OT Derrick Henry is no human

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really no earth shattering news everybody knew he’s an impressive imposing figure and Uber talented.

However a guy that size posting the fastest speed in the entire NFL to date this season at 21.8 MPH. This guy is 6’3” 250 lbs and outracing DBs like they are standing still.

Still can’t believe we shut him down considering what he has done since which is destroy every D he plays against.

Was he worth his extension? Since a large % of posters here have said this year never to extend a RB moving forward.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really no earth shattering news everybody knew he’s an impressive imposing figure and Uber talented.

However a guy that size posting the fastest speed in the entire NFL to date this season at 21.8 MPH. This guy is 6’3” 250 lbs and outracing DBs like they are standing still.

Still can’t believe we shut him down considering what he has done since which is destroy every D he plays against.

Was he worth his extension? Since a large % of posters here have said this year never to extend a RB moving forward.

Well, that first game says that we can stop the run if that's the game plan.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What’s great is he appears to be one of the absolute hardest working players in all of pro sports. I hope you guys were able to catch that little 20 seconds or so video montage of his workouts. That guy deserves every ounce of success he gets because he puts an equal amount or more effort into his preparation and fitness.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s great is he appears to be one of the absolute hardest working players in all of pro sports. I hope you guys were able to catch that little 20 seconds or so video montage of his workouts. That guy deserves every ounce of success he gets because he puts an equal amount or more effort into his preparation and fitness.
I didn’t see it where was it during the game?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have to blitz the gaps against a beast like him. Unfortunately, that leaves you so vulnerable for play action passing. The only real way is to jump out to an early 3 touchdown lead & force TN to throw the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the closest thing to Bo Jackson or pre knee injury Marcus Dupree we've seen. But obviously a much harder worker than Dupree was

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He's the closest thing to Bo Jackson or pre knee injury Marcus Dupree we've seen. But obviously a much harder worker than Dupree was

If you mean running style I’d agree but AD had a better 6 year start to his career if we’re talking traditional backs. Guys like Faulk and LT were more dangerous…. That said Henry is incredible and he’s been just as productive in the playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you mean running style I’d agree but AD had a better 6 year start to his career if we’re talking traditional backs. Guys like Faulk and LT were more dangerous…. That said Henry is incredible and he’s been just as productive in the playoffs.

I mean combination size and speed. Peterson was 10 pounds lighter than any of those guys 30 pounds lighter than Henry. I think peterson was BETTER than all of them, including Henry.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The best RB since Barry & Bo. LT & AP, are behind him IMO.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He doesn’t touch peak LT and that’s nothing against Henry.
I respectfully disagree. Size, Speed, Power....... The total heights of insanity.

LT was special..... We are talking about the rarest of HOF'ers for sure. But Henry is just so insanely gifted, and motivated. And at his size, he is faster than LT, Bigger than LT, and showing the ability to handle it over 3+ years now at his level of touches. Total insanity.

But everyone has their take on this one. I get it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was just last month that we had no chance against the Titans because he would single handedly destroy everyone on our defense. Didn't happen.

He's an elite athlete, but he is human.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Size, Speed, Power....... The total heights of insanity.

LT was special..... We are talking about the rarest of HOF'ers for sure. But Henry is just so insanely gifted, and motivated. And at his size, he is faster than LT, Bigger than LT, and showing the ability to handle it over 3+ years now at his level of touches. Total insanity.

But everyone has their take on this one. I get it.

Henry is currently in his 6th year and has 7,473 yards from scrimmage and 68 TD’s. Through 6 seasons LT had 1,200 yards from scrimmage and 110 TD’s. He’s also been more durable than Henry through 6 seasons despite a heavier workload.

That’s not including 7 TD’s passes. In his prime he was on a level all by himself.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Henry is currently in his 6th year and has 7,473 yards from scrimmage and 68 TD’s. Through 6 seasons LT had 1,200 yards from scrimmage and 110 TD’s. He’s also been more durable than Henry through 6 seasons despite a heavier workload.

That’s not including 7 TD’s passes. In his prime he was on a level all by himself.

110 TDs off 1200 yards is certainly the most efficient running in football history. ;)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson