Ouch!

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
So I'm reading the story about the bench reaction to Shaq's second straight steamroller act and there's this:

"Forward Linton Johnson had a different take.
“Don’t look at me. I’m on a 10-day contract, I can’t afford to be out 6-8 weeks,” Johnson said, before he was released on Wednesday."

Ouch!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Are 10 day contracts allowed during the playoffs? Why not keep him as insurance?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Can't be that expensive to keep him for the rest of the year. I liked his energy on the defensive end. Would have like to keep him as insurance as well.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Are 10 day contracts allowed during the playoffs? Why not keep him as insurance?

No and you have to have your roster sent by a specific date (which I think has already passed). They would've had to have signed him to a 1 year deal type of thing, which once they picked up Giricek, was probably out of the question.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
You can only sign so many 10 days (2 or 3 I think) then you have to sign them for the rest of the season.

I would have liked to see the Suns keep him on but they aren't going to keep 14 players when 13 is the minimum. :sigh:

EDIT: it is two 10 days only.
Teams may now sign free agents to 10-day contracts solely for the purpose of replacing an injured player. A team can renew a player's 10-day contract, but must waive or sign the player for the remainder of the season after the player has fulfilled two such contracts.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/00421026.html

Last edited: