OT: Cam Newton comments

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were debating this on ESPN this am but I couldn’t hear it being at the gym. I only got the gist from the headline at the bottom.

He apparently stated that Purdy, Tua, Goff and Prescott are merely game managers only not game changers and nothing more….

They were debating if his comments were out of line?

Thoughts?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were debating this on ESPN this am but I couldn’t hear it being at the gym. I only got the gist from the headline at the bottom.

He apparently stated that Purdy, Tua, Goff and Prescott are merely game managers only not game changers and nothing more….

Thoughts?
Tura/Goff game managers? They sling the ball all over the field...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the definition of a Game Manager QB?

Is it basically a QB who puts up decent numbers but doesn't turn the ball over? Someone who you don't need to win the game for you?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is the definition of a Game Manager QB?

Is it basically a QB who puts up decent numbers but doesn't turn the ball over? Someone who you don't need to win the game for you?
He's likely projecting 'his' definition.
Somebody who doesn't take over the game rushing the ball.
But diving on a ball in the playoffs isn't required.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I can't stand Cam Newton but I have been saying the same thing about Purdy from the get go. I think he is just a product of the talented team around him and the system. Purdy is the definition of a game manager. I have a few 9er's buddies who already think he is the next Joe Montana, ready to put his jersey up in their shadow boxes. lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Purdy is just so fortunate to have insane weapons on both sides of the ball. McCaffrey is an absolute monster in every phase of the game. He is ELITE as a runner, pass catcher, and in protection. When he goes wide as a WR, he‘s as dangerous as any elite WR in the NFL. Without McCaffrey, that offense is still very good, but it’s not great.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Earl morral was a game manager, sit down as a starter as Johnny Unitis came off the bench in the greatest game ever played. Fast forward he was the old veteran back up that won some of the toughest games the Dolphins had during their perfect season. I remember that, cause I was a tiny tot Cleveland brown fan, still hurts worse then the the fumble or the drive.

Running backs Are still the engine of Any good offense, I hear all the blah blah blah, new age, new rules, pass rules blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah. Intemperate bob Griese, but any team would have traded himfor Leroy Kelly, mercury morris, Larry csonka.

jim Brown said it best, running backs make the oline famous, it’s not the other way around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard