OT: All my teams are undefeated

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay out of the discussion, you're a Laker fan!!!

lololol
I take plenty of grief for that even though I am from the Valley (the San Fernando Valley). Born in Van Nuys, grew up in Reseda. Have only ever lived in the two areas that all of my sports teams are from. Just curious when people have sports teams spread across the country as to how they became a fan.

A former co-worker was a Cubs, Celtics, Penguins, 49ers fan. :eek: He was from South Dakota and admittedly just latched on to teams in different cities and stuck with them.

mncardfan1

Reaction score
12-1
Cardinals and MN Wild

Had to move on from the Blues about 5 years ago so my kid would have, at least, one local team to support. Not an NBA fan.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious when people have sports teams spread across the country as to how they became a fan.

I became a Cardinal fan back in the '60s in high school because every one was a Crowboy fan, I fell in love with the white on white uni's and the bird on the helmet. Been in pain ever since... lol

I became an AV's fan as a bandwagoner from their days of Roy, Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk. Loved that team. I do go to Coyote games and was there the time they beat that Av's team. btw, the 'yotes stink, not sure I'll go this year when I'm over there.

Was a SF Giant baseball fan because my dad worked for them when they built their training camp in Casa Grande way back when I was in grade school. I can honestly say I watched virtually every pitch of the series when the Dbacks beat the Yankees.

Always root for Boise State football because I lived in Boise when I was a kid and the Lobos are unwatchable. Gonzaga basketball because of being in Boise too.

I became a Suns fan because for whatever reason, I just really liked to watch Tom Chambers play. I had courtside seats back in the day at the Vet when KJ, Nance etc beat the Lakers. Couldn't stand the Celtics.. did really like Kareem even though I wasn't a Lakers fan. Timeline probably screwed up here as I can't remember the order.

I'm taking all my kids/grandkids to see Suns/Memphis and Cards/Colts at Christmas time.

There you have it.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So where are you from originally? Arizona, Northern California, or Missouri? ;)
Lol.

Born in Florida on Elgin AFB. Dad finished his commitment and family moved to Santa Cruz before I turned one.

My dad’s family is from St Louis area gong back 4-5 generations. They just so happen to hail from same town as @40yearfan.

I was raised an NFL/MLB Cards and Blues fan my whole life. You may ask why not a Hawks fan in the NBA since they were from Stl. My dad and his family became Warriors fans in the 70’s.

I grew up in 9er, Giants land and always hated them. I do like the A’s a lot, but they are second fiddle to Cards.

Ironically, my Dad’s side of the family moved to Phoenix area in 1987 and a year later the team did too. My father moved there in the early 90’s shorty after my parents divorced.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol.

Born in Florida on Elgin AFB. Dad finished his commitment and family moved to Santa Cruz before I turned one.

My dad’s family is from St Louis area gong back 4-5 generations. They just so happen to hail from same town as @40yearfan.

I was raised an NFL/MLB Cards and Blues fan my whole life. You may ask why not a Hawks fan in the NBA since they were from Stl. My dad and his family became Warriors fans in the 70’s.

I grew up in 9er, Giants land and always hated them. I do like the A’s a lot, but they are second fiddle to Cards.

Ironically, my Dad’s side of the family moved to Phoenix area in 1987 and a year later the team did too. My father moved there in the early 90’s shorty after my parents divorced.

For me born in Missouri or Misery as my parents called it. Moved to California when i was 18 months old. Grew up a Cards fan in football and baseball but a Warriors fan in basketball.

I basically discovered sports in 74-75. So the Cards were good, 7-0 start. The Warriors won the NBA title in 75. Became a UCLA fan because of the John Wooden retiring story, they won in 75. I had no idea it would be 20 years before UCLA won again(and not since), that it would be FORTY years before the Warriors won again, and that the Cards would still not have won a SB in my lifetime. At that time all I knew was my teams were exciting and won.

Kind of back there this year the Cards are good, the Warriors are good and UCLA was in the final four last year and could be even better this year. Only took 47 years to get back all 3 being good at once!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard