OT: Cam Newton Released

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Pats brought him back in the first place.

No one was worse on passes of 20+ yards last year.

His 8 passing TDs in 15 starts was the fewest in as many starts in nearly 2 decades.

Cam doesn't just suck, he historically sucks.

He's done.

He did have 12 rushing TDs. 20 TDs against 16 INTs/FUM is just bad.

Trubisky had 18 TDs against 14 FUM.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

but that's misleading because vaccinated players have far less restrictions in the NFL rules if they are exposed to a positive person.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but that's misleading because vaccinated players have far less restrictions in the NFL rules if they are exposed to a positive person.

He has to say no. It's an NFLPA rule. Look what happened with Urban Meyer yesterday when he said yes.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That's true. Vax and you're only tested 1 time per week. UnVax and you're tested every single day, including game day. A coaches worst nightmare is being told his unvaxed starting QB can't play today, because he tested positive an hour before gametime, or had close proximity to someone that tested positive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's true. Vax and you're only tested 1 time per week. UnVax and you're tested every single day, including game day. A coaches worst nightmare is being told his unvaxed starting QB can't play today, because he tested positive an hour before gametime, or had close proximity to someone that tested positive.

And then depending on other factors all the QBs might be unable to play due to close contact as happened to Denver last year.

It's less likely this year the rules are different. But there's a distinct disadvantage to having a QB who's not vaccinated.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
And then depending on other factors all the QBs might be unable to play due to close contact as happened to Denver last year.

It's less likely this year the rules are different. But there's a distinct disadvantage to having a QB who's not vaccinated.
Unvaxed and close contact = 5 days missed. Vaxed and close contact = business as usual

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unvaxed and close contact = 5 days missed. Vaxed and close contact = business as usual
There have been players this off season that they have clearly said are vaxed and were out on Covid list and out of practice after close contact?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
There have been players this off season that they have clearly said are vaxed and were out on Covid list and out of practice after close contact?
I'm just telling like I've heard it. Vaxed doesn't get the 5 days, for just close contact...only if they test positive.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Yep. After they played BB’s audio this morning, ESPN radio said NFL data showed vaccinated players positivity rate was—I believe— 0.2% compared to to 2.3% for unvaccinated players.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not this biggest fan of Cam, particularly since he went full vegan and his performance started to go downhill, however, I respect his autonomy that he did not want to take an unproven and untested vaccine. As a medical professional, I was taught autonomy and patient bill of rights, none of that which is being displayed or respected in the current medical modality.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score

That may be, but many players (going by their twitter statements) did not realize that you receive full vax status only two weeks after the second shot. At the start of training camps 5 weeks ago lots of players did not even had one shot.

Obviously, lots of players received their first shot right before the start of training camp, meaning that they will only have their fully vaxed status in another week or so.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rob Ninkovich: Mac Jones was helping Cam Newton learn the playbook

So how did Mac Jones beat out Cam Newton? A former Patriots mainstay claims that Mac Jones showed a much greater mastery of the offense.

Linebacker Rob Ninkovich recently claimed that the rookie knew the offense so well that he was helping Newton learn the playbook.

Jones was having fewer “mental errors,” per Ninkovich, along with a better understanding of the offense. Ninkovich also pointed out that Newton did not run the no-huddle offense or two-minute drill during the preseason.

Fewer than two weeks ago, however, Newton was the starter — according to coach Bill Belichick. Jones took charge after Newton missed five days due to a COVID “misunderstanding.” Maybe Jones would have supplanted Newton sooner or later. Newton’s absence surely helped it happen sooner.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
*Political COVID statements have been removed*
In all fairness, I didn't make a political statement. I was just trying to be a Johnny-on-the-spot by saying "take that ish to P&R!!!" I should get promoted to Supporting Member for my good behavior:shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard