News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Reportedly he has been AWFUL in interviews. Would you hire an OC as HC who: 1) doesn't actually call the plays 2) interviews terribly ??

Not to mention he kind of has a sloppy look to his appearance which will also do you no favors when seeking employment.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of QB issues, Washington does have some talent. A good OC will do ok there.
Outside of the most important position on the offense everythung is good? Sorry… if you have terrible QBs, you don’t have an offense, especially when that offense only has one very good WR and mediocrity everywhere else.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. The idea that the NFL has somehow decided to draw a moral line at Bienemy, who admittedly had some ugly moments and allegedly ugly moments is laughable.

The fact that he has to go prove himself… with an AWFUL franchise, mind you… with an owner who basically kidnapped and pimped out women agaibst their will is unbelievably questionable as to the reasons why he gets zero credit.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Like Kaep has been awful at tryouts? People will say whatever they want to justify their decisions—especially under scrutiny.
Apparently there has been over 10 who felt that justified their decisions and yeah, of course you will justify your decision and why you do something or not

Reactions: PJ1

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
How? Why?
He’s a fan boy that got backstage. All he did was talk about how every player was amazing and a HOFer.

Dude added nothing of value in any clip I saw.

Hard Knocks showed other coaches actually teaching. He taught absolutely nothing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Outside of the most important position on the offense everythung is good? Sorry… if you have terrible QBs, you don’t have an offense, especially when that offense only has one very good WR and mediocrity everywhere else.
They have a good OL, good RBs, good receivers. Coaching could make a huge difference there. It remains to be seen whether Bienemy is any good or if he's just Reid's version of Leftwich.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Reportedly he has been AWFUL in interviews. Would you hire an OC as HC who: 1) doesn't actually call the plays 2) interviews terribly ??

Not to mention he kind of has a sloppy look to his appearance which will also do you no favors when seeking employment.
Lol@ sloppy. He looked cleaned up at his hiring in Washington

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah the whole "he doesn't have a job because racism" narrative is bunk.

He's interviewed for the Jets twice and they have a minority HC.

People keep saying "Why Nagy and Pederson but not EB?" as if just having success as OC means you should be a HC.

We said ourselves during our own search that the things that make a great HC are not evident in your coaching record.

Rumor is EBs interviews have been poor and he doesn't show those qualities.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is phenomenal? Rivera has been mediocre like the mediocre coach he is.
Their d is good,
He’s a fan boy that got backstage. All he did was talk about how every player was amazing and a HOFer.

Dude added nothing of value in any clip I saw.

Hard Knocks showed other coaches actually teaching. He taught absolutely nothing.
Fair enough. I was already so disgusted with the team after the first episode that I never tuned back in. Only the Cardinals could make you skip a show you’ve watched every episode of for over a decade when the come on.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the concern, or rather potential problem, people being hired a step above the ladder for what we want them for. For instance, Petz has shown to be great with a QB, but then should be the QB coach and not exactly the OC and the list of possible premature upgrades goes on. Now Gannon I can accept, because I was seeing the possibility of an intense leader of men with the ability to manage a game and not exactly the DC
From what I’ve read, pretty sure Petz has coached many different positions on both sides of the ball. Many think he’s a future HC in the NFL. Browns fans actually liked the job he did & Browns fans normally hate ALL their coaches.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
All the hires are nobody (I know everybody is nobody until they become somebody). Looks like not a lot of talent or money with the organization to lure better candidates?
It sounds like NFL people thought these guys were on the shortlist for many other teams. i don‘t think these hires have much to do with money or getting spurned by better targets (With the possible exception of Sean Payton). Time will tell if they pan out, but that would be the same for anyone including Payton.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All the hires are nobody (I know everybody is nobody until they become somebody). Looks like not a lot of talent or money with the organization to lure better candidates?

Such as who?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know how many assistant coaches there are in the NFL? And then former? For current and former OCs and DCs alone, 32 x 4 = 128. Then position coaches at least another 256. Then relevant former is another 200+.

So there are well over 500 or so relevant coaches available at a time. You know about 4 of them.

:rolleyes: :biglaugh:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the salaries of these young guys will be

Is part of it low cost to save MB money since he's on the hook for 3 contracts right now?

Or are they competitive so we a path to keep them if this all work out?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do you know how many assistant coaches there are in the NFL? And then former? For current and former OCs and DCs alone, 32 x 4 = 128. Then position coaches another 256. Then relevant former is another 200+.

So there's over 500 or so relevant coaches available at a time. You know about 4 of them.

:rolleyes: :biglaugh:
Yeah it kind of reminds me of when posters want the Cardinals to hire an experienced HC. Adam Gase was an experienced HC when he was hired by the Jets. Most former HC are former HC for a reason.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The position coaches are possibly the toughest to fill.

Teams can refuse lateral moves so your looking at either QCs in their first job. College guys. Or retreads that other teams released.

There is the odd stud out there like Munchak but it's going to be tough to find 10 good position coaches.