Official Suns Vs Sonics Retro Night

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Steph rolled up his shorts for this one.

Suns win on an exciting night:

Suns - 100
Sonics - 94

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
WOW. Barkley just stepped on the floor with other old time suns players...and Amare is wearing his shoes from '92.

Anyone else thinking what Im thinking?

Nice to see Charles back at AWA.

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I guess ill talk to myself.

I really dont like how this is turning out. Two very ticky tack fouls on Amare, but the Sonics are literally pushing the suns to the floor with no calls.

Fire every single ****ing official and start over PLEASE.

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Im just as confused as you JJ.

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Grgrgrich got a technical too.

Well they are up by 2 at the half but they need to quit messing around and put this game away.

fordronken

Reaction score
The Suns are closing off the paint and giving the Sonics just about every three they want. That strategy usually works.

My question: if Marbury can go into the paint whenever he wants, why doesn't he go more often?

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by fordronken
The Suns are closing off the paint and giving the Sonics just about every three they want. That strategy usually works.

Unless the other team has a Barry or a Piatkowski. If they are on, you're history.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been one poorly officiating game, and to be fair at has not been one-sided. 1 minute the referees are calling Ticky-tac fouls. The next minute they are allowing the two teams to manhandle and hammer each other.

That was a great play when Amare Stoudemire took those two guys down then dunked on them. At first I thought he had plowed over Radmonovic, but on the replay it looked clean.

I really like those retro uniforms. I honestly think they are the best uniforms this team has ever worn.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Yeah, they make the new uni's look like poo.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the poorest games I've seen from Shawn Marion. He's just hanging around the perimeter on offense.

Actually, that might be the poorest five minutes of Phoenix Suns basketball I've seen all season.

Joe Mama

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
And what is the love affair with Dan Langhi. I mean he's not that bad but he's not that good either. We have better alternatives than that. Does he put out for Frank or something? :rolleyes:

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
It seems like Frank Johnson has no idea how to adjust lineups for defensive purposes. All his subsitutions seem to be to put offense in, hence, smallball.

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
..I was browsing thorugh the yahoo photo gallery and it had a pic of penny grimacing and the caption said that he injured his thumb during the first half. Just listening to the game and i don't believe that i heard that part. Hope he's okay...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JJ Slim
And what is the love affair with Dan Langhi. I mean he's not that bad but he's not that good either. We have better alternatives than that.

Name one

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Name one
Casey for one. He is at least as consistent as Langhi (I know that's not saying much). Joe Johnson for another but it looks like he's played a bunch tonight and not done squat.

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
They really need to pull this one out. It looks like the Clippers are folding for the Rockets. If the Suns lose that will put them two games back of #8. They don't have the luxury of trying to make up games.

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Game over. Suns lose.

STOP SHOOTING 3's! :( :(

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
Damn if only they were able to stay healthy the whole year. Well i hope tehy don't give up they're not totally out of it.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but at this point Casey Jacobsen is not a better option than Dan Langhi. Langhi is on the floor because of his length on defense and the boards. Casey Jacobsen is arguably the poorest defender on the team.

The Suns could not make their shots from outside tonight, and absolutely nobody was moving without the basketball. Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson in particular stood around the perimeter the entire game. Hardaway didn't do anything tonight. That was a very ugly and depressing game.

Bold prediction: the Phoenix Suns are going to miss the playoffs by at least a couple games.

Hardaway, Johnson, and Marion were a combined 8-30 from the field tonight. The Suns were outrebounded 50-36 and 15-6 on the offensive boards.

The Sonics did not win a game tonight. The Suns lost it. They looked horrible.

Last thought: I the Suns ever going to learn to play against a zone defense? It makes them look awful every time they see it.

Joe Mama