Path to the draft....trades, rumors, etc

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I keep seeing the Niners don't know who they are taking at #3. I really find that hard to believe.

Do you trade away all those 1st round picks in the the hope you might like one of the guys who are available at #3? You only trade up when you know who you want surely.

You don't trade up then decide. What if you don;t like any of the options?
It’s possible that they liked 3 QBs, or 4, or all 5, so were comfortable trading up bc they knew they would get someone they liked but are having difficulty splitting hairs to determine which they select if given a choice.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s possible that they liked 3 QBs, or 4, or all 5, so were comfortable trading up bc they knew they would get someone they liked but are having difficulty splitting hairs to determine which they select if given a choice.

Its possible I guess. Seems unlikely though no? What are the odds you like multiple guys enough to spend three 1sts on them?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its possible I guess. Seems unlikely though no? What are the odds you like multiple guys enough to spend three 1sts on them?

If they are totally out on Garopolo - and they are, I don't think they had to know which of the 3 available rookie QB's they were making the trade for at that time as long as they thought any of the three had a reasonable chance of succeeding. Doesn't seem far fetched to me.

I think they believe their team is pretty complete, and that QB and injuries are the only things holding them back. I tend to agree with this unfortunately, so I am not really surprised by the trade even if it only gives them a 50/50 chance of improving, because the status quo was not working.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS has their new mock and they now have us taking Zaven Collins. they have Waddle to the Giants ahead of Smith, said that the rumor around the NFL is several teams are shying away from Smith because of his measured weight. They had him going 14 to Detroit in a trade, and called it a steal to get him there.

last week they had us taking Waddle.

THey still have SF taking Mac Jones but the guy said the buzz is it's Lance or Fields but they were not buying the buzz. Fields fell in their mock I think he went 8th.

I think this an average they have so many guys on CBS doing mocks

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS has their new mock and they now have us taking Zaven Collins. they have Waddle to the Giants ahead of Smith, said that the rumor around the NFL is several teams are shying away from Smith because of his measured weight. They had him going 14 to Detroit in a trade, and called it a steal to get him there.

last week they had us taking Waddle.

THey still have SF taking Mac Jones but the guy said the buzz is it's Lance or Fields but they were not buying the buzz. Fields fell in their mock I think he went 8th.

I think this an average they have so many guys on CBS doing mocks

Found it

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-patriots-move-up-for-qb/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

Fields is actually 14 they have Smith going 15 just ahead of us

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was waffling on him with his medical issues. This helps make up my mind. It isn't connected to his medical issues, but those issues are looming large already, AND he's not taking care of himself prior to the draft. Unless it comes out as a false positive, I want nothing to do with him. Yes, sometimes you can contract it through no fault of your own, so it may be unfair, but it speaks to me of not making good decisions leading up to the draft. And if you can't be smart at that point in your career, I don't know what to tell ya.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was waffling on him with his medical issues. This helps make up my mind. It isn't connected to his medical issues, but those issues are looming large already, AND he's not taking care of himself prior to the draft. Unless it comes out as a false positive, I want nothing to do with him. Yes, sometimes you can contract it through no fault of your own, so it may be unfair, but it speaks to me of not making good decisions leading up to the draft. And if you can't be smart at that point in your career, I don't know what to tell ya.

I'm opting out of football so I don't give Covid to my pops

also

I'm living with my pops and about to travel together to Cleveland and I have covid

:shrug:

I know some people will read this and get ready to hit the keyboard with "Anyone can catch covid. It's not his fault". They are right. That's my point. It's why losing a year of football makes no sense. He put his pop at more risk by living with him while training every day.