OT: Cam Newton Released

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
My guess is he announces he’s gay so he can lay the groundwork to get money from the league ala Kap by saying it’s discrimination that’s keeping him from being a starter.
If Cam was available this offseason, he'd have have been picked up. I suspect he will be picked up at some point soon, as I imagine he is at the top of the line for FA QBs. I don't like the guy either, but its a bit of a stretch to claim this... His ego is hurt and his armor has been chinged- it should be no surprise he isnt handling his release with grace.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Cam was available this offseason, he'd have have been picked up. I suspect he will be picked up at some point soon, as I imagine he is at the top of the line for FA QBs. I don't like the guy either, but its a bit of a stretch to claim this... His ego is hurt and his armor has been chinged- it should be no surprise he isnt handling his release with grace.

Given his situation and the current NFL rules, it may be difficult for him to get another chance this year barring a major injury. If he rectifies his situation, I would see him get a chance in Indy when Wentz lands on IR.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
cam is a good enough guy and a great football player. He is not their future, I’ll be surprised if he is done, I think he can better then many starters in the right system, emotions. Media and personality to the side. May make Minnesota, Denver, many teams better immediately as starter or back up. L-ok at 3rd string about on the roster, I mean give me a break,

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This idea that Kyler is inaccurate is one of the one of the great board myths.

He finished with a 67.2% completion percentage, which would be the highest of any starting Cardinals QB ever including Warner and Palmer.

That is a top 80 completion percentage of all time and he did it at 23. The only other person on that list and at that age is Dak Prescott. Josh Allen hit 69% at 24.

In the study I did back on Rosen's potential, Murray is a bit ahead on his completion percentage growth from 64.4 to 67.2 (Thanks DHop) but he should see another 1% to 1.5% growth again just based on historical QB performance.

I full expect a 69% completion season from Kyler in the next two years.
The kid can pass. Would however like to see him get more accurate with intermediate passes... and throwing on the run... but more than both I would love to see him only use his legs to get free to pass the ball.... running quarterbacks are exciting and great stat generators but have notoriously short careers... and I want to see Kyler winning football games for the next fifteen years at least

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Cam is gregarious.... but so is menshew.... I would take either as kylers backup over McCoy or streveler

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cam handled his release very well from both Panthers and Patriots. I am not the biggest fan of Cam but respect where due.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose