No option to trade down, so would you go Will Anderson or Jalen Carter?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I´ll go 1 step further in predicting that both will be available to us. And if our new GM picks Carter, he will then in R2 pick an OLman. If he picks Anderson, he will follow that up by taking a DB. If he trades back, he is betting on how deep he feels this draft is, as well as maybe thinking further into our future.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doug Farrar, NFL Editor for USA Today had the Cards picking Carter in his latest mock. At least one guru agrees with me.
If the Bears don’t trade out of 1, I still think they’ll take Anderson & Carter is there for us. But would we pick him or trade down? Anybody’s guess.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Doug Farrar, NFL Editor for USA Today had the Cards picking Carter in his latest mock. At least one guru agrees with me.
I'm an Anderson guy, but the Cardinals would be crazy to pass on Carter as well.

He singlehandedly changes how offenses have to block. If you don't have a double ready he is going to punish you. Watch the Ohio State game and see him win over and over against multiple players who will be day one and day two picks.

Again I like Anderson better, but thats only because I will almost always go with known production over projected production. Anderson and Carters grades should be about even, so I go with the guy who made more direct plays.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Because the Cards had such a crappy season, they should get a great player (Anderson or Carter) in round 1 and very good players in round 2 and 3. Fortunately a new GM will be making the picks, so there’s hope the draft will not get screwed up and we won’t be drafting unknown players from schools that don’t play competitive schedules. At least that’s my hope.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We need an impact player on the Dline for sure.

I am against trading down unless Carter/Anderson are gone (not very likely) or we can trade down one spot and still get one of them. Colts may be looking to move up 1 spot to get the last QB.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We have 5 picks in the first 105 picks.

We need to walk away with an impact player on the DL (Anderson or Carter).
A starting OL or 2.
We do need a starting RB
Will need another CB if we lose Murphy
Will need a bigger WR if Hopkins is gone

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We need an impact player on the Dline for sure.

I am against trading down unless Carter/Anderson are gone (not very likely) or we can trade down one spot and still get one of them. Colts may be looking to move up 1 spot to get the last QB.
Would you be willing to trade down one spot if both of them are on the board at 3?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I would be surprised if at least one of the Bears/Cardinals does not trade down.
Bears will trade down. Here’s what Jeremiah said about Carter, “I’m sure the Bears would love to trade out of this pick. If that option isn’t available -- or the offers fail to meet their asking price -- Carter would be an immediate difference-maker on all three downs.”

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If I were a new GM I’d grab the sure thing. If he trades down, he’d better be right or his reputation will suffer for years. He’d batter be certain he can identify an impact player later in the draft. I’d have to have a specific player in mind to take that chance.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If both Carter and Anderson are gone yes I am fine with trading down no more than 3-4 spots with hopefully another one in exchange or a 2 and 3 this year. Nice DE or OL options still there.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
If the drunk was still doing the drafting, I'd be worried neither would be the pick. But if Anderson is there you take him and run. Don't let 2022 fool you, the dude was a legit Heisman candidate in 2021. I like Carter too but I like Georgia's entire defensive line too, a lot. It's nice to be talking about two of the best semi pro players and building a line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We have 5 picks in the first 105 picks.

We need to walk away with an impact player on the DL (Anderson or Carter).
Agreed.
A starting OL or 2.
This might be tough to do.
We do need a starting RB
Will need another CB if we lose Murphy
Will need a bigger WR if Hopkins is gone
I don't really think the Cardinals need a starting RB. Another RB? Sure, but you can find one later.

Agree they could use a CB.

WR is kind of weak this year after the top guys.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have of recent leaned now to Anderson though initially I said Carter, because those big linemen have a greater chance of being out of shape by putting on too much weight and a bust for where they are drafted but still like Carter and would be happy with either guy

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
With Carter, the problem is production. If he's so good why was his production so very, very low? It isn't like great college DTs don't put up numbers. Folks are likening him to Aaron Donald, but Donald put up the numbers and Carter very much didn't. That makes me want to pass on him, unless this problem can be adequately explained. That's a bust predictor right there.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Carter, the problem is production. If he's so good why was his production so very, very low? It isn't like great college DTs don't put up numbers. Folks are likening him to Aaron Donald, but Donald put up the numbers and Carter very much didn't. That makes me want to pass on him, unless this problem can be adequately explained. That's a bust predictor right there.
This team needs an impact player. Carter doesn’t set off fireworks even if he plays well. Anderson on the other hand will wow the fans if he comes in and plays like Hutchinson.
It appears we really can’t go wrong with either player.
It comes down to how you want to rebuild. Is there another pass rusher in the 2nd round if we were to draft Carter? If it were me I’d take the pass rusher and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA