Patrick Peterson wants out

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think this changes anything. He had to save face with the fans. Imagine how awkward it would be for him if he showed up at the stadium Sunday without saying this.

I still think there's a small chance that he's doing this all just to shake things up and effect real change. Alot more likely though that they'll be working on a trade after the season.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Class act, P2. It must be infuriating playing for this staff. Hopefully Mike Bidwill told him changes are coming and he'll get a pay bump if he sticks it out. Lock down cover corners don't grow on trees, so this is great news.

Time to change the thread title to "Patrick Peterson wants to stay" !!!!

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Yet he didn’t deny any of the rumors that he requested a trade. He didn’t say anything positive about the organization, coaches management ect. He’s clearly unhappy, but will play and not hold out which is good news (I guess, this season is a wash but we don’t need MORE drama) if nothing else, this should wake Bidwill up to the state of the team.

I'm no insider, but my guess is that Bidwill was already fully aware of the state of the team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure he mentions 'years to come'. Seems to me he's dedicated to the team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No, he means he intends to give his all to the game for years to come. It is just next to his statement about doing so for the Cardinals for years. It says nothing about his intentions to stay a Cardinal

This is a carefully crafted PR statement, but in reality it does not contradict any of the previous trade request info that has come out. He still wants to be traded, but is trying to save face with the fans if it does not happen.

Reaction score
No, he means he intends to give his all to the game for years to come. It is just next to his statement about doing so for the Cardinals for years. It says nothing about his intentions to stay a Cardinal

This is a carefully crafted PR statement, but in reality it does not contradict any of the previous trade request info that has come out. He still wants to be traded, but is trying to save face with the fans if it does not happen.

He says he's given his all to the Cards & fans & that's what he intends to do for years to come. Says to me he intends to stay a Cardinal for years to come. Nothing about giving it all elsewhere.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He says he's given his all to the Cards & fans & that's what he intends to do for years to come. Says to me he intends to stay a Cardinal for years to come. Nothing about giving it all elsewhere.

Cardinals is not in the same sentence as years to come. You are the one putting those together, because that is what you want to see.

Reaction score
Cardinals is not in the same sentence as years to come. You are the one putting those together, because that is what you want to see.

The inference was most definitely to the previous sentence. There's no other way to take it. I'm not the one seeing what they want to see. Please show where he could be inferring anything else.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMNSHO the only think Mike could have/should have said to Patrick is " Keim and Wilkes are dead men walking. They are gone. Please stay the course and see this through. "