Notre Dame @ Arizona State

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just lookin over the stats now, didn't realize DJ Foster had so many yard, 120 on 21 carries, awesome! Richard looked extremely tough out there too, 50 yards rushing, 51 yards receiving

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
50 burger!! Nice job ASU.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn't ASU have a better shot of making it to the playoffs if they beat a highly ranked Oregon team rather than one that was already beat by Arizona and Utah?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't ASU have a better shot of making it to the playoffs if they beat a highly ranked Oregon team rather than one that was already beat by Arizona and Utah?

I suppose that is true. And if they lose to Oregon in either case they are out. So Oregon might as well be highly ranked when they play them.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far, looks like we should at least move up to #6 in the rankings w/ Auburn, Kansas State, and Michigan State losing

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
With Bama pulling out the W, we should be a shoe in for the 6th slot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So far, looks like we should at least move up to #6 in the rankings w/ Auburn, TCU, and Michigan State losing

Kansas State lost, not TCU.

It depends on how far they drop Auburn. I would guess losing to A&M would drop them out of the top 6 but you never know.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an awesome, and bizarre, game. One of the weirdest football games I've ever been to. Starts off normal... two long drives by each team for a FG. Then, it's totally ASU until right before the half. Second half, it was completely ND up to 34-31. And, honestly, they should've been ahead without the horrible INT Golston threw when they were at the 4 yard line and the snap dropped by their FG holder. Just when it looks like ASU is in big trouble..... BAM BAM BAM and all of the sudden it's a 55-31 blowout win for the Devils.

Oh, and Hardiston and Fiso were incredible.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, Brian Kelly is a penis face. That postgame press conference was ludicrous. Couldn't give ASU the least amount of credit, lectures a reporter for asking if they were "flat" (uh, 31-3 coach...) and then throws his QB under the bus for the turnovers.

Seriously, what a grade A asshat that guy is.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ASU is going to the playoff. Unless they falter at U of A.
That game (the Territorial Cup) has suffered for years just not having any real meaning other than being a local rivalry game.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, both teams were really good at the same time, and the game had national import. Hasn't been the case at all in recent memory, but imagine a 10-1 ASU team vs a 9-2 U of A team, for the South title, a spot in the playoff on the line possibly, and all eyes on the game around the country.

It'll be intensity we haven't seen in many years.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That game (the Territorial Cup) has suffered for years just not having any real meaning other than being a local rivalry game.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, both teams were really good at the same time, and the game had national import. Hasn't been the case at all in recent memory, but imagine a 10-1 ASU team vs a 9-2 U of A team, for the South title, a spot in the playoff on the line possibly, and all eyes on the game around the country.

It looks like TCU and Florida State don't play anyone for the rest of the year, so they may get in for two of the spots. Alabama and Mississippi State play each other next week, and there will also be an SEC title game, so one of those teams may get eliminated.

So the big hurdles for us would be Arizona and, if we get past them, then Oregon in the PAC 12 title game. Arizona is playing well again and anything can happen down in the Territorial Cup. That is going to be a toss up battle in my view. Then Oregon would be extremely tough in the title game. So this is possible, but a real up hill battle.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Will be a great game to watch if it comes down to that.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

A playoff spot won't be on the line in that game because there will still be the Pac12 championship game with Oregon to contend with. Also there is no chance of a two loss team from the Pac 12 making the playoffs. It's just not going to happen.

Reaction score
Hate these uniforms/helmets. Doesn't feel like the Devils are even playing.

I agree completely. Just wear Maroon and Gold. SMH. Not a fan of teams having multiple uniforms that incorporate colors outside of their primary colors so much so that their primary colors are barely noticeable.

:lame:
:doi: The desert fuel uniforms are great! Excellent execution of concept. Compared to, for example, UCLA's grey uniforms - now those were freakin' terrible.

I will tell you one thing I don't like though. I see that ASU has started putting the small "accomplishment or reward" stickers on helmets; I have always hated that idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Will be a great game to watch if it comes down to that.
Something that I very, very rarely do, but I am calling it now - ASU is going to smoke U of A.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
A playoff spot won't be on the line in that game because there will still be the Pac12 championship game with Oregon to contend with. Also there is no chance of a two loss team from the Pac 12 making the playoffs. It's just not going to happen.

True, however if ASU loses to the Kitties, any hope of a miracle is gone. It's a must-win game for ASU and in that sense, it's a playoff game for the Devils...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk