Official 2013 Draft Thread

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I thought the consensus was that Len outplayed Noel.

I certainly saw it that way. In all fairness, it's REALLY not that hard for a 250lb skilled big man to outplay a 200lb skilled big man. I was more concerned with Len not being aggressive enough a few times, and taking some ill-advised runners and jumpers instead of driving to the hoop and dunking the ball.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What are the odds that Bob Sarver moves the team to San Diego and changes their name to the Bobcats?

I'd be cool with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you say white big men suck yet Dirk, Pau, Love, Marc etc all turned out good.

i just thought about that and hope that to be the case...but you just mentioned 4 guys...over 15 YEARS. And Love was a star in college, Dirk and Pau were highly prized euro's who didn't have injury concerns drafted in VERY good drafts and Marc was drafted in the 2nd round, not the 5th pick.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
He was a gymnast for god sakes. The guy is NOT stiff. The ignorance on this board amazes me sometimes.

Well, "stiff" can have different interpretations. It doesn't necessarily mean that he is is "big and clumsy," like say, a Jake Tsakalidis. It can just mean that he is never going to be anything better than say, a Joel Przybilla - i.e., journeyman career, but not really anything to get excited about.

Personally, I'm not that bothered about the Len pick because in this draft, pretty much everything was a crapshoot. I'm far more bothered that the overall plan doesn't seem that promising. They should have done everything they could to jettison all the tradeable assets they have and loaded up on as much young talent in this year's (and potentially, next year's) draft as possible. Take your lumps this year and next year you have a shot at some franchise changing talent in the draft.

Instead, they seem to be heading in the same direction as the status quo - keep just enough vets on the team to guarantee a lousy-but-not-quite-abysmal season, and then screw themselves out of the chance of a game changing turn of fortune. I bet they even sign a middling free agent or two this off-season before all is said and done.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He was a gymnast for god sakes. The guy is NOT stiff. The ignorance on this board amazes me sometimes.
Relax, one person said he's a stiff and now you are hating on the entire board?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
New Orleans drafter Nerlens and the Jazz drafted Shabazz. Too bad both got traded.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i just thought about that and hope that to be the case...but you just mentioned 4 guys...over 15 YEARS. And Love was a star in college, Dirk and Pau were highly prized euro's who didn't have injury concerns drafted in VERY good drafts and Marc was drafted in the 2nd round, not the 5th pick.
Don't forget Nikola Vucevic either.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
No, that's not very likely either. Truth be told, Gortat has gone on a mission to devalue himself and he's succeeded quite nicely. Basically, we're screwed. There's a long shot chance he'll step up and play strongly to start the season but it will take at least that to get much of value for him. I just don't blame this one on the organization. Well, I sort of blame the organization (namely Blanks) because I think the fact Beasley kept getting playing time even though in a merit based system he'd have never seen the court had a lot to do with Gortat disappearing.

Steve

I hope/pray that won't be the case with Hornacek.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The DX guys didn't render a verdict, but the video left me thinking that Noel was the better prospect, especially if he can come back healthy.

I know it doesn't tell the whole story, but Len had 23 pts 12 rebs and 4 blks against Kentucky. Noel had 4 pts, 9 rebs, 3 blks, and 2 stls.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Doesn't look stiff to me

Jeez. That dude goes to the rack as an instinct.

I liked the quickness on his jumps, the height on his jumps, his awareness, touch, stroke, and his athleticism.

I know that's a highlight reel, but it's one hell of a highlight reel. You don't see highlight reels like that too often.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you read the comment on espn about Noel being in better health than Len and a couple of others, stated by some GM.

really have to trust our medical staff on this one, but they haven't disappointed us yet (knock on wood).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Nikola Vucevic either.

who was drafted...16th...as a junior...who averaged 17 ppg and 10 rebounds. and isn't going to make anyone think of the other 4 guys you already mentioned.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez. That dude goes to the rack as an instinct.

I liked the quickness on his jumps, the height on his jumps, his awareness, touch, stroke, and his athleticism.

I know that's a highlight reel, but it's one hell of a highlight reel. You don't see highlight reels like that too often.

Unfortunately, his highlights aren't the problem. If they can find a way to keep him focused he could end up being a pretty good center for us. I've been down on Len because we have failed miserably with the inconsistent motor kind of guys but maybe Jeff and company will excel where others have not.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, his highlights aren't the problem. If they can find a way to keep him focused he could end up being a pretty good center for us. I've been down on Len because we have failed miserably with the inconsistent motor kind of guys but maybe Jeff and company will excel where others have not.

Steve

he had two nice reverse dunks...the rest looked like dunks where there wasn't much lift and were dunks because the dude's 7'1 with long arms.

stiff or not...if you're going to draft a guy based on potential, I go with the guys who have SUPER potential and for me, that was either Noel or McLemore.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, if Len didn't have that stress fracture in his ankle he would have went higher in the draft and we don't get him. So yeah there is more risk because of that....that's why he went #5 instead of #1 or #2.

With a #5 pick there are always doubts otherwise they'd be higher.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard