Non-homer question on the Floyd PI call

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in your opinion Flod didn't shove him? :shrug:

When I watched it live, no, I didnt see a shove. Accoring to the posts it happened. I had to drive to my cousins during halftime to find out their tv wasnt working and had to watch in SD in a bedroom - maybe thats why.

Either way, when I saw it it looked like he just ran the guy over because the guy stopped. Sounds like thats not accurate.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People sure get uppity and rude after a loss eh?

The play I think you are talking about is the one where floyd was running, watching the ball and ran over the defender in the process. I did not see this as a blatent shove as shane pointed out, I saw it as him running, not looking at the defender and having his hands out while doing so.

IMO - if you are watching the ball and run into someone, it shouldnt be your ffault. How would floyd even know a defender was right there if he is looking the other way? If its this way CB's might as well just stop running and stand in the WR way once he turns his head.

The other one as well to roberts, the guy was holding him down so he couldnt jump.

Regardless, maybe not everyone watched as intently as you or didnt have the ability to instant replay it 5 times, dont really see that as a reason to belittle and post condensendingly toward another poster.

imo.

:thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The play I think you are talking about is the one where floyd was running, watching the ball and ran over the defender in the process. I did not see this as a blatent shove as shane pointed out, I saw it as him running, not looking at the defender and having his hands out while doing so.

IMO - if you are watching the ball and run into someone, it shouldnt be your ffault. How would floyd even know a defender was right there if he is looking the other way? If its this way CB's might as well just stop running and stand in the WR way once he turns his head.

The other one as well to roberts, the guy was holding him down so he couldnt jump.

Regardless, maybe not everyone watched as intently as you or didnt have the ability to instant replay it 5 times, dont really see that as a reason to belittle and post condensendingly toward another poster.

imo.

Reaction score

imo.

When I watched it live, no, I didnt see a shove. Accoring to the posts it happened. I had to drive to my cousins during halftime to find out their tv wasnt working and had to watch in SD in a bedroom - maybe thats why.

Either way, when I saw it it looked like he just ran the guy over because the guy stopped. Sounds like thats not accurate.

This is exactly what I seen.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I saw was a guy who was not looking for the ball, crossing our guys path and our guy who is supposed to have a fair lane to the ball was impeded and made contact. It was clearly not a OPI, but a DPI. The horrible refs must have only saw the push and nothing else.

But Vernon Davis pushed off earlier and it wasn't called.

If that wasn't it, look at the rest of the series. There was a DPI on all the subsequent plays. One would of rightfully been a no call as it was ticky tacky, but overall we were screwed out of a TD, they weren't, and they then missed blatant PI calls on subsequent plays. It was a double standard all game long.

The refs messed up the spot where the Niners challenged it badly. The refs cost the card about 20 seconds from their idiocy during the last two minutes. You tell me how we have 1st down at the 2:00, and then we don't have 2nd down snapped at about 1:19 or so. The refs kept stopping play because they were idiots and then would wind it...stop it...wind it...all the time we're losing precious seconds.

At least we get to play the Niners again, and this time at home.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/eEO6OwJ8kHc
looks like he grabbed the cornerback's facemask too

curious what Floyd did with his left hand

it looks like Brown suddenly realized that the ball was going inside and short, and he moves to cut Floyd's path off

if Floyds left hand simply swam over the CBs head, its probably not OPI -- its just the handfighting you see on pretty much every long pass -- and given the change in Brown's path, he likely falls down even if Floyd doesn't touch him

but if Floyd caught the facemask in getting his left hand free -- then its pretty clearly OPI

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who see that and doesn't think its a clear case of OPI is having some homerism to the max for the home team.
You are incorrect, because if Boldin does that stuff all the time and gets away with it and you know it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Live I thought OPI for sure. I'm still pretty convinced it was but not as bad as I originally thought. Live it looked like Floyd just threw him down. That replay you can't see where the left hand is the whole time but it sure looks like it was on the facemask.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, buddy. That response proves that:

wait for it:

:iwin:

And prove that he doesn't push off and that you wouldn't care.

First off WR's push off all the time with no calls. The difference he is that wasn't just a simple push like the light tap you put up reference Boldin. And your right if Boldin was on the cards and he got a no call I wouldn't care I also wouldn't care if Floyd got a no call. But he did and it was the right call clear as day.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Major league shove by Floyd. Could be used in a training film. Floyd will have to unlearn his Notre Dame habits. He got away with those in South Bend. Loved the effort.