OT: Bucs Hire Bruce Arians

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be really surprised if Bowles came here and the Cards actually have interest in him. The Kingsbury hire is likely the final flushing of anything from the BA era.

agreed.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hes not coming here. lol

Probably not, but remember before he became the Jets HC, Bidwill upped his salary and extended him at what would have been incredibly lucrative for a defensive coordinator. Money talks and also buys loyalty. Bidwill didn't have to do that. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not, but remember before he became the Jets HC, Bidwill upped his salary and extended him at what would have been incredibly lucrative for a defensive coordinator. Money talks and also buys loyalty. Bidwill didn't have to do that. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

Yea did you watch the Football Life about Bruce? Where those two said they are like Father and Son. If he goes anywhere its Tampa. Bowles said he owes everything to BA. I have little doubt he would take less to go with BA plus no tax in FL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey BA I hope your biscuits burn in hell... haha

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Bruce Arians getting the band back together, Bowles to be Bucs’ defensive coordinator

Bruce Arians’ coaching staff in Tampa Bay will look a lot like his coaching staff in Arizona.

Arians has already assembled the key members of his staff, Albert Breer reports, and one of those will be Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator. Bowles, who was fired as head coach of the Jets after the 2018 season, previously served as the defensive coordinator in Arizona under Arians.

Other assistants joining Arians will include Harold Goodwin as run-game coordinator and Byron Leftwich as pass-game coordinator. They too coached under Arians in Arizona.

One of the advantages to moving quickly to hire a new head coach is that the new head coach can get his favored assistants before other teams snatch them up. The Buccaneers are now comfortable that they have a good staff in place.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea did you watch the Football Life about Bruce? Where those two said they are like Father and Son. If he goes anywhere its Tampa. Bowles said he owes everything to BA. I have little doubt he would take less to go with BA plus no tax in FL.
I didn't, but it looks like you nailed it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could look at him on the sideline his last year here and not see a health issue going on. He did not look normal. There was likely more to it but there is no denying he was not healthy. A year away probably did him good and probably made him realize how much coaching meant to him.

No ill will from me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think arians departure probably came down to fire Amos Jones or else and his loyalty got the best of him and they all agreed on a mutual parting of the ways. probably why we didn't fight tooth and nail for compensation.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bidwill's soul answering the same question - "physical me is lying to you. You know that and I know that you know that. In reality we want to go young at head coach and have no intentions of hiring Bruce"

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Another reason to be pissed at Arians:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think arians departure probably came down to fire Amos Jones or else and his loyalty got the best of him and they all agreed on a mutual parting of the ways. probably why we didn't fight tooth and nail for compensation.
The interesting thing is that they didn't need to fire Amos Jones - his contract was up after 2017. All they had to do was not renew him. Of course, semantic difference may have made no difference to Arians - he could've insisted that the team extend Jones and the Cardinals coudld've refused - but it's not as though the Cards were going to give Arians a proverbial slap in the face by firing his guy of forcing him to do so.

I was astounded that Cleveland hired the guy, and completely unsurprised that they ended up with the league's worst special teams. Will Arians REALLY hire him again in Tampa Bay??? Should be interesting to see! If so, it will lend credence to your theory (and i'll be less sorry that Arians is gone). If not, it may indicate that Arians wasn't so attached to Jones that he'd quit his job over it.

...dave

EDIT: Just saw the post above, reporting that Arians hired Keith Armstrong as ST Coordinator. Sigh.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BA hires Keith Armstrong as Special Teams coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr