Palmer's Game

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'm sure some of were thinking Harry's crazy if he wants you cut this guy. Well there's no denying Palmer played great. Actually that only reinforces my belief cutting Palmer is the best course. I know it sounds crazy but think of it this way. Palmer played great and they still lost. At most Palmer could probably last one more year. Even with a good draft next year's team will be weaker. So how does keeping Palmer help? If even if he plays great they likely still lose. Cutting him allows the Cards to plug more than one hole. With all the free agents there are plenty of holes. These are the kind of moves Belicheck makes. Put emotion aside and make the decision that provides the best long term solution. I like Palmer; he's been good for the Cards. However his era is done snd it's time to move on. If you disagree layout the plan for me that shows me how the Cards field a better team next year.
I agree. Cards' run and window were last and this year. The window is now closed. This is an aging team that will continue to have issues fielding starters. The b/u' s barely qualify as legit by and large. They have to get younger and it starts at QB. Keim has said the end is upon the player before they realise it. Palmer can play but not at the level this team needs to make inroads through the playoffs, let alone on the road in cold weather. Not happening. Time to restructure the team and build around David Johnson. They're on a three year rebuild at this point. Start it now, get through one of those years. Let the pain begin.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I agree. Cards' run and window were last and this year. The window is now closed. This is an aging team that will continue to have issues fielding starters. The b/u' s barely qualify as legit by and large. They have to get younger and it starts at QB. Keim has said the end is upon the player before they realise it. Palmer can play but not at the level this team needs to make inroads through the playoffs, let alone on the road in cold weather. Not happening. Time to restructure the team and build around David Johnson. They're on a three year rebuild at this point. Start it now, get through one of those years. Let the pain begin.
Three year rebuild? That's a bit arbitrary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Palmer had a fantastic game against the Saints and that's with a make shift Oline and a WR corps that's not really very good right now. Yes age catches up with everyone but Palmer has at least two more good to great years left in him and as Chopper posted the Cap situation doesn't really improve by cutting him.

Hopefully Carson sees what the situation is and wants to help the CAP and does what he can to save $ to bring in some more talent.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Carson Palmer, going to next year, should be the among least of the Cards concerns.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I strongly hope you're right, Cbus, because I think the Cards agree with you. I just hope they're smart enough to get him to take a pay cut.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort