OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie. It’s a little sad that he doesn’t have his dad‘s last name.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie. It’s a little sad that he doesn’t have his dad‘s last name.
Why? Do we really know the reason? Larry has been super private, with the exception of his off season travels, his entire career. I have no idea what type of relationship they have had or what type of dad he’s been…or what relationship he’s had with the mom. Is she the one he had legal issues with early in his career? The scandal that’s been swept under the rug for years.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
that Brophy highschool football team has a few ex-Cardinal and ex-NFL player sons

Kyle Vandenbosch has twins -- one is likely the QB next year, the other a LB iirc -- and both are being recruited by Div 1 programs

Darren Sharper's son is a highly recruited WR for the team as well

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that Brophy high school football team has a few ex-Cardinal and ex-NFL player sons

Kyle Vandenbosch has twins -- one is likely the QB next year, the other a LB iirc -- and both are being recruited by Div 1 programs

Darren Sharper's son is a highly recruited WR for the team as well
James Pike, the team’s safety and punter, is Nicole Bidwill's son.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the kid’s name is Devin Fitzgerald. What am I missing?
All of the reports talk of him as Devin Fitzgerald. He is listed on the roster that way, too.

I think the confusion is that Brophy Prep uniforms all say AMOG instead of the player's individual last names. Just guessing, since it is a religious school, that it means "A Man Of God," or something like that.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All of the reports talk of him as Devin Fitzgerald. He is listed on the roster that way, too.

I think the confusion is that Brophy Prep uniforms all say AMOG instead of the player's individual last names. Just guessing, since it is a religious school, that it means "A Man Of God," or something like that.
AMDG - ad maiorem dei gloriam - for the greater glory of god

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
no problem. I'm a washed up 2012 grad that played middle backer. Nowadays my football exposure is losing money on Cards win total every year :violin:
was that the Bruggman / Devon Allen / Trent Murphy era?