OBJ to Rams: Report.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This doesn’t make them any better than when they had Desean Jackson. Remember he caught like a 50 yard bomb opening day and everyone was like wow. We completely dismantled them. Bringing him in does nothing. I don’t get how he did nothing for Cleveland who has a better OL and RBs and now he goes to LA and everyone is like omg SuperBowl. Didn’t anyone just watch Sunday night football. They looked horrid. Our defense is legit. Tennessee is legit and they covered Cupp and got
To Bradford. He makes bad decisions. Always has. The Cardinals won’t even see them in the playoffs. Are biggest game is LA at home. Beat them and we have a 3 game lead which will probably be game over. GB would have used him better. I still say we are first and Tampa is 2nd with GB and LA behind. ODB doesn’t add a whole lot to their team that Deasean Jackson didn’t provide.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is actually good news. The Rams don't need wide outs, and when he isn't getting enough targets he is just going to complain and hurt their team.

Not a good signing by them.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This doesn’t make them any better than when they had Desean Jackson. Remember he caught like a 50 yard bomb opening day and everyone was like wow. We completely dismantled them. Bringing him in does nothing. I don’t get how he did nothing for Cleveland who has a better OL and RBs and now he goes to LA and everyone is like omg SuperBowl. Didn’t anyone just watch Sunday night football. They looked horrid. Our defense is legit. Tennessee is legit and they covered Cupp and got
To Bradford. He makes bad decisions. Always has.
The Cardinals won’t even see them in the playoffs. Are biggest game is LA at home. Beat them and we have a 3 game lead which will probably be game over. GB would have used him better. I still say we are first and Tampa is 2nd with GB and LA behind. ODB doesn’t add a whole lot to their team that Deasean Jackson didn’t provide.

Yes, and that's why he retired. ;)

Stafford (his brother from another father)

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stafford has played three good teams since coming to the Rams.

In one, against the Bucs, he looked great.
In the other two, against the Cardinals and the Titans, he was average at best.

Which is the real Matthew Stafford?

The same one we’ve seen for the last decade
I posted this a month ago. Since then, the Rams played one more team with a winning record (the Titans) and lost, largely as a result of Stafford's boneheaded INTs.
Since entering the NFL in 2009, Matthew Stafford is 8-67 (.106) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

In 2020, Matthew Stafford was 0-6 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.
So... assuming no wild changes in the standings, Stafford is now 8-68, including 1-2 this year (beating the Buccaneers, getting clobbered by the Cardinals, and losing to the Titans in boneheaded fashion).

...dave

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is actually good news. The Rams don't need wide outs, and when he isn't getting enough targets he is just going to complain and hurt their team.

Not a good signing by them.
Ya never know the future....but I would think this is a good bet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I posted this a month ago. Since then, the Rams played one more team with a winning record (the Titans) and lost, largely as a result of Stafford's boneheaded INTs.

So... assuming no wild changes in the standings, Stafford is now 8-68, including 1-2 this year (beating the Rams, getting clobbered by the Cardinals, and losing to the Titans in boneheaded fashion).

...dave
Wow I hadn’t seen that. It has to be conditioned on the fact he’s been on terribke teams, but it also means he hasn’t played in a lot of tough games where he’s prevailed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once is all you’ll want to do it . . . but you can say you did it. I’m happy I did, but oof was that a rough day (and next couple of days).
I didn’t enjoy surfing one little bit

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it makes them better, can't be sure. Such a crowded room, doesn't make sense. They want flash or something? It will change their dynamic.

Hopefully they flounder a little bit (except vs Packers).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it makes them better, can't be sure. Such a crowded room, doesn't make sense. They want flash or something? It will change their dynamic.

Hopefully they flounder a little bit (except vs Packers).

It makes them better, but only slightly.

Kupp is still going to be Kupp at WR1

At best OBJ replaces Woods but Woods is a good receiver. He might even be as good as OBJ the way OBJ is playing, and Woods knows the scheme inside and out. So OBJ might not even be an upgrade on Woods.

At best he's higher ceiling than Woods (more ability to make splash plays) but lower floor than Woods (Woods know the scheme in his sleep).

At worse he's an upgrade on Van Jefferson but WR3 is still WR3. I don;t think this is a huge upgrade, and it has the potential to backfire.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Once is all you’ll want to do it . . . but you can say you did it. I’m happy I did, but oof was that a rough day (and next couple of days).

Learning to surf is really hard. It takes alot of persistence and time, proably 20, 30, 50 sessions before you really get it. More time than most people have unless you're in college and can skip class.

Alot of people go their first time when the waves have some size. It doesn't take much to work you over if you don't know how to paddle through the impact zone. That's all it takes and they never try again.

If they get past that part, then learning to take a drop weeds even more people out. The natural thing to do when taking your first drop is to stay on your stomach and wait til you get going, then try to stand up. But its too late at that point, you just fall over. You have to stand up immediatly and take the drop standing so you have momentum and can then carve the wave. Its kind of a mind f at first to try to take a big drop standing, knowing you're going to eat it. Most people never get past that.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was anti-LA until I moved here, and now I love it. The only place in the country that I could ski and three hours later be at t

My ex is a now a fat girl and she is from Tennessee. She spent the last 20 years on the feed bag. What the hell was I thinking when I married her?
Body shaming humor is so flippin 1990s. People need to do better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn’t enjoy surfing one little bit
It’s tough. Maybe one of the most difficult things I’ve ever learned and I still pretty much suck at it (that’s what happens when you’re a desert rat and don’t learn until you’re 31). But it’s like what people say golf is like: catch that one wave (hit that one great golf shot) and it will keep you coming back for more (though I never felt that way about golf).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Learning to surf is really hard. It takes alot of persistence and time, proably 20, 30, 50 sessions before you really get it. More time than most people have unless you're in college and can skip class.

Alot of people go their first time when the waves have some size. It doesn't take much to work you over if you don't know how to paddle through the impact zone. That's all it takes and they never try again.

If they get past that part, then learning to take a drop weeds even more people out. The natural thing to do when taking your first drop is to stay on your stomach and wait til you get going, then try to stand up. But its too late at that point, you just fall over. You have to stand up immediatly and take the drop standing so you have momentum and can then carve the wave. Its kind of a mind f at first to try to take a big drop standing, knowing you're going to eat it. Most people never get past that.
This is a great description. Also learning to read the sets isn’t something that comes naturally to someone who didn’t grow up in the ocean.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
More worried about cam and mcaffrey this week, will deal with rams when we get there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Lived in SoCal for over 11 years and I never considered surfing. Looks too hard and with my clumsiness, I’d more likely hit my head on the board than do something of note on the waves

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More worried about cam and mcaffrey this week, will deal with rams when we get there.

Cam won't play. He's never played for Rhule or Brady and doesn't know the playbook. At best he would have one day with it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Body shaming humor is so flippin 1990s. People need to do better.
Naw not trying to be funny, just stating the general unattractiveness of people in Wisconsin vs Los Angeles and the horrible weather there.

Furthermore, its not really directed at an individual person either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard