Ossenfort is Kicking the Hornets’ Nest in this Draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No future draft pick is guaranteed. If you were counting on a top pick for the Texans draft pick, that's on you. We never had a top pick, so we did not in fact get screwed in any way shape or form. We got exactly what we got. Pretty simple.
Correct. A range. And we ended up at the bad end of the range.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I would be super happy to have a player in the top 10 on QB pressures. Leading the league would be a dream, especially since we are the most zone heavy team in the league.

Pressures means early throws, which equals yards left on the field and turnovers

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
good grief -- yards and TDs are such a cherry picked stat to measure WRs by.

rookie of the year is nice, but its a relative measure

pass rushers are drafted to sack the QB. yes there are other things, but its the thing you want. Anderson had 7, which doesnt even really register in the rookie sack leaders over time, wasnt even the most among last year's rookies and is pedestrian overall in the NFL last year.

Hes a nice player, but to suit a narrative people are acting like DROY means hes the next Lawrence Taylor.

if MHJ averages 41 yards per game and a TD every third game or so -- i doubt that will meet our expectations here
Dude the fact that you can’t even address the MOST PRESSURES IN ENTIRE LEAGUE, but try to dismiss it as “other things” says all we need to know about your ability to argue this point in good faith. You’ve taken a ridiculous position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can you guys at least not judge on whether we won or loss the PJ/Will trade after one season
Eh that’s like saying “wait until their respective careers are over.” It’s okay to measure at any given moment because everyone knows it can only be a point in time measurement. It’s not a permanent grade. It’s a grade on what we’ve seen thus far. Which is fair.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
did you even read what i wrote? it was about the impact anderson made on the texans - from one of the worst defenses in the league to 14th with a playoff win - in one single year

what does jonathan greenard have to do with any of that? are you saying the vikings improved more overall as a team in one season - with greenard than the texans did with anderson? is greenard leading the viking's defense as a captain?

or are you saying you'd take greenard > anderson?

or are you just copy pasting some stats and calling it a day?

You're the one implying that the improvement in the Texans "D" comes down to Anderson. I'm saying that Greenard's statistical improvement between 2022 and 2023 was as impactful or more.

FYI: Greenard has yet to play a down for the Vikings.

We'll see if Anderson can keep up with Hunter, Greenard's replacement in 2024.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Dude the fact that you can’t even address the MOST PRESSURES IN ENTIRE LEAGUE, but try to dismiss it as “other things” says all we need to know about your ability to argue this point in good faith. You’ve taken a ridiculous position.
you obviously value pressures more than i do. The all caps prove it.

but even with all the pressures, his defensive stats relative to the rest of the NFL pass rushers were ....... middle of the pack. Better than average.

People are making him out to be the next great pass rusher or something. I think that is really premature. Maybe he will be.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or--and this idea comes out of left field, I know--he could be posturing. What what what, an NFL GM trying to misdirect other GMs in the lead-up to the draft? Madness!
Posturing for what reason? Nobody is taking Harrison before the cards.

Do you see the bears posturing about Caleb?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If Ossenfort truly believe as many of you on here that he would be dumb not to take MHJ because he is superhuman, why would he say he is open for business - numerous times. How would that benefit him?

When asked about how fans want one particular player, his answer was we will do what is best for the team - TRANSLATION I want extra picks because I don't see that player as significantly better than other options.
Because outside of QBs, no player is worth more than 6 premium picks.

If I'm Monti, Ill say the same thing to get a stupid package. If I'm Monti, I'm confident I can hit on four of those picks, which would be worth more than MHJ.

But that's also the hubris of those trades. I remember thinking the Falcons gave up way too much for Julio Jones, but if you look at how that trade worked out, Julio was worth more than all those players.

When the Rams traded the pick that was Robert Griffin, none of those players really amounted to anything...and Griffin was a damn good player before injury ruined him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Posturing for what reason? Nobody is taking Harrison before the cards.

Do you see the bears posturing about Caleb?
Monti, and no one else besides the Bears (seemingly) have any idea what the other teams are doing. It's been a long-standing thing, in the 20+ years I've closely followed the draft - everyone is trying to seed doubt and strengthen their position. It's smoke screen city, and all posturing. Why wouldn't they?

We literally have no clue if say, the Chargers, want to toss a 3rd round pick at New England to jump us for their top WR, knowing the Cardinals aren't drafting a QB. Or if the Jets think adding MHJ would be the ultimate path for a Super Bowl, and offer New England everything in their war chest for MHJ (unlikely, but who freaking knows).

On top of all of this, Monti laid out his cards (pun intended) pretty clearly in the last press conference. Does he want to sell his home? No. But if someone walks up and offers him an insane value, he'll have to move out and take the deal.

You always posture, in almost every situation where negotiation is on the table. You want teams scared enough that you're willing to move that they keep upping the ante.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn