OT: The 2024 NFL Scouting Combine. 2/29/24-3/3/24

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You know as well as I do that, though this is widely recognized, there will be a segment of this board that swears up and down that next year's draft will be better if we trade down for a future "haul" lol
I'm ok with adding future picks on a slight trade down. Imagine one of the QBs slipping to 4 and having a team like the Falcons flip out and offer a future first as well as other picks.

I'd take that deal.

I would also consider a trade down from #27. If you run mocks as often as I do, you'll usually see a cluster of about seven useful players at that spot, which means that a trade down is a good move.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
2024’s Odunze > MHJ

This years version of krangs’

2023’s Wilson > anderson
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He was amazing last year.

Like I said, he had a better season than Jarvin Garrison if that was his name. And the combine testing clearly demonstrates that he is an elite prospect.

He had back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons, which is another indicator of success.

Murray had his best season throwing to a guy who does exactly what Rome does, plays bully ball.

His workout at his size ranks in the top three percent since this data has been tracked.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm ok with adding future picks on a slight trade down. Imagine one of the QBs slipping to 4 and having a team like the Falcons flip out and offer a future first as well as other picks.

I'd take that deal.

I would also consider a trade down from #27. If you run mocks as often as I do, you'll usually see a cluster of about seven useful players at that spot, which means that a trade down is a good move.
I wouldn't. It would likely take us out of MHJ, Odunze, and Nabers territory, and I'm not for that. Top talent >>> than "a haul" for us right now and we need it at WR. Desperately. I don't want a "depth" WR guy because it's a deep class; I want the top talent.

I could be convinced of a trade down at 27 for sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't. It would likely take us out of MHJ, Odunze, and Nabers territory, and I'm not for that. Top talent >>> than "a haul" for us right now and we need it at WR. Desperately. I don't want a "depth" WR guy because it's a deep class; I want the top talent.

Would it?

Falcons draft at #8. MHJ, Nabers and Odunze would have to go back to back at 5, 6 and 7 with Alt, Fuaga, Dallas Turner, Bowers and a bunch of other very good players on the board. How likely is it they go consecutively before #8?

I wouldn't think very likely.

Titans for sure have OT as their biggest need, 70% of mocks have them taking a tackle. Chargers have to release Mike Williams or Keenan Allen to get under the cap and Quentin Johnson sucked so they very well take MHJ. Giants receivers are bad so Nabers is an option there, over 50% of mocks have Giants taking WR.

I think favourable odds Nabers or Odunze of them is there at #8 unless someone trades into #7 with the Titans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Cooper Beebe has to be in the conversation at #27.

The mocks and big boards were always way too low on him, I assume some form of prospect fatigue after having him as a sure fire round 1 pick for a while.

He had a great combine. He's a very good player. If JPJ and Graham Barton are in the conversation late round 1 then Beebe should be too. All equally good but different players.

Beebe gives you all the position flexibility that Barton does. In fact, despite being 10lbs heavier Beebe smoked Barton in the 40, and had 80th percentile shuttle and 90th percentile broad and three cone.

Barton didn't to the on field testing but hard to see him beating Beebe.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it?

Falcons draft at #8. MHJ, Nabers and Odunze would have to go back to back at 5, 6 and 7 with Alt, Fuaga, Dallas Turner, Bowers and a bunch of other very good players on the board. How likely is it they go consecutively before #8?

I wouldn't think very likely.

Titans for sure have OT as their biggest need, 70% of mocks have them taking a tackle. Chargers have to release Mike Williams or Keenan Allen to get under the cap and Quentin Johnson sucked so they very well take MHJ. Giants receivers are bad so Nabers is an option there, over 50% of mocks have Giants taking WR.

I think favourable odds Nabers or Odunze of them is there at #8 unless someone trades into #7 with the Titans.
You make good points about factoring in the needs of the Chargers, Giants, and Titans and the availability of great players at positions other than WR... But don't forget that the premise of this scenario is that "one of the QBs slips to #4", meaning presumably MHJ was already taken at #3 either by the Patriots or some team trading ahead of the Cardinals for him.

With that in mind, I'd feel a lot better if the Cards traded with the Giants or Titans than with the Falcons.

On the other hand, if the worst case scenario is for the Cards to get a top OT at #8 and a very good WR at #27 (or with a trade up), plus a #1 next year... I suppose that's not such a huge risk.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You make good points about factoring in the needs of the Chargers, Giants, and Titans and the availability of great players at positions other than WR... But don't forget that the premise of this scenario is that "one of the QBs slips to #4", meaning presumably MHJ was already taken at #3 either by the Patriots or some team trading ahead of the Cardinals for him.

With that in mind, I'd feel a lot better if the Cards traded with the Giants or Titans than with the Falcons.

On the other hand, if the worst case scenario is for the Cards to get a top OT at #8 and a very good WR at #27 (or with a trade up), plus a #1 next year... I suppose that's not such a huge risk.

Fair, I think in that case though that the Chargers would take Bowers or a tackle. I think Chargers only take MHJ because he falls to them in that scenario.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
College starts matter though. I'd take him at #27, but I'd acknowledge he isn't the slam dunk you're making him out to be.
I would run to the podium peeing my pants in the process if Mims was available at #27. If he drifts into the low to mid 20s I use draft capital to move up snatching him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Cooper Beebe has to be in the conversation at #27.

The mocks and big boards were always way too low on him, I assume some form of prospect fatigue after having him as a sure fire round 1 pick for a while.

He had a great combine. He's a very good player. If JPJ and Graham Barton are in the conversation late round 1 then Beebe should be too. All equally good but different players.

Beebe gives you all the position flexibility that Barton does. In fact, despite being 10lbs heavier Beebe smoked Barton in the 40, and had 80th percentile shuttle and 90th percentile broad and three cone.

Barton didn't to the on field testing but hard to see him beating Beebe.
I think this is a scenario where you would just wait until 35. Obviously the board will make that ultimate determination, but I feel using 27 on an interior OL might be a misuse of draft resources this year unless the board falls very strangely. CB / EDGE / OT / WR / DT are all greater needs IMO and should have comparable prospects available.

Example is I am not passing on Fautano, Mims, or Latham to grab Beebe, Barton or JPJ.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
this is such a good OT class. Odds are one of them will be there at 27

but if all the OTs are gone by 27, it means a really good defensive player is sitting there.
Probably comes down to how you rank Sweat, Fiske, Mitchell, and DRobinson vs Beebe, Barton, JPJ and Frazier.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Free agency changes everything though.

Imagine Monti seeing the overall depth of the WR class and after signing Mike Evans, thinking we can get a receiver at #27 or #35, but we really need an impact defender even more and we can get that guy on a trade down.

Not saying I agree with that thinking, but it's not a crazy idea.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He was amazing last year.

Like I said, he had a better season than Jarvin Garrison if that was his name. And the combine testing clearly demonstrates that he is an elite prospect.

He had back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons, which is another indicator of success.

Murray had his best season throwing to a guy who does exactly what Rome does, plays bully ball.

His workout at his size ranks in the top three percent since this data has been tracked.
If Marv aint there all in Odunze he looks like Nuk with no diva qualities

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Example is I am not passing on Fautano, Mims, or Latham to grab Beebe, Barton or JPJ.

100%, but there's a not unrealistic chance that all those guys are gone and the options are a 170lb Wiggins (who's tape I like but is vastly undersized), AD Mitchell, T'Vondre Sweat and the interior linemen you mention.

Beebe would be better at #36 for sure but my point was more that he should be in the conversation with JPJ and Barton. The mocks that have him going 50+ don't seem realistic to me.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'd want more than a #1 next year, which is a given. I'd be prepared to include our RD #4 pick to get the Falcons 2nd rounder.

2024: RD-1: 2 picks - RD-2: 2 picks - RD-3: 3 picks

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
100%, but there's a not unrealistic chance that all those guys are gone and the options are a 170lb Wiggins (who's tape I like but is vastly undersized), AD Mitchell, T'Vondre Sweat and the interior linemen you mention.

Beebe would be better at #36 for sure but my point was more that he should be in the conversation with JPJ and Barton. The mocks that have him going 50+ don't seem realistic to me.
I agree with this. I don't see a large gap between JPJ, Barton. Beebe and Frazier.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard