OT: Richard Sherman, Players Tribune

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep - I really like the guy and the one thing I envy is how Carroll has his team amped up and finishing strong every year.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His trash talking annoys me too much. Also because he plays for Seattle.

Why was he drafted 5th? Just slow or not enough exposure?

We drafted another CB that year and I'm happy with that selection.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I hate he plays for Seattle. But I love the guys passion and competitive nature. He is a beast. He brings to Seattle what Honey Badger brings to the Cards.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His trash talking annoys me too much. Also because he plays for Seattle.

Why was he drafted 5th? Just slow or not enough exposure?

We drafted another CB that year and I'm happy with that selection.

He was a WR at Stanford that was moved to CB late in hsi college career. He was also believe it or not considered to be "too cerebral" by some scouts. It's funny now people think of him as this trash talking guy from Compton but he is an EXTREMELY smart guy and there's a certain element in the NFL that thinks other than certain positions(QB) really smart guys usually aren't "tough" enough to survive in the NFL.

I brought up Sherman prior to the draft that year as a kid I thought might turn out to be a decent NFL player. but then I bring up lots of Stanford and Cal and SJSU players every year because they're all local to me. I wanted us to draft Aaron Rodgers, doesnt' mean I knew how good he'd be, I certainly had no idea how good Sherman was going to be.

USC recruited him out of HS so my guess is Carroll felt he had some insight and he was right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard