Ok .... Here We Go ..... Bucks To Make An Offer To Eric Bledsoe

OP
OP
A

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The earliest Bledsoe could sign an offer sheet with another team is July 10th, so the earliest the Suns would be forced to match is July 17th. By then we will likely already know where all the big name free agents will sign.

Now, they only have three days to match an offer to a restricted free agent!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Doesn't matter

a) Bucks don't have max caproom for Bledsoe
b) Very doubtful Bledsoe would sign that offer

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really hope Bledsoe doesn't sign the contract, and I'm really hoping he stays with the Suns.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Milwaukee from what I can see has 53M$ tied up, so they are way short of offering Bledsoe his max.

Even if Eric signed that kind of offer sheet we would still have 3 days after the moratorium is lifted and would get Bledsoe on way less that what we suspected.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do not see why MIL will do it, they have Knight signed to a large contract and Mayo is on the books for another 2 years. Although rumors are that MIL has put Mayo on the block, purging his contract frees up around $8M.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I doubt he signs it. He knows that we can go over the cap to keep him if it's done after we sign or don't sign LeBron/Bosh.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The earliest Bledsoe could sign an offer sheet with another team is July 10th, so the earliest the Suns would be forced to match is July 17th. By then we will likely already know where all the big name free agents will sign.

The period was changed from 7 days to match to 3.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like this Lebron tease needs to play out quickly so the timing of signing Tucker and Bledsoe does not mess with the amount of money the Suns can spend on other free agents.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not see why MIL will do it, they have Knight signed to a large contract and Mayo is on the books for another 2 years. Although rumors are that MIL has put Mayo on the block, purging his contract frees up around $8M.

That's assuming they can dump his contract w/o taking back any salary. Not an easy task anytime especially right in the middle of free agency.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see him signing it until the Lebron situation plays out. He knows being here with Lebron is way better then going to Mil.

He potentially loses the opportunity if he signs the offer sheet, only because of his actions.

Though if he signs it, this might signal Lebron isn't coming here, but maybe not.

I can see his agent doing it to pressure the max for Bledsoe, even if Lebron signs here. So him signing it doesn't mean Lebron isn't coming here, but it could also mean just that.

Though overall since we have extra space beyond a max Lebron signing, if Lebron signed here, it wouldn't make too much sense to force us to sign a Gasol/Bosh/Melo/whatever in 3 or less days.

But it also could be true that if Lebron decides to come here, or anywhere, things might speed up significantly and many of these guys might sign with someone in a couple of days or so.

Reaction score
Does he want to or would anyone want to play for Jason Kidd? The whole organization is a joke. Plus the winters are nice here and a nightmare in Milwaukee

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marc J. Spears: Suns & RFA Eric Bledsoe's agent Rich Paul in early stages of contract talks, a source said.Other suitors in limbo until LeBron & Melo decide Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The salary cap in 2016/17 is expected to be around 80M$+ , there is no way we won't match Bledsoe, no matter what contract he gets.

This team would be fine paying Dragic and Bledsoe a comined 30M$ down the road.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any updates on Eric Bledsoe contract situation?

How about anything the Suns are doing. :)

The Suns are not showing their cards. IMO, the Suns are keeping their powder dry for a reason, if not for a big free agent, then a deal maker with spinoff assets. What I would give to know what McDonough is planning. The thing that stands out to me, McDonough is not willing to overpay for average.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about anything the Suns are doing. :)

The Suns are not showing their cards. IMO, the Suns are keeping their powder dry for a reason, if not for a big free agent, then a deal maker with spinoff assets. What I would give to know what McDonough is planning. The thing that stands out to me, McDonough is not willing to overpay for average.
You're telling me, I'm pulling my hair out (whats left of it) trying to find out what the Suns are doing in free agency.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're telling me, I'm pulling my hair out (whats left of it) trying to find out what the Suns are doing in free agency.

I've already pulled mine out. :)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Forty years ago, a guy with whom I used to work said to me, "Every morning it's sink-10, BC-2".

I hope my fellow follicly impaired ASFN posters get a kick out of that.

OK, now back to the stress. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn