ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Why? We iDL is probably the deepest area of the roster

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers released Efe Obada. Guy has some talent on the edge and would be decent depth. Has the size and athleticism to better suit stand up OLB I think.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This Streveler thing seems kinda forced imo. Kliff's offense isnt built on a mobile QB. He's not a this great passer that had a lot of success in the CFL. His athleticism isnt that much greater if at all than Hakeem Butler. Jojo Ward seems to have actually made plays in camp. And we have no real clue if he can tackle on special teams.

Seems like a Keim toy. Normal preseason and I'm not sure he's just a PS guy. Would make more sense to ease him in.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
What? A rotation iDL that plays 40% of snaps who is strictly a run stopper and is as good as he will ever be? I'd rather give the reps to Dogbe, Lawrence, Allen and Fotu.

I'm not saying the guy isn't worth a roster somewhere, but don't see the need on ours.

Makes me wonder if Zach Allen might be a bit on the bubble.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might shock you, but "the team" is often full of crap. How many players have hyped by the team to do nothing? I can think of a few just at CB.
Point well taken, but - all other things being equal - I'd be inclined to believe that the TEAM has better access to information and experience evaluating talent within the context of understanding team needs

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This Streveler thing seems kinda forced imo. Kliff's offense isnt built on a mobile QB. He's not a this great passer that had a lot of success in the CFL. His athleticism isnt that much greater if at all than Hakeem Butler. Jojo Ward seems to have actually made plays in camp. And we have no real clue if he can tackle on special teams.

Seems like a Keim toy. Normal preseason and I'm not sure he's just a PS guy. Would make more sense to ease him in.

Based on?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What? A rotation iDL that plays 40% of snaps who is strictly a run stopper and is as good as he will ever be? I'd rather give the reps to Dogbe, Lawrence, Allen and Fotu.

I'm not saying the guy isn't worth a roster somewhere, but don't see the need on ours.

Well they do see a fit.

Dogbe hardly wowed as a run-stopper last season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any more movement since Jace Whittaker to the practice squad?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh you think that article somehow supports your position? Butler didn’t get to year two. 74% of 4th round picks do. More than half make it through three years. This was a terrible pick by the front office.

like I have said over and over in this thread it doesn’t matter if he gets cut in his second year or cut in his fourth year. Finding a 4th round pick that become a key player on your team is a lot more rare than a 4th rounder that doesn’t pan out.

I love guys trying to be the smartest guy in the room when it comes to the draft.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to judge players cut or kept without any preseason games. Bottom line for us is just pure speculation on the reasons. :shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like adding Jace Whittaker, Jo Jo Ward and Chris Jones to the practice squad. I'm guessing it will be further revised. My understanding, four players can be protected from other teams. Maybe we will find out later who they are.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did find this while looking for Blackson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's about eight hours old regarding Angelo Blackson joining Cardinals 53 man roster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other than Philips and Peters, the DL was all.1st and 2nd year players. Another solid veteran is a good thing.

He's not solid though. PFF grades.

2019 - 43.9 :barf:
2018 - 58.7
2017 - 64.3
2016 - 50.4

Dudes getting worse. And before you say "But PFF". You can argue details on some players, but they don't get it so wrong that good players get 43.9 grades.

I'd rather have kept Trevon Coney on the 53 who's been working in the system for a while than sign someone worse off the street with a week until the season.

Or better still Bullard. You want a run stopping interior D line with experience? Bullard knows the scheme, has played a number of snaps in it and is a similar age to Blackson.

Bullard grades

2019 - 56.2
2018 - 60.7
2017 - 66.6
2016 - 52.3

There's not a single year Bullard hasn't been better than Blackson.

Last edited: