OT: David Shaw

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
head coach of Stanford. Dude knocked it out of the park as an analyst on NFL Network today. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win a couple of Super Bowls in the next decade or so.

With so many bozo football analysts on the airways these days, always a breath of fresh air to listen to someone who actually knows what they are talking about with the ability to communicate their thoughts with a bit of eloquence.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
head coach of Stanford. Dude knocked it out of the park as an analyst on NFL Network today. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win a couple of Super Bowls in the next decade or so.

With so many bozo football analysts on the airways these days, always a breath of fresh air to listen to someone who actually knows what hey are talking about.

Yeah, I thought he was by far the best of the visiting coaches on either network. I wonder who Stanford will replace him with as it's clear the NFL will call on him soon and often until he takes the leap.

Steve

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was great. It was refreshing to hear someone on the NFL network talk about someone other than Manti

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have liked Shaw ever since he took over at Stanford. I think he would have been a good coach for the Cards this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Chopper was promoting him as a possible replacement for Whis this winter. Definitely an impressive guy.

Whether Shaw comes up is dependent in some ways on how Greg Schiano and Chip Kelly work out. If these college guys wash out and slosh back into the college game, it'll be harder for teams to take a risk on more college coaches.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Not as good as Harbaugh but defintely a coaching stud.

I dont think hes a surefire NFL guy though. He rebuffed all opportunities this past year and coaches his alma mater, his "dream job".

Maybe time changes that. I just dont think he is surefire to leave for the NFL like I knew Harbaugh to be.