On Christian Kirk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they ever say if he has Covid or was just exposed? I ask because a family member had him on his fantasy team, their league was still going last week and he said the update on his league was that Kirk was caught on tape, with a mask, on some party bus full of people who were not wearing masks(he was) and that it's on Reddit too and that's why he got put on the list. I have no idea if that's true?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we saw the pictures

So if true, what do you do? I mean that was a playoff game for us and he missed it because he was on a party bus? If I'm the GM I'm awfully tempted to dump him, hell you could probably find some violation of his contract in that behavior. It's tough, maybe you give him a 2nd chance but man when I heard that I didn't know if it was true or not but my first thought was if he missed a game because of that, and we lose, he may be traded or cut.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, so he was on the bus, is that why he missed the game Sunday?

If it is, what's the consequences of his actions?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t know anything about the bus ride, whether he got COVID from it or even if he has it.

I don't know what kind of party was but didnt look enjoying it
The footage showed him wearing a mask and keeping the adequate distance
More likely Kirk has been near to banjo so he was considered exposed to the risk of being infected

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if true, what do you do? I mean that was a playoff game for us and he missed it because he was on a party bus? If I'm the GM I'm awfully tempted to dump him, hell you could probably find some violation of his contract in that behavior. It's tough, maybe you give him a 2nd chance but man when I heard that I didn't know if it was true or not but my first thought was if he missed a game because of that, and we lose, he may be traded or cut.
He needs to be traded anyway. He plays more like a #4 WR. We can do better. Way too inconsistent.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don’t know anything about the bus ride, whether he got COVID from it or even if he has it.

Yes that's what I'm asking, do we know why he was on the list, and if it was because of that bus ride what would the team do about it.

It could be as someone else said he had contact with banjo, but the timing is such you have to wonder.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im not a kirk fan. Remember the "throwing rocks at cars" at the Phoenix open incident?

He comes off a little entitled to me as the "local sports star" whos been living in his own hype since Saguaro High School.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but Kirk seems like he is easily replaceable.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It doesn't matter if he has COVID or not. He broke the league protocol and thus had to miss the game. The most important game of the season. He should be cut just to set an example... but Kliff has absolutely no discipline in his coaching decisions and no control over the team.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He broke protocol doing what? I didn’t know the league has said to live in a bubble for the next year. Questionable decision yes? Breaking protocol no! Do you even know who the people he’s with are?
It doesn't matter if he has COVID or not. He broke the league protocol and thus had to miss the game. The most important game of the season. He should be cut just to set an example... but Kliff has absolutely no discipline in his coaching decisions and no control over the team.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He broke protocol doing what? I didn’t know the league has said to live in a bubble for the next year. Questionable decision yes? Breaking protocol no! Do you even know who the people he’s with are?

The protocols ban players from any indoor bar or club activities with more than 10 people. With a violation you have to have 6 days of negative testing to be able to play. It doesn't matter who the people are. No, you don't have to live in a bubble, you also can't be a freaking idiot and video yourself on a party bus before the biggest game of the season.

Maybe he can hit up some strip clubs with Dwayne Haskins now that both of these morons are done playing

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
A lot of assumptions going on here. I am sure information will come out, if he tested positive or had close contact with a teammate that has the virus. I mean Haskins was in a strip club and he wasn't put on the covid-19 list.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Kirk's contract is not prohibitive the Cardinals need a 4th WR. The Cardinals woefully lack speed at this position.

I'm not excusing any improper behavior.
I think KJ, although slow is a decent #4, at least he runs crisp routes. We can do better than Kirk. Imo we need a #2 & #3. Look how good Justin Jefferson turned out to be for the Vikings. They're in the draft, question is can Keim find them? Probably not so what are we gonna do as fans? Sit back & have to watch him bungle another 3 WR picks? He needs to let Jerry Sullivan pick them.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think KJ, although slow is a decent #4, at least he runs crisp routes. We can do better than Kirk. Imo we need a #2 & #3. Look how good Justin Jefferson turned out to be for the Vikings. They're in the draft, question is can Keim find them? Probably not so what are we gonna do as fans? Sit back & have to watch him bungle another 3 WR picks? He needs to let Jerry Sullivan pick them.

Has been reported how Jefferson was the first WR in the keim board

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has been reported how Jefferson was the first WR in the keim board
I think it was also reported that Jerry Sullivan was behind that? Maybe Keim needs to listen to him in 2021? We also need the best CB available. It all depends on what we can get in FA? If we can get a true #1 CB in FA, then yes, by all means draft the best WR available. We also need interior OL'men. Then there's the salary cap in 2021. It's said it will go down to 175 million. This will affect every team so it will be interesting what every team will actually look like in 2021? We have so many FA's & I have no idea who will & won't be retained. So many questions & so little answers right now.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it was also reported that Jerry Sullivan was behind that? Maybe Keim needs to listen to him in 2021? We also need the best CB available. It all depends on what we can get in FA? If we can get a true #1 CB in FA, then yes, by all means draft the best WR available. We also need interior OL'men. Then there's the salary cap in 2021. It's said it will go down to 175 million. This will affect every team so it will be interesting what every team will actually look like in 2021? We have so many FA's & I have no idea who will & won't be retained. So many questions & so little answers right now.

Rookie CBs do not win you football games. We can draft Jeff Okudah or whatever in the first round and be even worse.. even Pat P was horrible his rookie year.. WRs can have a much bigger impact. Many of them are going for 1k yards right out of the gate. Sign vet CBs for Vance to work with. We have replacement level dudes as it is and his passing defense was fine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson