OT: Raja dealt to Warriors for Jackson

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4659552

The Golden State Warriors have banished disgruntled forward Stephen Jackson to Charlotte.

In a deal that NBA front-office sources said came together quickly Sunday night and received the needed league approval Monday morning, Golden State sent Jackson and guard Acie Law to the Bobcats in exchange for veteran swingmen Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bobcats got the better of that deal. Stephen Jackson might have some issues but the guy is well worth the price of Radman and Bell.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
Does Raja even fit into GSW's plan? Wonder if there is another move coming.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nellie always leaves in team in disarray. . . every time.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nellie has a plan?

Does Raja get cut, get surgery on his wrist, then return to the Suns at midseason?
Another NBA coach who gets a ton of credit for never winning anything important at any level and who never wavers from his style & philosophy.

Tough to see Bell get bounced around late in his career, it happens though. Nice upgrade for Charlotte.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well at least the housecats get jax for a good year, after that it will probably all go to ***** knowing sjax and all.

Good one year rental I guess.

Honestly though they should have given up Diaw and kept Bell, but Larry Brown can be a big stupid jellyhead at times as I am sure we all know.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Honestly though they should have given up Diaw and kept Bell, but Larry Brown can be a big stupid jellyhead at times as I am sure we all know.

I doubt the Warriors would have agreed to take on Diaw, no matter how desperate they were to get rid of Jackson.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Bobcats keep trading for mediocre players on large contracts, I don't get the direction of this team.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
Honestly though they should have given up Diaw and kept Bell, but Larry Brown can be a big stupid jellyhead at times as I am sure we all know

I doubt the Warriors would have agreed to take on Diaw, no matter how desperate they were to get rid of Jackson.

Why would the Bobcats would give up Diaw (they refused by the way), who's like their second best player, when they only have to send Raja who's pretty much falling apart and Radmanovic? I don't get it...

The Bobcats keep trading for mediocre players on large contracts, I don't get the direction of this team.

Huh? Jackson averaged over 20/5/5 last season and he can play defense. He may be a headcase but he's way above "mediocre". And his contract is probably too long but he's not that expensive, especially since the Bobcats got rid of Radmanovic in the deal. It even saves them money this season.

Since their offense was putrid,they desperately needed a third guy able to create his own shoot. They are now in contention for a playoff spot and may very well grab one for the first time of their history.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Its an easy way to finally get into the playoffs. It doesn't require you to be smart or draft/develop young players. Just get enough mediocre players and you'll get the 8th spot.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
Its an easy way to finally get into the playoffs. It doesn't require you to be smart or draft/develop young players. Just get enough mediocre players and you'll get the 8th spot.

maybe it will work on the East,
not on the West.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard