OT: The 2024 NFL Scouting Combine. 2/29/24-3/3/24

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think of Chop Robinson. As a PSU fan, i got to watch him a lot. I think he disappears at times and others he is a wrecker.
As a PSU fan, I don't want him in the 1st or 2nd rounds. He's a very raw developmental type who may break out or may not, but will take time. We don't need another Ojulari "slow development" type; we need an immediate impact right freaking now edge. That's not Chop, IMO.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Fortunately it's a hammy. Pretty common at the combine.
I would have been really concerned about Mims had it been that ankle again.
sometimes i feel like those huge guys just always have the nagging injuries. Ankle, foot, pulled muscles etc. I'm not a doctor...but I feel like its more common with the size freaks.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
As a PSU fan, I don't want him in the 1st or 2nd rounds. He's a very raw developmental type who may break out or may not, but will take time. We don't need another Ojulari "slow development" type; we need an immediate impact right freaking now edge. That's not Chop, IMO.
His get off the line is the best in the class...at least on film. He explodes off the line, but it didnt lead to many sacks in college, and that will only get worse in the nfl.

Turner and Verse are the cream of the crop pass rushers.

Stout

Reaction score
I said this a few months ago...this draft is SIGNIFICANTLY better than 2023.
You know as well as I do that, though this is widely recognized, there will be a segment of this board that swears up and down that next year's draft will be better if we trade down for a future "haul" lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
give Odunze credit -- he could have followed MHJ and Nabers lead and waited till his pro day

but he rocked the Combine, and probably put himself into WR #2 on some boards
Worked in his favor. Nobody there to steal his shine... Nabers needs to hope everything goes perfect at his pro day. Nothing to fall back on if he wakes up with muscle cramps or the flu that day

Stout

Reaction score
More times than not, not getting that after the first round.

And why not at the developmental statement? We’re not close to a SB contending type of team. This would be the perfect time to take one.
I've always maintained that we're not getting anywhere with a slow as molasses rebuild. If we're shooting to be contenders in 2-3 years, we've failed miserably. The NFL is not a slow build league any longer, in the salary cap era. It's why I was hard on Monti last offseason. We should have been trying to compete this season. Will a developmental edge like that help us next season? I've little confidence Ojulari will do it this season, so I would lean against taking another similar shot.

I can see where you're coming from, though.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've always maintained that we're not getting anywhere with a slow as molasses rebuild. If we're shooting to be contenders in 2-3 years, we've failed miserably. The NFL is not a slow build league any longer, in the salary cap era. It's why I was hard on Monti last offseason. We should have been trying to compete this season. Will a developmental edge like that help us next season? I've little confidence Ojulari will do it this season, so I would lean against taking another similar shot.

I can see where you're coming from, though.
Totally agree with this.
Last offseason, they should have brought in a few more young up and comers that could have learned in the system for a year and been ready to hit the ground running this year.
Instead they chose to take the season off because Kyler was injured to start.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Fortunately it's a hammy. Pretty common at the combine.
I would have been really concerned about Mims had it been that ankle again.
Yeah but a guy who always has something is a concern. Tough class to have these issues. Something little can drop you to round 2 in this class.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Fautano was smooth. Not sure if it is enough to get him ahead of the freaks but he moved really well and looked solid.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd