Palmer and Beanie with a pick?

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
On his Twitter page yesterday, Beanie said he thinks he will be traded! Do you think it would be the Bengals?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
On his Twitter page yesterday, Beanie said he thinks he will be traded! Do you think it would be the Bengals?
The Eagles make sense too.

But I wonder how much value Wells actually has in a trade? RB's don't need time to learn the playbook like a QB or WR so with the Cardinals likely to get rid of one of their RB's, wouldn't most teams just wait and get them for free?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Considering he added a smiley emoticon after that tweet, I think he's joking

Not like Reggie Bush telling New Oeans, "it's been fun."

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
He also tweeted j/k with his next tweet. Wiz said that it is not a message to TH or BW but rather Williams was their 15th ranked player.

It's a message in that they;'re not satisfied with the progress of the running game.

You don't just bring in someone if your satisfied with whats going on in that department. How could they be satisfied.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And then he immediatly said "Jk".. Then he went on to say he will fit in with them. It was a joke..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's called denial. Wells is gone.

Youve got to understand that Kent Somers asked him the question about what Beanie thought about us drafting Williams.. It wasnt like Beanie just started tweeting this stuff.. It came across as an inside joke of some kind between Somers and Beanie..

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering he added a smiley emoticon after that tweet, I think he's joking

Not like Reggie Bush telling New Oeans, "it's been fun."

Its the same. All a smiley face could mean is that he is happy about it. Typically spouting off again. I would follow up with J/K afterward too when rightright after I hit send i realized how dumb it probably was. :)

Bobcat

Reaction score
What most of you seem to not know about Beanies is that he really hates it out hear in Arizona. Not the Cardinals, but the kid is Home sick. Nothing against him he just wants to be closer to home. Yes either Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh or even Philly would be his best landing place. With Cincinnati you would get Palmer, with Philly you get Kolb. With Pitt. you get...???

Hey I hear that Matt L. might be going to The Seahawks.
:)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What most of you seem to not know about Beanies is that he really hates it out hear in Arizona. Not the Cardinals, but the kid is Home sick. Nothing against him he just wants to be closer to home. Yes either Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh or even Philly would be his best landing place. With Cincinnati you would get Palmer, with Philly you get Kolb. With Pitt. you get...???

And how do you know this? I seem to remember him making comments he loved it out here in AZ not too long ago...

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Let's give Beanie another year before we start tossing him aside. He looked very good his first year and clearly was never 100% in year two..

Lets see what he can do this season before writing him off. He and Williams could be a very good 1-2 punch if both are healthy

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Lets see what he can do this season before writing him off. He and Williams could be a very good 1-2 punch if both are healthy

Ding Ding Ding.

Hightower is gone (see ya!) and I LOVE ME some Beanie and Williams. One of those guys will turn into an absolute stud and part of me still thinks it will be Beanie.

And yes it was a joke. They even made reference to the Reggie Bush tweet right before.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ding Ding Ding.

Hightower is gone (see ya!) and I LOVE ME some Beanie and Williams. One of those guys will turn into an absolute stud and part of me still thinks it will be Beanie.

And yes it was a joke. They even made reference to the Reggie Bush tweet right before.

What makes you think Beanie will still ever amount to a stud? Average RB maybe I'll give ya. But stud? No f'n way.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Hey I hear that Matt L. might be going to The Seahawks.
:)
Yeah that's called denial. Wells is gone.
It's a good thing fans are rarely ever right.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
What makes you think Beanie will still ever amount to a stud? Average RB maybe I'll give ya. But stud? No f'n way.

I see alot of similaraties between Beanie and Darren McFadden.

Beanie is physically a stud and when he was running well, his rookie year, I thought we had a monster on our hands.

Then he had a down season where he was beat up, the team was down all the time, and behind a bad oline. He also was sharing carries with an inferior player IMO.

Maybe I am naive but I am expecting a 1000 yard season out of him this year with Hightower ineveitably being let go.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

It's not his fault. Beanie would have been a stud if I hadn't talked him up last pre season. Just look how well I used the Duckjake anti-curse to get my homie Sam Acho on the team. :p

I'd be ecstatic if the Cards packaged Wells in a trade for Palmer. Of course that means it will never happen. Arizona will simply release Wells on Sept. 5th 2011.

Bobcat

Reaction score
And how do you know this? I seem to remember him making comments he loved it out here in AZ not too long ago...

so soon you forget you forget what your God "whiz" once stated this smuck...!!! for many years now you have had it for me. why i do not know.:(

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score

Probably because he was an elite high school talent.. an elite college back (when healthy).. and had a damn good YPC when he was healthy in the NFL...

He's had one bad season, in which he played with no passing game, a porous OLine, and a bad knee.

Hopefully we can at least upgrade the QB position slightly, and his knee is recovered

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably because he was an elite high school talent.. an elite college back (when healthy).. and had a damn good YPC when he was healthy in the NFL...

He's had one bad season, in which he played with no passing game, a porous OLine, and a bad knee.

Hopefully we can at least upgrade the QB position slightly, and his knee is recovered

Timmy the supposed inferior player averaged 4.8 behind same passing game and porous Oline.

Injury isn't an excuse. Beanie when playing last year stated he was healthy. He was cleared by the doctors to play. If he is on the field whining for carries he needs to produce. End of story.

Being an elite high school and college player doesn't mean a whole lot when it translates to the NFL. If that were the case every firstmrounder and nearly all 2nd rounders would be NFL studs. It's irrelevant.

Beanie in almost 300 carries has yet to show he can be a game breaker and have a run of longer than 30 yards. He regularly gets leg tackled and tripped at the ankles even when injuries aren't a concern.

Add in that that he can't be counted on to stay healthy and you have the making of at best an average RB jmo.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Beanie isn't the Leenart of our running backs. Showed flashes early, then.....pfffft

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Cardinals obviously want more big plays out of their running game. I don't know that this means the end for Wells, it is just an opportunity to get more dynamic on offense. I think that Hightower has fumbled his way out of Arizona eventhough he has shown more that Wells.