Official 2006 Arizona State Sun Devils Basketball Thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyhoo...

ASU is currently 1-1, losing to NORTHERN ARIZONA, and winning against Cal-State San Bernadino.

Next up: Portland State, November 18th.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so glad Rob Evans is no longer here. Great guy, great coach (from what the players say) but his teams just didn't get it done.

Herb's future teams are looking great already with the signing of several highly scouted players.

Time will tell.

Go Devils !!

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Please, Please, Please close this thread. Re-open it next year when we have something worth talking about :D

Side note- Polk and Shipp look great! I'm happy they'll get some experience this year with a lot of talent joining them next year.

Anyways, please close this thread

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please, Please, Please close this thread. Re-open it next year when we have something worth talking about :D

Side note- Polk and Shipp look great! I'm happy they'll get some experience this year with a lot of talent joining them next year.

Anyways, please close this thread

:lmao:

C'mon now !

Go Devils !

:jedi:

BIM

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I love ASU, but really, do we need to have a thread for what should be an embarrassing season? Wait till next year but in the mean time we can talk about the great ASU women's team which will beat up on Tennessee on Sunday.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Official 2006 Arizona State Sun Devil Basketball Thread

Am I the only person in Phoenix that cares about this?? I go to games and it feels like I'm the only person there.

San Jose State tonight....that would be a nice win for us.

I'm hoping Sendek can get this team to 8-10 in PAC-10 play. Baby steps.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Am I the only person in Phoenix that cares about this?? I go to games and it feels like I'm the only person there.
You're not the only person there. There's about 700 other fans at the games but only about half of those think Sendek will go 8-10 with this roster.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
we have jerren shipp and christian polk
Polk has some tools, but his scoring is a result of shooting every time he touches the ball. He definitely has a long way to go. Jerren Shipp right now looks a lot like Joe in that he is slow but crafty with a nice stroke. The problem he's at least four or five inches shorter than Joe with a much slower release, he needs to grow and work on his fundamentals if he ever wants to be an impact Div-1 player. Derek Glasser is horrible, he's unathletic and his shot takes forever to get up. He would be a walk-on at every other BCS school in the country if James Harden wasn't his best friend.

Pendergraph is a good player, unfortunately for the Devils as NEZ pointed out he's probably the only impact player on the roster. Seay could be as well, but who knows where his head is going to be.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU defeated San Jose State 64-52 in front of 4,989 screaming fans last night.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Polk has some tools, but his scoring is a result of shooting every time he touches the ball. He definitely has a long way to go. Jerren Shipp right now looks a lot like Joe in that he is slow but crafty with a nice stroke. The problem he's at least four or five inches shorter than Joe with a much slower release, he needs to grow and work on his fundamentals if he ever wants to be an impact Div-1 player. Derek Glasser is horrible, he's unathletic and his shot takes forever to get up. He would be a walk-on at every other BCS school in the country if James Harden wasn't his best friend.

ASU can't have any good players according to Mao. Don't even try to argue with him that Sendek is a good coach and can help these players with their faults. It's not worth it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
ASU can't have any good players according to Mao. Don't even try to argue with him that Sendek is a good coach and can help these players with their faults. It's not worth it.
Good call, considering in the same post I said Pendergraph was an impact player and Seay could be as soon as right now if he gets his head on straight (an opinion supported by those close to the program such as announcers and color analysts). I also said Polk has all the tools but is a work in progress and compared Jerren Shipp to a former Pac-10 POY.

Again - do you ever get tired of being wrong?