OL Coach should be fired tomorrow

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Lindsay got cut as a player by the Cardinals. Enough said. How does that get you the coaching job?

The Cards will struggle to win games as long as they have the terrible OL play on running plays. I have never seen a team struggle week after week with run blocking like the 2005 Cardinals are.

It is so bad I don't know how you fix it.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Need to do something to finish the game strong. If that involves fireing the OL coach, I am up for it. But I wonder, is it the OL players or the coaching...This is becoming such a non-sense how we cannot make room for running RB. Who else is this bad???

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
who used to coach denvers oline Alex Gibbs? I think he is a part time assistant for atlanta I heard during the atlanta game. Call HIM and HIRE HIM IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In my opinion run blocking is more difficult for lineman than pass blocking because of the physical nature of run blocking which calls for driving men. You want to fix the o-line, we aren't that far off.

1-Put Big on a diet. Forget about moving him to left guard, he is just plain to heavy to be a dominant left tackle. If he was to drop to 340 he would be a top five tackle in the game and be MORE effective in the run game.

2-Get a strong veteran LG ala Randy Thomas but on the left side.

3-Keep the rest of the line together and let them learn to play as a unit. Consistancy is an offensive lines best friend.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Seems to me a good rush offense starts with the center. Don't think Step gets a good push on running plays.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The push from all 5 guys is just fine. The holes are there. The problem is that this line cannot sustain blocks. They get to the right position, they hit the correct man, then the hole isn't there very long because that defender quickly sheds the block.

The line looks decent at initial contact, but it's the inability to sustain those blocks that allows defenders free to kill our RBs.

On a side note, how do you know when the Cards are going to run the ball?

Because the running back leaves the huddle in tears. :cry:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
who used to coach denvers oline Alex Gibbs? I think he is a part time assistant for atlanta I heard during the atlanta game. Call HIM and HIRE HIM IMMEDIATELY!!!!

He's their fulltime OL coach, I think the NFL would charge us with tampering.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
He's their fulltime OL coach, I think the NFL would charge us with tampering.

Not if you made him a managing assistant or whatever it is.

We don't have one but you could make him assistant HC and it would be ok I think.

You just have to bump up his title and honestly I'd cut Ross save the money and offer him like 4 million a year and the job title.

It would make sense.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree

We have a bye-week, we have a great opportunity. Leave the OL intact and get a new OL coach in the next two days. I don't think its the players as much as it probably is a coach with hardly any experience. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn