Official Cuts/Practice Squad Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
#FAKENEWS I don't hate him. I have no opinion on him than the one everyone should have which is "Why are we wasting a roster spot of a no mark Canadian backup?"

All this "Im glad he made the roster" and "he's the next Taysom Hill" is Walter Mitchell levels of delusion.

And like the nobodies Mitch eulogizes over I'd be surprised if he stays on the 53 and if he does I'll be surprised he ever sees a match day and in 2 years we will barely remember him.

The difference is that the TEAM is telling you this not some fan with no access.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't hate him. I have no opinion on him than the one everyone should have which is "Why are we wasting a roster spot of a no mark Canadian backup?"

All this "Im glad he made the roster" and "he's the next Taysom Hill" is Walter Mitchell levels of delusion.

And like the nobodies Mitch eulogizes over I'd be surprised if he stays on the 53 and if he does I'll be surprised he ever sees a match day and in 2 years we will barely remember him.
Krang's last point was dead on, but just to re-emphasize, the team feels this way, it's not some guy's random musings based on body language or a hypothetical he had in a dream last night.

Also, we weren't the only suitors for Streveler. He worked out with us, Tampa Bay, and Miami, and chose us. We obviously have something in mind for him, because at the time of workouts, joining Tampa or Miami would have had a better pathway to playing time due to their tenuous QB situations.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For sure this isn't the final roster.

CB's are too low for one. OL is too high. No need to keep Streveler on the 53. I can see several moves coming the next few days.

There’s obviously a defined role for Streveler on this team; otherwise, he would’ve been cut.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm concerned with the CB depth right now. Maybe Kevin Pete had a great camp, but right now the team looks like it needs at least one more CB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The difference is that the TEAM is telling you this not some fan with no access.

This might shock you, but "the team" is often full of crap. How many players have hyped by the team to do nothing? I can think of a few just at CB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn't claim anyone on waivers.

All our cuts went unclaimed.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont know how good the Cardinals can get with scouting this poor.
Exactly. Keim has shown proficiency in amazing trades. He was successful early with keim time signings late in the preseason of older vets looking to rehabilitate their value. He’s even had some success in free agency. But his failures in the draft are a big deal because it’s the only resource for (a) youth, and (b) low cost and controlled timing players. An inability to effectively leverage that arrow in his quiver will eliminate any ability to build long term success.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
4m

The #Cardinals are waiving CB Chris Jones, source said. He played 11 games (three starts) and broke up six passes last season. Should have a decent shot to be claimed.
This one surprised me. I expected its own thread about this one the way people were pumping him up. More suspending than butler imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All this arguing about Butler and 4th round picks is missing one key detail. He obviously wasn't worth a 4th round pick. Teams passed on him over and over and now we know why.
Right. It’s called collegiate talent evaluation. Something the cardinals have, heretofore, not shown a talent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You should do more research before getting personal with me, as I back my stuff up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...long-does-the-average-draft-pick-stick-around

Not sure why you’re choosing to die on the hill of being ok with a fourth-round pick playing zero snaps, but it’s an interesting one, especially since this is Keim’s second fourth-round whiff in three drafts.

As a fan, you should expect that Keim be at least within the average range for draft success, but he hasn’t been. This is well chronicled
Thank you for posting. Interesting data. Damning for sure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
nobody is getting personal with you.

That article pretty much points out what I just told you.

So 17% of 4th rounders even make it to year 5. Thank you.

And by the way it doesn’t say those players are stars there pretty much bench guy or practice squad guys just hanging on for those years

Don’t matter if he’s cut at the start of his second year or his 5th Like I said finding a 4th rounder that comes in and contributes and plays a significant role is a lot more rare than one that doesn’t work out.
Uh you think that article somehow supports your position? Butler didn’t get to year two. 74% of 4th round picks do. More than half make it through three years. This was a terrible pick by the front office.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Streveler is not Hill but he’s got an impressive skill set. He runs a 4.45 with a 38.5 vertical. He throws a soft ball with decent accuracy. He could be a red zone gimmick guy. He’s fairly physical so he could even be a gunner or play on kickoff coverage. He’s Avery flexible athlete.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This might shock you, but "the team" is often full of crap. How many players have hyped by the team to do nothing? I can think of a few just at CB.
But the team doesn’t give a coveted and limited 53 man roster spot to someone with whom they have to legit interest.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Buster Davis says Hi.

3rd rounder....didn't even make final roster as a rookie.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
3rd round pick for the Cardinals in 2000 was cut before playing a game. He signed with the Eagles and went to a Pro Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard