Omar Khan Straight-up Schooling Monti

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm rather torn on Monti so far.

I like that he has an obvious vision, but I think he's gone a bit overboard with the tear down. I liked our draft, but mostly because it was very dissimilar to a Kiem draft. I also like that we finally hired someone to run the team who didn't come up in this franchise's culture of failure.

What vision is that?

However... he's made at least 3 really confounding, and IMO indisputable, mistakes already and we have not even played a game yet.

Losing draft position because of the Gannon tampering situation.

Dumping Hopkins for nothing because we totally misjudged his value.

Not having the "financials" to sign Dobbs in free agency, despite having a boat load of cap space... then spending a pick to pluck him from the team who outbid us.

Those 3 on their own, I could shrug off (except Dobbs... makes no sense, that guy had better wow me), but when put together, I worry that Monti is a guy who can see the forest but is going so smash his face into every random tree on the way.

Add signing a K to a $4 mil contract when he's tearing down the team and could have brought in some young K's to tryout for the job

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah but the part of you that played ball is going to be disgusted if we get blown of the field every week. It won't be any fun Ouchie.
Eh, I’ve lived this life before with the cards. And I did it in person at the games. Surely as an older guy, watching from the comfort of my pool or jacuzzi I can handle it now as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I won’t watch the Houston games rooting for a loss.

Oh, who am I kidding. I will totally watch Houston game rooting for a loss.
I still root for a win, even when I want us to lose.

I should probably bet on the Cards to lose every game. No matter what happens, I'll be happy that we won, or happy that I won money.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I should probably bet on the Cards to lose every game. No matter what happens, I'll be happy that we won, or happy that I won money.
I find myself rooting for the win and then correct myself. I am not kidding. And no, I’m not talking to myself (at least not out loud where anyone can hear me and lock me away).

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'm going to wait to see if we can at least play tough to see if it's a good idea to bet against us money line, with the spread, or with an inflated spread.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait to see if we can at least play tough to see if it's a good idea to bet against us money line, with the spread, or with an inflated spread.
As a rule, I do not bet for teams/players that I have an emotional interest in. Probably the right move. If I bet on the Cards to lose every game, I'll have to rethink that strategy. LOL

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The sick part of me is looking forward to the race for #1 pick.

This is where I've been since we decided to sit out free agency.

They're going to be spectacularly awful... Gannon's cartoonish personality should add a lot to the experience. Maybe a dude up in the clouds like him is exactly what you need to mentally carry a team through a horror show of a season.

I am morbidly excited.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where I've been since we decided to sit out free agency.

They're going to be spectacularly awful... Gannon's cartoonish personality should add a lot to the experience. Maybe a dude up in the clouds like him is exactly what you need to mentally carry a team through a horror show of a season.

I am morbidly excited.
Unless we get a rash of injuries, we won't be spectacularly bad. Weren't we ranked 32nd in offense AND defense under Wilks?

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Mo just can't overthink it. Don't make a bunch of questionable picks in the next 2 drafts. Like last season; Anderson and Robinson were the only picks I had early 1st as blue chip players. But that's why I think differently than the Cards. They always find a way to mess it up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right. We were 32nd and 26th. Either way though. Pretty bad.

Right now, A few Power Rankings have us at 32nd on both offense and defense. I don't think we will be as bad at either category as 2018, although I'm not confident in this defense being better than 26th at the moment. (Since it is impossible to be worse than 32nd, I don't think our offense will be in the 30s either.)