OT: Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs to be charged with DUI resulting in death

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You know you can choose off the grid if it bothers you so much. Find a remote location with few municipal codes. Don’t use a smart phone or computer. Buy a used car from the 70s or 80s and learn how to keep it up yourself. Don’t use streaming or cable subscription services. Keep away from urban areas. It’s possible to live like it’s the 80s, it’s just not as comfortable, enjoyable or safe.
Stay off the 80's. The 80's were awesome:).

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

Cops Say Raiders’ Henry Ruggs Screamed at Them After Deadly Drunken Crash​

Heartbreaking accounts from the Good Samaritans that tried to save Tina's life.

Also kind of shocking (to me) that the bail was set at $150k when prosecutors wanted $1 million.

$1 million sounds excessive. Some chic shot a dude in the head with a 9mm at a traffic light a couple weeks ago (road rage incident) and hers was set at $500k. Just thinking the prosecution is playing into the flair and his economical status (seems par for the course these days), and the judge is keeping things in check. He probably isn’t getting a break on the bail, but rather that’s the amount that fits the charges.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$1 million sounds excessive. Some chic shot a dude in the head with a 9mm at a traffic light a couple weeks ago (road rage incident) and hers was set at $500k. Just thinking the prosecution is playing into the flair and his economical status (seems par for the course these days), and the judge is keeping things in check. He probably isn’t getting a break on the bail, but rather that’s the amount that fits the charges.
150K is chump change to him. Bail should be tied to economic level so it is the same burden for everyone

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll never understand this kind of thing. It's just stupid. "Playing for my brother" because he can't. Oh, and why can't he? Because he carelessly killed someone.

DeVonta Smith Said He Played Sunday’s Game For His ‘Brother’ Henry Ruggs After Deadly DUI Accident

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wtf? Hadn’t even heard about this one. Raiders are a complete mess.
The one thing Mayock has going for him is that Gruden was totally in charge of that roster. Mayock was just there to help evaluate the talent and give input. Everything was on Gruden's shoulders. Mayock is not in charge of taking out the trash.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is so about time for this. Hopefully it is completely bipartisan too

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see this that the federal level anytime soon, but I can see states mandating this. The only issue I see with the federal government is grandfatheing older cars because having to install someone for someone who lives in poverty could be looked at as a burden to those who live in rural areas without the means to pay for it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see this that the federal level anytime soon, but I can see states mandating this. The only issue I see with the federal government is grandfatheing older cars because having to install someone for someone who lives in poverty could be looked at as a burden to those who live in rural areas without the means to pay for it.
I don’t think cars that will be made prior to the date will ever be required to be retrofitted

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rental car last week was a 2022 Hyundai Sonata. It literally wouldn't drive without the seatbelt on.

If you swerved at all it would ask if you are tired and need a coffee break.

If you had something in the back seat it would ask you to make sure there was no kids in the back before you got out.

All of this tech exists and is already being utilized.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unbelievable now trying to lay blame on the fire department for the young lady’s death. Not him and his actions?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unbelievable now trying to lay blame on the fire department not him and his actions
What a scum

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson