Notre Dame @ Arizona State

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True, however if ASU loses to the Kitties, any hope of a miracle is gone. It's a must-win game for ASU and in that sense, it's a playoff game for the Devils...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they lose to anyone from here on out all hopes of a playoff appearance are done, but that pretty much applies to everyone.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, Brian Kelly is a penis face. That postgame press conference was ludicrous. Couldn't give ASU the least amount of credit, lectures a reporter for asking if they were "flat" (uh, 31-3 coach...) and then throws his QB under the bus for the turnovers.

Seriously, what a grade A asshat that guy is.

No kidding. I was watching that and just laughed. Really laughed at Kelly's visor. Really?? He gave zero credit to the batter balls and no stop pressure the defense asu gave Golston. Did things happen to go our way, yep, but it wasn't because the Devils were just sitting back and waiting for it to be thrown at them. They brought the house so many times. I would be furious with 5 turnovers as well, but I would credit the defense at least. It was very classless of him. I always thought he had class til then

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If they lose to anyone from here on out all hopes of a playoff appearance are done, but that pretty much applies to everyone.

For sure... and I shouldn't have jumped too far ahead as I was assuming wins in our next 2 games. Playing at Oregon State won't be fun... At home against Washington State should be a no-brainer though...

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Pac12 really needs ASU and Oregon to win out and play each other in the championship game to have their best shot at making it to the CFB playoffs. That would make the Pac12 championship game a de facto playoff game as the winner would move on and the loser would go to a consolation bowl.
The worst case scenario would be a 2 loss team winning the championship which would all but eliminate the Pac12 champion from the final four.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For sure... and I shouldn't have jumped too far ahead as I was assuming wins in our next 2 games. Playing at Oregon State won't be fun... At home against Washington State should be a no-brainer though...

Oregon State is at the bottom of the Pac 12 north and just lost at home to Washington State. This could definitely be a trap game if they aren't focused.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad part for the PAC south is they are all still fighting it out. Oregon has pretty much wrapped up the north (barring a complete meltdown) because it's terrible except them. Plus they play Colorado and Oregon st, so that's 2 automatic wins. I'm sure that Levi stadium will be 75% Oregon fans bc they are buying up all the tickets already. Basically a home game for them. 4 of the 6 south teams ranked in top 25. USC right there as well

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bad part for the PAC south is they are all still fighting it out. Oregon has pretty much wrapped up the north (barring a complete meltdown) because it's terrible except them. Plus they play Colorado and Oregon st, so that's 2 automatic wins. I'm sure that Levi stadium will be 75% Oregon fans bc they are buying up all the tickets already. Basically a home game for them. 4 of the 6 south teams ranked in top 25. USC right there as well

Oregon clinched the north Saturday night. But, I didn't think the Pac-12 Championship tickets are up for sale yet? I don't think it's possible the Oregon fans are already buying up the tix...

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon clinched the north Saturday night. But, I didn't think the Pac-12 Championship tickets are up for sale yet? I don't think it's possible the Oregon fans are already buying up the tix...

Didn't know that being that it is at neutral site for the first time. Guess you are right. I just heard someone say that today about Oregon already a shoe in for the north and had the advantage to knowing they are in it.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't know that being that it is at neutral site for the first time. Guess you are right. I just heard someone say that today about Oregon already a shoe in for the north and had the advantage to knowing they are in it.

They can book hotel rooms and flights but they can't buy tickets.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding. I was watching that and just laughed. Really laughed at Kelly's visor. Really?? He gave zero credit to the batter balls and no stop pressure the defense asu gave Golston. Did things happen to go our way, yep, but it wasn't because the Devils were just sitting back and waiting for it to be thrown at them. They brought the house so many times. I would be furious with 5 turnovers as well, but I would credit the defense at least. It was very classless of him. I always thought he had class til then

He was such a jerk that if I had a kid being recruited by Notre Dame, I would not want him to play there. Gholston was in the top two of Heisman talk before that game, yet Kelly said they had a great game plan (pumping up himself) and said Gholston didn't take care of the ball like he was coached to do.

Unbelievable. A coach should have the back of his best player when they have a tough day. The INT into the endzone was bad, and the fumble was not good either. But the other three INTs just happened to fall the right way for ASU and two were due to great efforts by Cherry and Hardiston.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard