NFL's "Random" Drug Testing

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So Connor thinks his awesome play initiated a random test? haha

He's been solid, but nothing jumps out to say, hey let's test that guy!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Connor thinks his awesome play initiated a random test? haha

He's been solid, but nothing jumps out to say, hey let's test that guy!
If I am reading the quote right, Connor was tested in back to back weeks.
Watt got tested after his 3 sack game.
AJ Brown got tested 1 day after his 3TD game earlier this year. This really isn't 'random.'

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
If I am reading the quote right, Connor was tested in back to back weeks.
Watt got tested after his 3 sack game.
AJ Brown got tested 1 day after his 3TD game earlier this year. This really isn't 'random.'
Maybe...Just funny that Connor is throwing it out there. His play hasn't been anything special to warrant a test, so including him in his argument doesn't compute.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Removed from random testing topic, Connor has played his freaking arse off with basically no blocking at all. Is there someplace one can go to see how many broken tackles a back had in a game, because in this last couple of games he has played hard and seems to seldom go down till the third of fourth contact. Yeah, he is slow as rocks, but he is the most punishing back we have had since forever

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Removed from random testing topic, Connor has played his freaking arse off with basically no blocking at all. Is there someplace one can go to see how many broken tackles a back had in a game, because in this last couple of games he has played hard and seems to seldom go down till the third of fourth contact. Yeah, he is slow as rocks, but he is the most punishing back we have had since forever
According to the stats, he's had 3 broken tackles in 2022...He had 19 in 2021.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
According to the stats, he's had 3 broken tackles in 2022...He had 19 in 2021.

Well, whoever is doing the stats needs to include dragging opposing players while churring into a mass of defenders. That touchdown alone against the Patriots proves my point and shatters that misconception of just '3' broken tackles so far
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If random tests aren't random, then that is a violation of the CBA. Even if you have 'nothing to worry about.'
Ya but who cares outside of the players? As a fan, I could care less if the team is drug tested weekly. It’s really not a big deal.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya but who cares outside of the players? As a fan, I could care less if the team is drug tested weekly. It’s really not a big deal.
Me.

To me, that attitude is equivalent to saying, 'If black people would just behave, they wouldn't get pulled over or harassed.'