OT: Whiz doing what Whiz does

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Ah yes, the game that showed Whiz's true colors when the chips are down. I remember after watching that game, that I started hoping Whiz got fired.

Horrible game, that a 3 legged dog could have coached better, and won.

The best was the coaching staff walking Lindley, who was as lost as most QB's in Whiz's system are, down after down, series after series, and then got upset when Dockett wouldn't let the Jets score because the coaches were "trying to win the game".

Ridiculous!

Ugh, so bad.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
would you like to make a bet who wins more playoff games when they are both retired?

This is ridiculous. I am no Whisenhunt fan....but those proclaiming Fisher one of the best in the league are high.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

If by "best" you mean overrated I would agree. He's the worst coach in his own division.

Whisenhunt has 4 playoff wins in 6 tries....Fisher 5 in 11 tries.

I agree, Fisher has been riding the Music City Miracle coat tails for about 15 years. He couldn't coach out of a paper bag (whatever that means).

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
He's the worst coach in his own division.

I don't agree. I'd take Fisher over Pete Carrol. I'd like to see what slick Pete would do with less than elite talent and/or having Wilson go down. Oh wait, we saw what happened with the Jets a few years back. Harbaugh has had a few great years, but it appears he's now burning out like an asteroid rather quickly and perhaps even ruined his promising young QB along the way.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't agree. I'd take Fisher over Pete Carrol. I'd like to see what slick Pete would do with less than elite talent and/or having Wilson go down. Oh wait, we saw what happened with the Jets a few years back. Harbaugh has had a few great years, but it appears he's now burning out like an asteroid rather quickly and perhaps even ruined his promising young QB along the way.

Eh, I used to say the same thing about Carrol.
But he's had enough success the last few years to prove otherwise.
As much as I hate the annoying crooked nose, gum-smacking s.o.b.. He's a pretty good head coach.

And you have to give him credit for:

1. Picking Wilson
2. Having the balls to hand the keys to Wilson in his rookie year.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading Rams boards last Friday, and I noticed frustration on the part of a lot of fans. They were noting that the Cardinals had endured more hardship than the Rams had, yet Arians, in his second season after a 5-11 year and coming off a 1-11 run, had us on a playoff course while Fisher has the Rams hoping for a .500 season.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
As much as I hate the annoying crooked nose, gum-smacking s.o.b.. He's a pretty good head coach.

1. Picking Wilson

I do not care for Pete Carroll at all but I can't argue with what he did in USC and with the Seahawks. I am not saying that they don't have talent, but I think they're defense, specifically their defensive backs, is extremely well coached and disciplined.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You look at all these guys, Carrol, Whiz, Fisher, they are good when they have QB's and struggle when they don't. Just like every other coach not names Arians or Belicheck.

TimTheToolmanTebow

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

carroll built that team from the group up

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
3. Trading away Harvin

I really hoped that move was going to make the team implode - but they did turn around about the same time.

Took some huevos

1. Picking Wilson

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
3. Trading away Harvin

I really hoped that move was going to make the team implode - but they did turn around about the same time.

Took some huevos
It was a great move, ditching Percy. His production was low, he was a cancer on the sideline and on the bench and the team rallied around their coach. Lynch also **** pretty quickly after the move. They have a good--really really good--football team. They're also really well coached.

I know dudes hate on Pete and so do I, but he's been successful in college and the pros. That's all you can ask. It's hard to win a SB but to keep them focused the year after is almost as hard, maybe even harder, with all the egos.

I honestly wish it was Pete with the issues and not Harbaugh because Kaepernick isn't half the QB as Wilson. Freaking Seahawks have no offense outside of Wilson and Lynch. Baldwin is okay but you don't build a team around that dude. 49ers have talent galore on offense but can't score. Kaepernick is awful and their offensive line sucks.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It's amazing all the people that take joy in bashing the only coach to get the Cards to back to back playoff appearances and the SB.

It's as if him struggling somehow makes them feel better about themselves. Pretty pathetic.

I hope nothing but the best for the guy and appreciate how good a coach he is. He's reached the top of his profession(ok, 1 bad call away from it) and that's something 99.999% of the people on here will never be able to say.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing all the people that take joy in bashing the only coach to get the Cards to back to back playoff appearances and the SB.

It's as if him struggling somehow makes them feel better about themselves. Pretty pathetic.

I hope nothing but the best for the guy and appreciate how good a coach he is. He's reached the top of his profession(ok, 1 bad call away from it) and that's something 99.999% of the people on here will never be able to say.

He's a stubborn jackass, who never takes any blame.

I enjoy watching arrogant people fail, and make no mistake about it...Whiz is failing miserably.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Case in point. Whiz brought us to the Super Bowl, and back to back playoff appearances ? Or was it that Kurt Warner was that damn good ?

Posts like this are just a continuation of that debate. Thus what you take as bashing, is just me continuing my side of the debate. Is it negative ? Yes, because I don't think Whiz is a good coach.

Funny how you harp on back to back playoffs, yet just look over 3 seasons of horrific, horrific football, and long losing streaks.

Why you have to make it about the poster is kinda silly. Take joy ? LOL. That's rookie pysch out stuff ..... laughable man.

Kinda like bashing other posters who have a difference in opinion on a subject rather than talking about the subject.

Whiz's struggle in Ten. is his own doing. He is the coach, that is his team. There is no Russ Grimm, or Rod Graves to blame. He had his choices too between Detroit and Ten. and he made his bed.

Makes me feel better ? I guess, since it is justification in my stance that Whiz is not a good coach, and cannot evaluate talent, and seems to habitually string losing streaks together. Its not bashing when it is truth. But, understanding the truth hurts sometimes, I can see why people get upset.

But maybe those people shouldn't wave a Whiz flag in everyone's face and then get defensive when the situation doesn't turn out to be the way they want it.

I hope nothing but the best for the guy and appreciate how good a coach he is.

You see and that is where you admit you still think he is a good coach. And I simply do not agree with it. I do not deserve to be called pathetic, or have personal BS thrown at me for it, no one does. I am glad you have your opinion, but it is not my fault there are no facts to back it up with, that is whose fault ? Nobody but Whiz.

He's reached the top of his profession(ok, 1 bad call away from it) and that's something 99.999% of the people on here will never be able to say.

ONE BAD CALL ? What call ? The call to throw the ball on 2nd and Goal right before the end of the 1st half ? You are right, that call was atrocious.

Ken Whisenhunt has a record of 47-64 as a coach. That is 0.423 winning percentage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

That puts him in the bottom 25% of coaches in his profession.

I think more than 99.99999% of the posters have achieved to be over the bottom 25% in their profession.

Just sayin'

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Titan team has very little talent. Difficult for any coach to succeed there. They should get the number one or two pick and probably take a qb (Mariota or Winston). Means that next year will also be a struggle. That won't be good for Whiz.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1. Picking Wilson

How about nearly ruining USC?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's because it's painfully obvious that it was the resurgence of Warner's career that got us there and not Whiz. Once Warner was gone, we saw the Whiz philosophy in action.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison