Our franchise QB

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. Reid, like any coach, added the last 5%.

You cannot be a great NL quarterback if you rely on a head coach to "make" you. By definition to be a great NFL quarterback you have to contain that drive, desire and work ethic within yourself so that you are great no matter what.

I couldn't give two craps about Kliff but it's not defending him to say that replacing him would not change anything with Kyler in the slightest because Kyler (so far, and possibly never) simply does not contain those required qualities.

It's why I would like him to be benched. Because I think he needs a shot of humility.
I was calling for him to be benched several weeks ago hoping it might give him the necessary wake up call he needs but I also worried that it might have the opposite effect. At this point, it may be Kliff’s only play

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Mahomes accuracy is exactly the same as it was his last year in college.
Hahaha is this a joke?

Btw - taking out Kyler's runs we are 4th worst in NFL in rushing yards per attempt under 4 ypc. Kyler is playing like garbage but having no safety valve with the run game is not on him but Keim and Kliff.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. How about:

“I haven't usually fumbled in my career at all, but I can’t fumble the ball there.”

The best hold THEMSELVES accountable. Especially when they make the same killer mistake multiple times. I mean, that was the EXACT SAME PLAY basically that he fumbled against the EXACT SAME TEAM.

The fact that he doesn’t recognize that or is loathe to admit it says so much about who he is… and sadly isn’t.
It sounds like Kyler will not learn from his running style and carrying style. He comes across as "this guy made a great play, that's what knocked the ball loose. I have to change nothing and I'll continue to carry the ball the way I have been carrying it because there's no way someone can make a play like that against me again."

There's no introspection with this guy.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That being said, Kyler has a huge upside. I want to see it. He needs to prove it and not have everyone blame someone else. He is the 1/4 billionaire QB, show it and carry this team.
^^^ This 100%

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My prediction: pain.

Well, he's shown us he can be great early last year. He can do it.

However, like you, I don't believe he has the attitude or work ethic to deliver it consistently. So I lean more towards pain also.

It's going to be worse than just being bad. You can accept being bad to some degree if you have bad players. It's worse being bad when you are consistently underperforming and just doing enough to give you hope that is always dashed.

How many times have fans here said "This is the week he will turn it around"?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Exactly. Reid, like any coach, added the last 5%.

You cannot be a great NFL quarterback if you rely on a head coach to "make" you. By definition to be a great NFL quarterback you have to contain that drive, desire and work ethic within yourself so that you are great no matter what.

I couldn't give two craps about Kliff but it's not defending him to say that replacing him would not change anything with Kyler in the slightest because Kyler (so far, and possibly never) simply does not contain those required qualities.

It's why I would like him to be benched. Because I think he needs a shot of humility.
Which is exactly what Josh Allen did to get to where he is today. Murray, not so much.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No, that is based on his acceleration of improvement as a pro because of someone like Reid. Mahomes accuracy improved once he became a pro. That strong arm became more accurate under Reid. Fair or not, I am not comparing Kliff to Reid or McNabb to Mahomes, I am talking about Mahomes and Reid, and if they become far superior as a tandem so be it and there then has to be a reason why. I do not care about practice and camp talk, because it seems every guy drafted gets put on a PR pedestal by most franchises at such an important position
Comparing Kingsbury to Andy Reid is like comparing Kyler to Drew Brees. it is not a fair comp.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Comparing Kingsbury to Andy Reid is like comparing Kyler to Drew Brees. it is not a fair comp.
I am not saying they are as good as my objective for fulling the desired effect, again I am talking about development. I am not talking about Kyler playing as well as Mahomes to be successful but rather to be a competent good starting QB (again, I do not buy into Kyler being a transcendent player but becoming a good starting QB), so I not really comparing the two as much as I am comparing the value of the process of getting better. As far as coaching, I am not saying Kliff has to be like Reid but Kliff is below average right now without even Reid being in the picture, but Reid does fulfill the other side of the spectrum to make the point more obvious

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Come on man. You slipped in the major problem at the end like it was a footnote.

5 YPA? It was 4.6 YPA half way through the 3rd and only got up to 5 because we were behind.

Did you watch the Chiefs Titans game and how pressured Mahomes was? He has a full strength O line and he was running around all over the place. Got sacked 4 times. Was under constant pressure but threw for 446 yards. 446!

Kliff and Kyler come out post game and it's all "They were playing 2 high and restricting us to underneath. Blah. Blah. Blah". Do people think teams don't play 2 high against Patrick Mahomes? Or Josh Allen?

Good QB's find a way.
Lol at mentioning kliff using the same excuse as kyler but him completely escaping all culpability in your post. Your kyler hate has you too focused and is serving as blinders to the fact kliff is right there beside kyler in this mess.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mahomes made himself a viable starter with a singular focus, hard work and dedication to his craft.

Andy Reid didn't make Mahomes. No coach has ever made a great QB. Great QB's makes themselves. If they don't have that drive, work ethic and dedication to their craft there is nothing a coach can do.

All a coach can do is add the last 5% by putting the QB in a position to succeed. We're nowhere near that.

To put it in terms Kyler would understand his loading bar froze at about 50%.
Not true. Josh allen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You don't have to be in the room with him to see the lack of film study. It's evident when watching him play.

If you went to the bathroom and came out with **** all down your legs I don't have to be in the bathroom with you to know something bad happened.
But you couldn’t say for 100% certain that you pissed yourself or you ran into some psycho at a urinal who turned and peed all over you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No man. Kyler is playing like crap. If Kyler isn't playing like crap nobody is talking about Keim and Kliff. This isn't a **** rolling down hill situation, it's rolling up hill.

Here's a prime example of the problem. In game 1 vs Seattle Kyler fumbled the ball carrying it like a loaf of bread. Yesterday he fumbled it again carrying it like a loaf of bread. It was almost an instant replay.

What kind of player keeps making the same mistake and doesn't correct it? It's not a difficult fix. After you do it the first time and normal player would think "I'll tuck it in future. No loss to me and it's safer". He doesn't even have to 2 hand it. Just one hand tuck it. Problem solved.

But even that is too much for Kyler. There is this immense arrogance about him that makes him believe the rules don't apply to him. He doesn't have to tuck the ball. He doesn't have to study like other QB's. He doesn't have to put the work in, he's got a natural gift to just see the field (up to 5 yards only). He doesn't have to accept responsibility. He's not the problem it's everything else.

The talk of the false starts and fumbles and other ugly crap is a distraction. We didn't lose because of them. We were within 3 in Q4 with all that crap. We lost because Kyler couldn't pass over 5 yards and he played terribly. That's it.

That one tiny thing (not tucking) is a shining example of the overall problem.
I couldn’t even get past the first paragraph because it’s just patently wrong. Many of us have been complaining about keim for years. And many of us have been kliff skeptics prior to this season.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
They actually played to RW3s strength and knew they had a crap Oline thus had offensive concepts like taking snaps under center, lots of play action and lots of QB roll outs. Stuff we don’t do.
The Russell Wilson/Geno Smith example shows the importance of coaching and offensive schemes. How did Wilson look so good playing for Carroll, and why does he look so bad now?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of 25 complete passes

8 behind the LOS
9 5 yards or less
4 5-10 yards
3 10-15 yards
1 15-20 yards

Nothing longer than about 17. No attempt longer than 22.

77% of passes less than 5 yards.

You simply cannot win games playing like this unless you have an elite run game. Which we do not.

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of 25 complete passes

8 behind the LOS
9 5 yards or less
4 5-10 yards
3 10-15 yards
1 15-20 yards

Nothing longer than about 17. No attempt longer than 22.

77% of passes less than 5 yards.

You simply cannot win games playing like this unless you have an elite run game. Which we do not.

You must be registered for see images attach
More than half of the attempts were either behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is how you play against 2 high

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like Kyler will not learn from his running style and carrying style. He comes across as "this guy made a great play, that's what knocked the ball loose. I have to change nothing and I'll continue to carry the ball the way I have been carrying it because there's no way someone can make a play like that against me again."

There's no introspection with this guy.

Can't understand how is possible after 4 years of nfl and being called a dual threat qb he still hold the ball with one hand like a sandwich

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't understand how is possible after 4 years of nfl and being called a dual threat qb he still hold the ball with one hand like a sandwich

Probably because he has an extremely good track record of not fumbling the ball on runs and most folks don't change the way they do things if they're working. Maybe now that he's had 2 fumbles this season he will practice tucking it in, we'll see. It will likely hamper his ability to be elusive while running because he swings his arms around to help with balance.