Patrick Peterson wants out

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I suggested this was going to happen last week and was laughed at. Guess I was ahead of the curve. :soapbox::self::grabs:

PS; KC Chiefs might be a logical landing spot. ... but Saints with him being an LSU player might get some play and they need d back help to get to the SB. P P gets one more big contract for career and it won't happen here.
Saints do not have a #1 or #3 next year, not sure how they'd swing this. 2019 2,4,5 Plus 20 & 21 #1's?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Peterson will be a phone guest tomorrow on The Dan Patrick Show. 9-12 AM EST. NBC Sports & DTV Audience 239. Also on radio/ app.

Flagstaff AZ KBXZ-AM 1650 FOX SPORTS 1650 6:00am 9:00am
Phoenix AZ KGME-AM 910 FOX SPORTS 910 PHOENIX 7:00am 10:00am
Tucson AZ KCUB-AM 1290 1290 AM THE SOURCE 6:00am 9:00am

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Patrick Peterson will be a phone guest tomorrow on The Dan Patrick Show. 9-12 AM EST. NBC Sports & DTV Audience 239. Also on radio/ app.

Flagstaff AZ KBXZ-AM 1650 FOX SPORTS 1650 6:00am 9:00am
Phoenix AZ KGME-AM 910 FOX SPORTS 910 PHOENIX 7:00am 10:00am
Tucson AZ KCUB-AM 1290 1290 AM THE SOURCE 6:00am 9:00am
why can’t that be today

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
oh I think Wilks has been terrible, no problem at all with him being a 1 and done coach.

I'm not in favor of trading PP largely because it's so hard to get a #1 CB in the NFL now. I shudder to think how bad this defense would be if we can't rely on him being there. Now maybe that's part of why we're playing the defense we're playing, all this zone, maybe they entertained this idea earlier and thought if we're going to trade him, we need to be a zone team, we can't play man without him.

I don't see any reason why the Raiders would be the team they're clearly trying to hoard draft picks, and no way PP would want to go there. So then you start looking for a good match and I don't see one.

He wants to win right away, we would want either multiple high picks or a high pick and a player, just don't see it happening.

if he is squeaking for a trade to hell with where he wants to go...trade his ass to buffalo.
making a trade is about helping the team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We were last week, but most of the season we've been intact, especially on defense.

It's completly embarrassing that Wilks came into this job saying we're gonna run the ball and we're gonna stop the run are our top priorities, and midway through his first season we can do neither.

Wilks is having me miss James Bettcher. That’s...well...something

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wilks is having me miss James Bettcher. That’s...well...something

Bettcher is having me miss Todd Bowles.......I miss Todd Bowles.

Hopefully the Jets fire him and we fire Wilks and hire Bowles.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If your saying the players would still prefer Bradford as their QB over Rosen after the performances he put in then the situation in AZ is more FUBAR than I can even imagine. If it's about paying Bradford then it's still FUBAR.
I am saying that players aren't going to care about one of the captains that they voted speaking out against the org when another captain that they voted is a helathy inactive.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good convo, but still never got to what the value is for PP.

To me he's worth 3 1's. If Dallas can get a 1 for Cooper who's not playing worth a pint ....and PP is an absolute shut down corner ...no questions asked....yea I'm demanding 3 1's or wait and you'll get it next year. If not keep him forever and your #1 CB is there

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bettcher is having me miss Todd Bowles.......I miss Todd Bowles.

Hopefully the Jets fire him and we fire Wilks and hire Bowles.
As a DC? Sure.

As HC? Last thing I want is another conservative DC as HC.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Trades are more rare in the NFL because picks are so valuable.

By the way drafting players is highly unamerican in my humble opinion. They should be allowed to be free agents as we all mostly are in life. Funny how this is agreed to in this case but if you did this to most people they'd be up in arms about it.

All pro sports do this giving almost no real say to the players.

No one thinks of this much especially fans of crappy teams who'd never land a player willingly without over paying.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

By the way drafting players is highly unamerican in my humble opinion. They should be allowed to be free agents as we all mostly are in life. Funny how this is agreed to in this case but if you did this to most people they'd be up in arms about it.

The Draft is very American.

In fact I would say the NFL Draft has become a national holiday.

Plus:
There is the US Military Draft

There is American Draft Beer

There is Drafting in NASCAR

Most American dads have a Drafty backside

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

While that used to be true, Conrad, this time last year was very different from the normal. In all, four trades went down on the last day, and the two biggest also included high picks (Jimmy Garoppolo to the Niners and Duane Brown to the Seahawks).

I wouldn’t trade Peterson at all, and I am also skeptical as to the truth of the reports, but if I absolutely had to, the prize would begin at a perceived top 15 pick in the first round this year. I think there are at least a handful of teams that are probably already locked in for a pick that high, and obviously you have some ideas as to who some of the other teams could be. Yes, those are obviously bad teams with basically as good a chance at a quick turnaround as the Cards, but if Peterson must have figured this out as well if he does indeed want to be traded. Again, I am not so sure that the reports are true.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Per KFAN radio here in MN:

Vikings are in talks with the Cards for PP21. Their offer is CB Trae Waynes a 1st and a 3rd this year. Im not sure if this is speculation or if this was an offer by MN.

Would you take this trade?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Vikings are in talks with the Cards for PP21. Their offer is CB Trae Waynes a 1st and a 3rd this year. Im not sure if this is speculation or if this was an offer by MN.

Sure cause u cant keep an unhappy player
Then waynes is good and u have 2 picks

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Good offer. They are desperate right now to regain last seasons spark...could easily end the season at .500 and a top 15 pick

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no. that's going to be a late 1st rounder (which Keim has proven he has no idea what to do with) and Trae Waynes doesn't do much for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort