OT: The 2024 NFL Scouting Combine. 2/29/24-3/3/24

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He was amazing last year.

Like I said, he had a better season than Jarvin Garrison if that was his name. And the combine testing clearly demonstrates that he is an elite prospect.

He had back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons, which is another indicator of success.

Murray had his best season throwing to a guy who does exactly what Rome does, plays bully ball.

His workout at his size ranks in the top three percent since this data has been tracked.

Yeah I loved that he tested and showed out while MHJr and Nabers tried to play it safe.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for Caleb. Teams that will never draft him don't need his medical information. It is private after all.
Sports hosts were just talking about this. If the Bears want to trade the top pick, they'd likely have to have Caleb take individual medical tests with any of those interested in making a trade for him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sports hosts were just talking about this. If the Bears want to trade the top pick, they'd likely have to have Caleb take individual medical tests with any of those interested in making a trade for him.
or ask the bears GM... dude could lie, sure... but word gets around fast when you are untrustworthy...nobody would deal with him again

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah I loved that he tested and showed out while MHJr and Nabers tried to play it safe.
TBF...you advise this as his agent because he didn't really have anything to lose by working out. He wasn't likely going to fall, and he was already slotted 3rd. Actually is one reason I was surprised Nabers didn't work out. Not too much to lose IMO.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
TBF...you advise this as his agent because he didn't really have anything to lose by working out. He wasn't likely going to fall, and he was already slotted 3rd. Actually is one reason I was surprised Nabers didn't work out. Not too much to lose IMO.
Had to be that he wouldn't measure what he was listed at. He seems like a guy who would of lit up all the athletic testing,odd he wouldn't take the chance to make sure his numbet 2 wrs if not number 1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
size matters in the nfl...with all those 6'3 guys...if nabers measured at 5'10 he most certainly drops to 3rd wr at best unless he absolutely blows away the agility testing. the contrast/compare wont be quite as intense with him measuring later but he sure better hope his workout goes well

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Nabers had a lot to lose. He was mostly viewed as the #2, and I don't think you can reasonably argue he is now.

Even if Nabers doesn't work out at all, I'd wager he still goes top ten, but would you be comfortable taking him at #4? I wouldn't.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect this is Williams' way of limiting the teams for which he's willing to play, without the negative publicity that would come with publicly listing the teams for which he's willing to play.

If he only takes physicals with his desired teams and doesn't allow those teams to release his medical information, other teams would most likely not be interested in trading up to take him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LSU people believe Nabers sat out of measurements so Jayden Daniels wouldn't be alone in taking heat for it.

He's a legit 5'11" and change.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
An interesting prospect I'd heard about a few months ago, Mason McCormick, would probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick in most drafts. He blew up the combine with his testing, but I wouldn't doubt if he's available in round 4.because of his small school status and the overall impressive OL class coming out.

The "vaunted" centers in last year's class probably go third round.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bears already trying to improve the interior for their new shorter QB.

Also watched Pats insiders say that Jayden Daniels people are trying to give strong indications he doesnt want to go to NE. They mentioned hand size and just his overall arm in that weather.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He was amazing last year.

Like I said, he had a better season than Jarvin Garrison if that was his name. And the combine testing clearly demonstrates that he is an elite prospect.

He had back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons, which is another indicator of success.

Murray had his best season throwing to a guy who does exactly what Rome does, plays bully ball.

His workout at his size ranks in the top three percent since this data has been tracked.
Dude, no one is arguing he’s a scrub. No one is even arguing he’s not an elite prospect. Not a lot of people (on the board or anywhere else) jumping on your odunze is better than MHJ train, but you’re entitled to your position and as inexact a science as the draft is, you could very well be right.

You find guys every year you fall in love with. It’s cool. Everyone does. You just happen to be the most vocal about it. You do you krang!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude, no one is arguing he’s a scrub. No one is even arguing he’s not an elite prospect. Not a lot of people (on the board or anywhere else) jumping on your odunze is better than MHJ train, but you’re entitled to your position and as inexact a science as the draft is, you could very well be right.
LOL didn't say Odunze is better.

I said he had a better season and isn't far off MHJ.
You find guys every year you fall in love with. It’s cool. Everyone does. You just happen to be the most vocal about it. You do you krang!
I fight against the groupthink. There are people here who act like MHJ is a god, while the other receivers are highly inferior. This notion is absolutely demented.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Impressive for a guy of odunze’s size.
I'd point out how impressive Johnny Wilson's time is at his size.

One thing we all have to realize is that most of these guys will be scrubs. It's highly unlikely that even 8 of these guys (receivers) become good NFL starters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard