OT-Madden 09 Ratings

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i saw that the madden player and team rankings are up, but it wouldn't let me see everything because my computer stinks...
the only things i got were

Cardinals team overall- 78
and Leinart is an 85 while Warner is an 86. could someone post up all the ones?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm assuming these aren't done.
At least I hope not. Otherwise they're missing Kenny Iwa.
That'd make me angry.

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i wanna see hightowers rankings and thanks superspck for finding those.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm assuming these aren't done.
At least I hope not. Otherwise they're missing Kenny Iwa.
That'd make me angry.

You'll get it in a roster update, but I think it's unusual for them to put on the 5th DE on the roster. I think it's only 60% that Iwebema even makes the 53 man roster.

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
no, they probably have iwebama done, but that is the depth chart, not the roster. cause they have brandon keith on there.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Those are the preliminary ratings, they've changed for sure.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Last I heard EA Sports is getting sued........they deserve it. Definately won't be buying Madden this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned on 08 last night and got reminded of how garbage madden is nowadays. Any cardinal player who trys to play the game has to be furious.

The defense is a mess. Karlos is listed as ROLB, berry and okeafor as ends, dockett as a DT. When you change it to the 3-4 offense it does not give you t he option of berry or okeafor at OLB even though pace is there. The interface, play calling and rosters are HORRIBLY flawed, the game is OK nothing more. I saw some screen of 09, looks amazing. Ever see a ****** and thought it was a woman at first? thats what Madden feels like.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ps: why change the kicking? the down up is easier than mashing A was in the past. Complete garbage.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He will make the team and will most likely (IMO) be better than Campbell.

The Kool Ade runs strong in mid-June. I guess that's why Campbell was a second round pick (and carried a first-round grade with a number of scouts), while Iwebema was a massive disappointment his senior season as well as a 4th round pick.

I think Iwebema will develop to be very similar to Antonio Smith. I guess it depends on how you feel about Antonio Smith whether that's a good or a bad thing. I think Campbell could average 8 to 10 sacks per season once he has a defined role and gets some NFL-quality weight training.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Iwebema will develop to be very similar to Antonio Smith. I guess it depends on how you feel about Antonio Smith whether that's a good or a bad thing.

Smith has developed into a starter. It took a while because the staff that drafted him couldn't coach Pop.
Were you expecting something different? All-Pro? Isn't a 4th rounder supposed to just be a solid contributer? If Iwebema turns into Smith I'd be happy.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Smith has developed into a starter. It took a while because the staff that drafted him couldn't coach Pop.
Were you expecting something different? All-Pro? Isn't a 4th rounder supposed to just be a solid contributer? If Iwebema turns into Smith I'd be happy.

I would, too. But Smith is just a solid contributor, and one of those guys who I expect to leave for a big contract come free agency. It also took a year on the practice squad/inactive list for him to become that. I like Smith, but he's not a core player, and benefits from the attention thrown to other players (in this way, he is similar to Travis Laboy, who was maybe the 5th or 6th best player on his defense in Tennessee).

I'm fine if Iwebema develops into a starter after four seasons. But I'd be massively disappointed if that's how he develops and he ends up being better than Calais Campbell.

I was more surprised that LAIC thought that he'd be better than Calais Campbell. Either he expects Iwebema to be significantly better than Antonio Smith, or he expects Calais Cambell to be a significant bust.

AZHEAD

Reaction score
Playing Madden on a Next-Gen system is like going back and playing Game Day '98 on the original Playstation.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
Hmmm, Madden ratings are about as valid as a painting on a cave wall. It's obsolete. Boo to Madden and their monopolistic NFL game. Always liked Sega Sports version better. NFL better reneg on the contract soon. Madden has no need to update when they are the only competition in town.

Madden NFL is about as original and up to date as the namesake.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm fine if Iwebema develops into a starter after four seasons. But I'd be massively disappointed if that's how he develops and he ends up being better than Calais Campbell.

It'd be nice if they both developed and stayed Cardinals. Campbell's a physical phenom, so I'm hoping for some pretty great play to make him one of those rare supreme players. His draft status should provide a pretty good starting chip.

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i like madden, but i too would like a choice. i hope NFL drops the contract.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score