OT Clavin Pace Suspended

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only rushed 5 twice. Sadly on the second blitz where they brought Dansby Pitt hit the big pass to Holmes.

Never brought 6. Maybe 4 is 6 in Canadian Rushers.

We don't require remedial math or English north of the border.

But, if we have any interest in imaginative conspiracy theories, we know where to turn. (lol)

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's not that our rush failed to get to the QB, but that he somehow managed to wriggle out of it. Their OL played horrific pass protection, but Big Ben managed to escape juuuust often enough to win the game. Big Ben's escapability and a really stupid defensive play call by Pendy (DRC on the back and Francisco on Holmes...really?) is what lost us the game.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Why the hell Francisco was even on that series??? I have more trust on Ralph Brown playing nickel and keeping Rolle to FS than moving Rolle to nickle and putting in Francisco.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Thanks for the invitation to drop in. There are no (6) ... my mistake, and there are no (3) your mistake:

Play 1 – 4 in rush
Play 2 – 4 in rush
Play 3 – 4 in rush
Play 4 – 5 in rush
Play 5 – 4 in rush
Play 6 – 4 in rush
Play 7 – 5 in rush
Play 8 – 4 in rush
Play 8 – 4 in rush

Bottom line... there is no 3 man prevent D in the final series.
BTW, 4 is considered prevent when we drop everyone else back into coverage...

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW, 4 is considered prevent when we drop everyone else back into coverage...

I think it has been well established on this board, that when discussing the "Pendy Prevent", we are talking about a 3 man rush.

Reaction score
Bottom line, it made no difference whether the Cards rushed 4 or 5, Rothlisberger made the plays; his escapability and ability to stay alive in the pocket is well known, and part of what makes him so dangerous as a QB. Hence, the initial argument, a defensive lineman better at getting to the QB could have made the difference. Whether Clavin ;) would have made the difference, :shrug:

And, Rashad Johnson will put Francisco on the bench or off the team altogether!

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bottom line, it made no difference whether the Cards rushed 4 or 5, Rothlisberger made the plays; his escapability and ability to stay alive in the pocket is well known, and part of what makes him so dangerous as a QB. Hence, the initial argument, a defensive lineman better at getting to the QB could have made the difference. Whether Clavin ;) would have made the difference, :shrug:

And, Rashad Johnson will put Francisco on the bench or off the team altogether!

Francisco’s direct competition for a roster spot as a backup SS is Keith Lewis. Lewis is supposed to be quite good on ST's; comes at half the price - and played for Coach Lewis, previously.

Rashad is projected as Rolle's backup at FS.

Ware, who has played both Safety positions and Corner, is also fighting for his Cardinal life.

In the end, for one or more, it will come down to the ratio of CB's and Safeties they set at end of camp.

As to Rashad's role in year one:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3052

Reaction score
Francisco’s direct competition for a roster spot as a backup SS is Keith Lewis. Lewis is supposed to be quite good on ST's; comes at half the price - and played for Coach Lewis, previously.

Rashad is projected as Rolle's backup at FS.
Ok, but last season when they played three safeties it was Wilson, Rolle and Francisco, most of the time. My point is that this season I totally expect Johnson to take Francisco's spot in this alignment. Perhaps not initially, i.e. - first game, but before long it will happen.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok, but last season when they played three safeties it was Wilson, Rolle and Francisco, most of the time. My point is that this season I totally expect Johnson to take Francisco's spot in this alignment. Perhaps not initially, i.e. - first game, but before long it will happen.

Would be nice...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I think it has been well established on this board, that when discussing the "Pendy Prevent", we are talking about a 3 man rush.
I'm not sure when this was established... 3 men rush was the ultimate Pendy thing but prevent is prevent whether 3 or 4.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not sure when this was established... 3 men rush was the ultimate Pendy thing but prevent is prevent whether 3 or 4.

Well, I've never heard of a 4 man rush described as a prevent "D". Am I to understand that the NY Giants, who rush 4 as their base "D", are in fact running a prevent "D" a majority of snaps?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Dude... prevent does not mean you cannot rush more than 3... prevent means playing soft zone with all DB's playing 10-20 yards away from the line with each DB responsible for an area of the field instead of jamming the receivers. Teams go into prevent D when they are leading by quite a bit and letting the offense gain short yards does not hurt and helps kill the clock. The linemen still rush the passer whether 3 or 4 or even 5.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude... prevent does not mean you cannot rush more than 3... prevent means playing soft zone with all DB's playing 10-20 yards away from the line with each DB responsible for an area of the field instead of jamming the receivers. Teams go into prevent D when they are leading by quite a bit and letting the offense gain short yards does not hurt and helps kill the clock. The linemen still rush the passer whether 3 or 4 or even 5.

Well, the topic was the last Pitt drive in the SB, and our corners did not play 10 to 20 yards off, and we didn't rush less than 4.

I accept that "prevent" can have a wider definition than a 3 man rush, but the complaints on this board, and the reference to the "Pendy Prevent" referred to his propensity to rush 3.

This simply was not the case on that drive.

PS: I'm nobodies "dude" ;)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I think it is useless to further waste my time on this since you refuse to see the "facts"... dude! ;)

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wow , did this take quite the turn from the original Clavin topic :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard