Our franchise QB

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm tired of Kliff and Kyler using 2 high as an excuse for 5 yard passes. If that was the case every team would play 2 high and everyone would have a 5 YPA.

More 2 high

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe when we get rid of this loser coach and he fails with the next one.. then blame Kyler
So, at minimum, no one's allowed to criticize KM for, what, 5 years? 6? 7? lol yeah, sure.

We get it. None of his failures are on his shoulders and, though every once in a blue moon you'll give a half a sentence saying he has his faults, you will fight every poster to the death the moment a single fault is mentioned and deflect, deflect, deflect.

We get it. You're a KM fan first and foremost. If you could admit that, I think a lot less people would give you grief.

Stout

Reaction score
Probably because he has an extremely good track record of not fumbling the ball on runs and most folks don't change the way they do things if they're working. Maybe now that he's had 2 fumbles this season he will practice tucking it in, we'll see. It will likely hamper his ability to be elusive while running because he swings his arms around to help with balance.
:biglaugh:

Not carrying the ball like a loaf of bread will "likely hamper his ability to be elusive because he swings his arms around to help with balance." So now Kyler's even special in how he has to run to keep his balance? How could you possibly type that with a straight face, man? Tucking the ball properly hinders no one in their running style or "ability to be elusive." It's a bad habit, it has always been a bad habit, and it always will be a bad habit if he doesn't decide to fix it. Just because it never burned him before doesn't mean it wasn't always stupid. And, what does boy wonder do when he fumbles because of it? Continue to do the stupid thing. Inexcusable.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, at minimum, no one's allowed to criticize KM for, what, 5 years? 6? 7? lol yeah, sure.

We get it. None of his failures are on his shoulders and, though every once in a blue moon you'll give a half a sentence saying he has his faults, you will fight every poster to the death the moment a single fault is mentioned and deflect, deflect, deflect.

We get it. You're a KM fan first and foremost. If you could admit that, I think a lot less people would give you grief.

You make some really dumb comments and love deranging what people say consistently. This is a prime example. Not worthy of defending.

Stout

Reaction score
You make some really dumb comments and love deranging what people say consistently. This is a prime example. Not worthy of defending.
And I quote: "Maybe when we get rid of this loser coach and he fails with the next one.. then blame Kyler." Your words, not mine. This is year 4 and we still have Kliffy, so we can't blame him this year. If Kliffy isn't fired after the season, we can't blame Kyler if the team is bad. If another coach comes in, the excuse will be that Kyler only had one season with the new coach.

When will you be able to hold your hand up and say, without reservation, that Kyler is playing bad? With all that's wrong around him, Kyler is definitely playing bad himself. He's not making things better with his play.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all that's wrong around him, Kyler is definitely playing bad himself. He's not making things better with his play.
This

He is part of the problem and not doing himself any favors with his poor play

Notice how I said "part" because there are many reasons for our poor record

^ (not directed at you @Stout)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And I quote: "Maybe when we get rid of this loser coach and he fails with the next one.. then blame Kyler." Your words, not mine. This is year 4 and we still have Kliffy, so we can't blame him this year. If Kliffy isn't fired after the season, we can't blame Kyler if the team is bad. If another coach comes in, the excuse will be that Kyler only had one season with the new coach.

When will you be able to hold your hand up and say, without reservation, that Kyler is playing bad? With all that's wrong around him, Kyler is definitely playing bad himself. He's not making things better with his play.
Dude you’re acting like a jack-arse.. I don’t think there’s a poster on the board that has said Kyler is playing good. He’s playing bad… he also is playing bad with imo the worse coach in the nfl and probably the worse offensive line in the NFL.

Again he’s not playing good, he’s playing bad.. I am just of the opinion that there isn’t a QB in the league that would succeed under the current environment in AZ.

Stout

Reaction score
Dude you’re acting like a jack-arse.. I don’t think there’s a poster on the board that has said Kyler is playing good. He’s playing bad… he also is playing bad with imo the worse coach in the nfl and probably the worse offensive line in the NFL.

Again he’s not playing good, he’s playing bad.. I am just of the opinion that there isn’t a QB in the league that would succeed under the current environment in AZ.
I'm glad you can agree that he's playing bad. I get that you can't help the caveats. There's plenty wrong with the Cards ATM, and Kyler is one of the big 'uns. Glad we can agree :thumbup:

mobyhammy

Reaction score
It's hard to be objective right after a loss, so it's good to look at the facts. In the last quarterback rankings by nfl.com, KM was 12th, not at the bottom, and ahead of QBs like Prescott, Rodgers, Tannehill and Carr. Even when it comes to fumbles, it's not like KM is off the charts with his fumbling. Lamar Jackson has fumbled 41 times, and Josh Allen 46 times, more than KM's 35 (although they have one more year in the NFL). Daniel Jones, who has played the same number of years as KM has 39 fumbles.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Not carrying the ball like a loaf of bread will "likely hamper his ability to be elusive because he swings his arms around to help with balance." So now Kyler's even special in how he has to run to keep his balance? How could you possibly type that with a straight face, man? Tucking the ball properly hinders no one in their running style or "ability to be elusive." It's a bad habit, it has always been a bad habit, and it always will be a bad habit if he doesn't decide to fix it. Just because it never burned him before doesn't mean it wasn't always stupid. And, what does boy wonder do when he fumbles because of it? Continue to do the stupid thing. Inexcusable.

Normally when your QB is "pushing the boundaries" it's not for his own benefit.

No contact. No study. No tucking. No culpability.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's hard to be objective right after a loss, so it's good to look at the facts. In the last quarterback rankings by nfl.com, KM was 12th, not at the bottom, and ahead of QBs like Prescott, Rodgers, Tannehill and Carr. Even when it comes to fumbles, it's not like KM is off the charts with his fumbling. Lamar Jackson has fumbled 41 times, and Josh Allen 46 times, more than KM's 35 (although they have one more year in the NFL). Daniel Jones, who has played the same number of years as KM has 39 fumbles.

Raw fumble numbers don't tell the whole story, either. Each botch snap is charged to Kyler (and other QBs) as a fumble. Better to look at how many fumbles were actually lost - because that's going to skew more towards strip-sacks and ball carrier fumbles. Kyler is very rarely strip sacked and very rarely fumbles the ball as a runner. Some folks apparently think he should be "held accountable", or change his mechanics, for something that he's done very well during his career. Odd, but fandome can override logic.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

12th by what metric? He isn't close to 12 in anything except CMs shorter than the average QB and completed passes over 10 yards.

(sorry couldn't help it)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raw fumble numbers don't tell the whole story, either. Each botch snap is charged to Kyler (and other QBs) as a fumble. Better to look at how many fumbles were actually lost - because that's going to skew more towards strip-sacks and ball carrier fumbles. Kyler is very rarely strip sacked and very rarely fumbles the ball as a runner. Some folks apparently think he should be "held accountable" for something that he's done very well during his career. Odd, but fandome can override logic.
Exactly and we have some of the worst snapping centers in the league seriously how many over the head snaps have we seen? We have to be the most in the league I don’t recall other teams doing it repeatedly like we do!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
12th by what metric? He isn't close to 12 in anything except CMs shorter than the average QB and completed passes over 10 yards.

(sorry couldn't help it)
Cause your a hater…it’s expected with the other nonsense you post constantly… you must be a joy to be around…

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Exactly and we have some of the worst snapping centers in the league seriously how many over the head snaps have we seen? We have to be the most in the league I don’t recall other teams doing it repeatedly like we do!

We run shotgun over 90% of the time which creates more opportunities for bad snaps, and our QB is shorter and that is going to decrease your margin for error, but I guess we just gotta accept it because Kliff is a one trick pony and won't try anything different.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am actually.

Again, I don't hate Kyler. I praised him a great deal last year.

He gets from me what he deserves and right now he's one of the worst QBs in the league.
Again that’s your opinion which isn’t much, many many teams would take him in a heartbeat so no he’s not one of the worst, he is saddled in one of the worst situations in the league as far as Oline and incompetent coaching though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again that’s your opinion which isn’t much, many many teams would take him in a heartbeat so no he’s not one of the worst, he is saddled in one of the worst situations in the league as far as Oline and incompetent coaching though.

It's a statistical fact he's one of the worst in the league.

And it's your opinion he has one of the worst O lines and coaches in the league against statistical fact.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m very frustrated with Kyler cause of his poor play, but I would forgive it if it meant Keim got axed. That probably won’t happen since Bidwill is a loser so I guess I’ll remain frustrated.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm tired of Kliff and Kyler using 2 high as an excuse for 5 yard passes. If that was the case every team would play 2 high and everyone would have a 5 YPA.

More 2 high

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This isn't directed at you Brit, but your post got me thinking about QB's like Tua, Jalen Hurts, and Geno Smith. All 3 of these guys have a mental toughness and fortitude that Kyler hasn't shown yet. They were written off and completely disrespected by everyone. They could have easily relegated themselves to backup duties--and Geno was a dead man walking! Their play this year doesn't just happen, it means they were working as hard when things were terrible (when no one is watching) as they did when they were the franchise surrounded by cameras.

I don't personally think any of those 3 are better than Kyler regarding talent or athleticism, but hard work and belief in your ability to elevate a team will almost always overcome talent in the long run. (I say "almost" because I don't think coked up Lawrence Taylor had a clue what was going on most of the time lol)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't directed at you Brit, but your post got me thinking about QB's like Tua, Jalen Hurts, and Geno Smith. All 3 of these guys have a mental toughness and fortitude that Kyler hasn't shown yet. They were written off and completely disrespected by everyone. They could have easily relegated themselves to backup duties--and Geno was a dead man walking! Their play this year doesn't just happen, it means they were working as hard when things were terrible (when no one is watching) as they did when they were the franchise surrounded by cameras.

I don't personally think any of those 3 are better than Kyler regarding talent or athleticism, but hard work and belief in your ability to elevate a team will almost always overcome talent in the long run. (I say "almost" because I don't think coked up Lawrence Taylor had a clue what was going on most of the time lol)

Great point.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good post

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard