On Christian Kirk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it was also reported that Jerry Sullivan was behind that? Maybe Keim needs to listen to him in 2021? We also need the best CB available. It all depends on what we can get in FA? If we can get a true #1 CB in FA, then yes, by all means draft the best WR available. We also need interior OL'men. Then there's the salary cap in 2021. It's said it will go down to 175 million. This will affect every team so it will be interesting what every team will actually look like in 2021? We have so many FA's & I have no idea who will & won't be retained. So many questions & so little answers right now.

the WR class is deep, plus we have some options there in free agency
Curtis Samuel
Juju Schuster
Golloway
Allen Robinson
Etc etc
We need a cb and a mauler offensive guard, not someone is pushed 7/8 yards back constantly
I will add a veteran center in free agency

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rookie CBs do not win you football games. We can draft Jeff Okudah or whatever in the first round and be even worse.. even Pat P was horrible his rookie year.. WRs can have a much bigger impact. Many of them are going for 1k yards right out of the gate. Sign vet CBs for Vance to work with. We have replacement level dudes as it is and his passing defense was fine.
PP has lost a step & at some point needs to be replaced. That's fine signing veteran CB's but the flip side of that is you've probably lost 5 of their years of service at that point, or more? It's a crap shoot either way. Spend a year or two with the rookie CB & have them for 10 years possibly or sign a veteran & get 5 or 6? VJ is just not a good DC imo. There's many ways of building a team & no guarantees either way you go. Keim is only good at making trades & late additions imo, he sucks at drafting players. I just hope he doesn't screw our roster up for 2021 & makes the right choices?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Curtis Samuel
Juju Schuster
Golloway
Allen Robinson
Etc etc
We need a cb and a mauler offensive guard, not someone is pushed 7/8 yards back constantly
Well said.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Rookie CBs do not win you football games. We can draft Jeff Okudah or whatever in the first round and be even worse.. even Pat P was horrible his rookie year.. WRs can have a much bigger impact. Many of them are going for 1k yards right out of the gate. Sign vet CBs for Vance to work with. We have replacement level dudes as it is and his passing defense was fine.

1 rookie WR had 1000 yards this year. I think 2 did last year Brown and Sutton(if he was a rook) and they both really came on late in the year. Rookies, in general aren't winning you football games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think KJ, although slow is a decent #4, at least he runs crisp routes. We can do better than Kirk. Imo we need a #2 & #3. Look how good Justin Jefferson turned out to be for the Vikings. They're in the draft, question is can Keim find them? Probably not so what are we gonna do as fans? Sit back & have to watch him bungle another 3 WR picks? He needs to let Jerry Sullivan pick them.

I'm looking at from the standpoint, lets get the better receivers at 2 and 3 before the Cardinals let Kirk go. It's hard for me to see where Kirk wouldn't be valuable as depth.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wouldn't at all let Kirk go--he has value at the position--but not as a #2 or #3. Too many drops, inconsistency, and the inability to break tackles. Plus he can't return to save his life. Have him and KJ battle it out for #4, sign a solid Vet #2, and for all that is holy hope Keim isn't here to draft the #3 guy!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't at all let Kirk go--he has value at the position--but not as a #2 or #3. Too many drops, inconsistency, and the inability to break tackles. Plus he can't return to save his life. Have him and KJ battle it out for #4, sign a solid Vet #2, and for all that is holy hope Keim isn't here to draft the #3 guy!
Trade Kirk for a #3 & let Jerry Sullivan pick the #2 in the draft, keep KJ at #4 until he can be replaced. Let's face it, Kirk has been inconsistent & will more than likely stay that way. He'll never break tackles. Trade him while he has a little value.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kirk is the poor man's Will Fuller. Shows up big in 1 or 2 games & is injured or missing in action for rest of season.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Im not a kirk fan. Remember the "throwing rocks at cars" at the Phoenix open incident?

He comes off a little entitled to me as the "local sports star" whos been living in his own hype since Saguaro High School.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but Kirk seems like he is easily replaceable.

Bad draft pick.

Another oft-injured mighty mouse failure by Keim.

How many undersized oft-injured athletes have to be drafted before Keim understands this is the NFL where grown men play?

The smaller guys that perform and stay off the injury list are few and far between.

I am in full agreement that a larger WR does not guarantee much, but how about we let some of those larger receiver bust out since we have allowed that to happen for plenty of under sized guys on this roster?

Just one or two. Heck, give me two and I will give you Hakeem Butler for the 1st one!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He broke protocol doing what? I didn’t know the league has said to live in a bubble for the next year. Questionable decision yes? Breaking protocol no! Do you even know who the people he’s with are?

Apparently he was with a bunch of people who were deemed more important than a playoff deciding game, all his teammates, all his family members, and anyone else counting on him to stay disciplined for the money he is paid.

Just sayin'

Another showing of how soft this team is mentally, and since Kirk is hurt most of the time, physically as well.

And yes, there is personal bias here since I have never liked this pick and now after his 3rd year? He is what he is.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Curtis Samuel
Juju Schuster
Golloway
Allen Robinson
Etc etc

I would love to see Allen Robinson on this team but there is no way they can afford him.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Kirk has had plenty of chances. Keep him as a 3 or 4 receiver. But he isn't more than that.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yes this- Kirk is a 3 at best, and a good 4 WR. Like the idea of a vet WR with a speed rookie added to this team.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He broke protocol doing what? I didn’t know the league has said to live in a bubble for the next year. Questionable decision yes? Breaking protocol no! Do you even know who the people he’s with are?
The NFL didn't think to specifically list "attend a party on a bus", but i think what Kirk did certainly constitutes "high risk behavior".
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/04/the-nfl-will-fine-players-up-to-50000-for-breaking-coronavirus-rules.html said:
The league also outlined “high risk” behavior that may draw a fine or suspension on the first violation, such as:
  • Attending an indoor bar or night club unless player is wearing personal protective equipment and there are no more than 10 people there.
  • House gatherings of more than fifteen people, unless the player and all guests are wearing masks or PPE, as well as gatherings where social distancing for more than ten people is impossible.
  • Attending an indoor music concert or entertainment event.
  • Attending a professional sporting event (other than applicable NFL games or events) unless the player is seated in a separated seating section, such as a suite or owner’s box, with no more than 10 people total, and is wearing PPE.
In addition, the memo states that the commissioner may punish any NFL club that fails to impose discipline on non-player club employees who violate these rules or engage in high-risk conduct.
...dave

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think the problem is Kirk is playing out if position to accommodate Fitz. Kirk's best position is in the slot IMO. I also think if you sign a stud RT Cole and Hillard would both be instantly serviceable.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think the problem is Kirk is playing out if position to accommodate Fitz. Kirk's best position is in the slot IMO. I also think if you sign a stud RT Cole and Hillard would both be instantly serviceable.

Can't agree on Cole--he's a backup-level player and we need more (and basic stinking discipline) at the position--but the rest sounds about right to me :)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't agree on Cole--he's a backup-level player and we need more (and basic stinking discipline) at the position--but the rest sounds about right to me :)
I think Cole might be better suited at guard. At center he leaves some to be desired

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Totally agree. I hate seeing Fitz retire, but I could produce a positive for the offense