Official 2006 Arizona State Sun Devils Basketball Thread

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't know Sendek was only 44 years old. He's young enough to have a chance to build ASU into a perennial PAC contender.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Should be an interesting game tonight. Hopefully ASU plays like they did vs. USC and pull off the upset. It could really hurt UA's chances at the tourney.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Women's basketball beat #25 Cal today 60-53 and have advanced to the Pac-10 title game probably against Stanford unless USC can pull off a big upset there. Hopefully the Devils can finally beat Stanford, but I'm not so sure...

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
THe womens basketball team lost to Stanford.

As for the men's team we play Washington in the 2nd game at 8:42.

GO DEVILS

My prediction

ASU 65
Washington 60

Pendergraph

If we can beat Washington then we play Washington State

Last edited:

Nasser22

Reaction score
Ugh, 3 of the 4 women's team losses have come to Stanford.

Hey, with how bad ASU has done this season do they still get an automatic bid if they win the tourney? :p

Future1984

Veteran
Reaction score
THe womens basketball team lost to Stanford.

As for the men's team we play Washington in the 2nd game at 8:42.

GO DEVILS

My prediction

ASU 65
Washington 60

Pendergraph

If we can beat Washington then we play Washington State

Herb will have the troops ready, but can our young team hit the outside shots in a big game???

That score you predicted is too many points for ASU to score and to give up. ASU 50 UW 45 is more reasonable if ASU shoots the ball well.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Well ASU was up by 10, but then Washington went on a 23-3 run and now ASU is down 6 at the half. Their offense is just such a mess this year...I hope they can somehow pull out a win just so they can get in a few more practices, and play another game and get more experience.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UGH.

Down by 7 and it's all but over.

Couple of nice shots by Washington with literally no time on the shot clock pretty much sealed it in the end.

Future1984

Veteran
Reaction score
ASU's season is over.

But im really excited about the future of SUN DEVIL basketball.

HERB's teams always play hard and play good "D"

GO DEVILS!!!

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I can't wait for next season...there will be much more talent, size, athleticism, speed, and shooting ability...The Pac is deep, so I don't know if they'll make the tourney, but I'd bet on it with HS as the coach.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The tourney next year would be amazing, but lets not let that be a gauge of success or not. I think we should all be hoping for the NIT, and the tourney would be just extra awesomeness.

Now two years from now, with Pendergraph as a Senior, Harden, McMillan, Boateng all with more experience, incoming freshman Rhodes and whoever else Herb can snag, then I think we should be thinking tournament for sure.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Well I was thinking NIT this year if Kruger and Krueger stayed around...But with my great 20/20 hindsight vision, I'm glad ASU got the 3 frosh guards a ton of pt, as that will only help more next year...IMO the NIT should be almost a gimme next season, but that's not what I'm "hoping for".

HooverDam

Reaction score
^I guess 'hoping for' was the wrong words. How about, we should be OK w/ an NIT birth? The Pac 10 is still going to be extremely tough, ASU is still going to have a roster thats mostly filled with non Pac10 caliber players, and they are going to be very young. I just don't want to do with ASU basketball like I do with Cardinals football every year- get my hopes up and have them dashed.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I'd be OK with an NIT berth, but far from happy.

The Cardinals comparison is almost spot on, except for the fact that ASU has changed its President, AD, and head coach, while the Cards don't change things at the top of the org...

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
How about Kevin Kruger's play in the tourney so far? I'm glad he got a chance to play for his dad on a decent team, but I sure wish he would have stayed here.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Not basketball related, but another former ASU football player is heading to Iraq...Jeremy Staat is shipping out...It's impresive to see former SunDevils who could still make money in the NFL decide to defend their country instead of playing defense in the NFL...I like the type of kids that Bruce Snider recruited, even if they didn't win enough ballgames.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
This team seems to want to make every game interesting...Although, that is what kept me watching the other night, hopefully they can win at least another game, and get the Pac a little more respect(after the Stanford loss).

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZBALLER, did you see where ASU just announced they are building a new hoops practice facility as the first step in upgrading both men's and women's hoops?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Yep, I've been waiting for that to happen along with an indoor practice facility for the football team...Lisa Love seems to be on top of it with facility upgrades...After those phases are complete, SDS should finally get upgraded.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard