Patrick Peterson wants out

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per KFAN radio here in MN:

Vikings are in talks with the Cards for PP21. Their offer is CB Trae Waynes a 1st and a 3rd this year. Im not sure if this is speculation or if this was an offer by MN.

Would you take this trade?

Change the third to a second and yes.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vikings are in talks with the Cards for PP21. Their offer is CB Trae Waynes a 1st and a 3rd this year. Im not sure if this is speculation or if this was an offer by MN.

I don't see how MIN could fit Peterson under the cap. They would have to agree to renegotiate Peterson's deal before the trade happened? Maybe?

Waynes cap hit next year($9M) would be almost as much as Peterson's($11M) and Waynes becomes a free agent after next year. A first and fourth rounder from MIN would be essentially a 2nd and 5th rounder because MIN is headed to the playoffs most likely and will pick late.

I say no way!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I don't see how MIN could fit Peterson under the cap. They would have to agree to renegotiate Peterson's deal before the trade happened? Maybe?

Waynes cap hit next year($9M) would be almost as much as Peterson's($11M) and Waynes becomes a free agent after next year. A first and fourth rounder from MIN would be essentially a 2nd and 5th rounder because MIN is headed to the playoffs most likely and will pick late.

I say no way!
Need to update that to TWO 1sts and a 4th.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no. that's going to be a late 1st rounder (which Keim has proven he has no idea what to do with) and Trae Waynes doesn't do much for me.

Trae Waynes is always hurt and gets a lot of holding penalties and like you said it would be a late first round pick... I would say no way too

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I say no way!

They said they can push some money around and make it work, but MN would probably lose some key pieces like Anthony Barr, Adam Theilen, or Kyle Rudolph. I wouldn’t take this trade unless they offered another 1st. He’s an all-Pro shut down corner in his prime and they are all in on the next 3 years. 20-32 of the first round would be what they would turn into.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Nope!

Now I’ll take Kendrick’s, a #1 & a #3.

I know we’re not going to get value for Pat P, but if someone thinks he’s the final piece to a SB they will pay it!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said they can push some money around and make it work, but MN would probably lose some key pieces like Anthony Barr, Adam Theilen, or Kyle Rudolph. I wouldn’t take this trade unless they offered another 1st. He’s an all-Pro shut down corner in his prime and they are all in on the next 3 years. 20-32 of the first round would be what they would turn into.

Now if they throw in Adam Theilen I would consider it!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Whoever is saying that sounds like an idiot. Trade for an elite CB but lose an elite WR?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think I would, but it is best to wait till right before the deadline to get the best possible return I would think.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoever is saying that sounds like an idiot. Trade for an elite CB but lose an elite WR?

It's just somebody that has not come to the relazation a trade is going to happen whether they like it or not.

That offer is pretty decent. Yes the 1st rounder will be low most likely - but any contender's first is going to be low.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope!

Now I’ll take Kendrick’s, a #1 & a #3.

I know we’re not going to get value for Pat P, but if someone thinks he’s the final piece to a SB they will pay it!

Taking away an important piece to get him, does not make him the final piece.

Since he replaces Waynes that is a piece they can afford to give up.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson and bucannon to the Vikings+ 2020 3th round pick

Arizona get anthony Barr+ 2019 first round pick+ 2020 first round pick

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They wouldn’t lose an elite WR. They would have to choose to lose one of the following I listed. They would also lose everson Griffin who is in a mental hospital working out some personal issues at the moment.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

@sunsfan88
Someone should let Max know that the Chargers aren’t in San Diego anymore.

And no thanks. I like Hayward/Williams/King for us. The only weakness in our secondary is our safety Addea who is the worst safety starting in the league. I would actually be more interested in bringing Tre Boston back to the Chargers.

With Bosa coming back next week, D should be fine.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think I would, but it is best to wait till right before the deadline to get the best possible return I would think.
Actually a draft day trade imo might max out our return. Just a thought.

I personally think a lot of fans are going to be pissed at our return if it happens in the next week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Patrick Peterson will be a phone guest tomorrow on The Dan Patrick Show. 9-12 AM EST. NBC Sports & DTV Audience 239. Also on radio/ app.

Flagstaff AZ KBXZ-AM 1650 FOX SPORTS 1650 6:00am 9:00am
Phoenix AZ KGME-AM 910 FOX SPORTS 910 PHOENIX 7:00am 10:00am
Tucson AZ KCUB-AM 1290 1290 AM THE SOURCE 6:00am 9:00am
Oh boy that’s not gonna be good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trades are more rare in the NFL because picks are so valuable.

By the way drafting players is highly unamerican in my humble opinion. They should be allowed to be free agents as we all mostly are in life. Funny how this is agreed to in this case but if you did this to most people they'd be up in arms about it.

All pro sports do this giving almost no real say to the players.

No one thinks of this much especially fans of crappy teams who'd never land a player willingly without over paying.
Wrong many of us think about it. And you want a sure way for the cardinals to never be competitive? Do what you suggest. The draft is necessary for competitive balance. Minus competitive balance the league would fold down to 8 teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't have ESPN Insider access but I'm sure wondering about this "separate high-stakes issue that is percolating behind the scenes but has rarely been mentioned publicly"!

...dave
I think that’s the comp pick discussion. Essentially the Vikings need the cards to keep Bradford to net a 3rd round comp pick but allegedly if we release him we can get a 6th (how the latter works I have no idea). So that part is essentially a behind the scenes handshake element.

I say screw Peterson. Don’t trade him unless you get an embarrassment of riches. I’m talking Herschel walker type deal.

Mullethead

Reaction score
If I'm Keim I'm asking for two 1st rounders for Peterson. If/when you don't get that offer, tell Peterson to suck it up and play out his remaining contract. The Cards have all of the leverage here. What's PP gonna do, sit out 2 1/2 years? If Keim manages to screw this up and takes anything less for Peterson he should be shown the door immediately. Hell, even if he does get this right he should probably still be shown the door.

If you're Keim, you're asking for a 12 of Natty Ice and a roadie of Nighttrain to seal the deal....