NFLPA composing proposal for ‘less punitive’ approach to marijuana use

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest take away that I got from reading this is that DWashout is a total pothead. I knew this but did not know just how much of an idiot he is. He had to test positive a bunch of times to get suspended for a year and then life.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are the laws in Italy?

Here professional players are not keen on smoking weed, but is prohibited the use
I guess just few has been positive to cocaine and disqualified for a year
Sanctions are more unflexible with illegal substance ,doping( anabolic steroids, stimulants)manipulation,gene doping,which increase the performance and cheating and deception the competition

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here professional players are not keen on smoking weed, but is prohibited the use
I guess just few has been positive to cocaine and disqualified for a year
Sanctions are more unflexible with illegal substance ,doping( anabolic steroids, stimulants)manipulation,gene doping,which increase the performance and cheating and deception the competition

How are the laws for Italy in general? What if you were caught with it at home, jail time, fines?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How are the laws for Italy in general? What if you were caught with it at home, jail time, fines?
For personal use u dont get any sanctions
But in the case u are driving under influence u get license suspension from 1year, penalty from 1500 to 6000 euro
If u are not driving and u use it are not so strict to be honest
Is not Amsterdam but even if some people ( very few)smoke outside and even if should be a violation, nobody will arrest u for this, also if they find u with couple of plants in the balcony u dont go through any sanctions
If u have a certain amount, than the violation is traficking and obviously is punished by laws
Small traficking maximum 6 years of jail
Big traficking 20 years

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pretty libertarian on the issue but if it's illegal then it's illegal and should still be banned by the league. Doesn't matter if it's legal in some states, the NFL is a national brand. However, sanctions should only be sought if a player is arrested with weed in his possession. Drug tests IMO should be limited to performance enhancing drugs and unprescribed opiates meaning THC shouldn't even be something to be tested for. I mean, on what planet does weed enhance anyone's performance? Hell, some of the greatest professional athletes of all time were raging alcoholics. If a guy likes to get it in once in a while, who cares?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson