Official 2006 Arizona State Sun Devils Basketball Thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While attending a Northwestern v. Ohio State game last night, I realized that the quiet crowd and tiny student section at Northwestern makes ASU fans seem like Cameron Crazies.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
While attending a Northwestern v. Ohio State game last night, I realized that the quiet crowd and tiny student section at Northwestern makes ASU fans seem like Cameron Crazies.

There's a difference- Northwestern students are at home studying, ASU students are falling off barstools on Mill. I'll take the later!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a difference- Northwestern students are at home studying, ASU students are falling off barstools on Mill. I'll take the later!
I am with you. Never bothered going to an ASU game until I graduated.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I am with you. Never bothered going to an ASU game until I graduated.

I went to every basketball game my frosh and soph year. I even went to Oklahoma for the NCAA Tournament which was during our spring break sophomore year. My Junior and Senior year I didn't got to one game and haven't been back since. I'll go to some games next year to see if the Boateng and Harden hype is legit. My only bitch is that Sendeks offense, like Evans, is as boring and vanilla has it gets. Painful to watch

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only bitch is that Sendeks offense, like Evans, is as boring and vanilla has it gets. Painful to watch

What? You dont like the wait till the shot clock is in single digits before you shoot offense? lol.. That is disgusting and serves no purpose whatsoever besides being a hot flaming pile of crap...

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
What? You dont like the wait till the shot clock is in single digits before you shoot offense? lol.. That is disgusting and serves no purpose whatsoever besides being a hot flaming pile of crap...

We'll see if it works when he gets some athletes. I'll judge then

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think ASU can beat Washington this Thursday.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I think ASU can beat Washington this Thursday.

We'll see. I'm surprised at how bad Washington has played thus far into the PAC-10 schedule. We have managed to play most our games (in exception of the uofa game) very close but can't pull anything out. We have an extremely young team and most of them aren't even athletes let alone basketball players. Pendgraph is obvioulsy our best player, Polk has been impressive, and Shipp should be good down the road. After that it's pure garbage which is exactly why we always fade in the 2nd half of every game

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Mao, you should change your avator back to the state of Arizona with the signature reading "Land of bad football and basketball."

At the moment it's very fitting. You guys are struggling but humiliated us. Awful

HooverDam

Reaction score
My God- ASU was SO freakin' close to beating WAZZU. They were down by 16, played INSANE D in the second half, but couldn't quite do it. Wazzu bobbled an inbound pass w/ 1 second to go, and ASU got the ball to inbound w/ 1 second. Christian Polk got an open 3 and just barely missed it. Every ASU player thought it was going in, then when it clanged out, they all fell to the floor.

This ASU team plays with so much heart, when they get a few more offensive weapons, they are going to be a fun team to watch.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sendek will make ASU competitive quickly (I hope) but oh that offense can sure be tedious.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
We play oregon state tonight. This might be our chance to get our first win in the conference.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats on your first Pac-10 win. I'm nervous about the Cats game against you guys next week. The Cats can't play defense, so that should make for an interesting game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your first Pac-10 win. I'm nervous about the Cats game against you guys next week. The Cats can't play defense, so that should make for an interesting game.

Gotta love that for Glasser. He wanted to go to USC but Floyd, who had scholarships available, wouldn't give him one he wanted him to walk on because his family is wealthy. So ASU offers him a scholarship(no doubt to help get Harden) and he is a key guy in beating USC.

Boy I wish Collison had brought Pendergraph with him to UCLA, that kid is really good.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Great game, this team really deserved a big win. They've been playing tough every game this year and this was a nice one over a very good team. Sendek has done an excellent job of keeping the team motivated and playing hard, especially on the defensive end. If Harden and Boateng can contribute next year, this team may be significantly better.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. I couldn't find the game. It wasn't on FoxAZ on satellite and when I tried radio, 620 was covering the NBA all-star game.

Good win for the players, they have kept playing hard despite the mounting losses. That first half three point shooting futility almost did them in, from what the paper says.

Go Devils.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard