New Stoudemire trade rumors with BOS and WSH

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just read on KTAR that Washington might offer Caron Butler and their 5th pick for Amare, plus some fillers such as Blache. This sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

Jordon Hill is projected to be the #5 pick, he is playing in Arizona, how do you guys like him? According to scout report, 6-10, 235lbs, excellent rebounder, good defender, accurate mid-range jumper, sounds like the best thing we could have in place of Amare?

Caron Butler is a consistent scorer, good rebounder for a wing, solid one-on-one defender, not a good 3p shooter though.

I'd prefer McGee over Blatche, even though Blatche has better numbers, I have been hoping the Suns could get him ever since they bypassed him in the draft for Lopez. I also like Nick Young but Caron Butler would be a coupe.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Butler is one of my faves and I'm definitely DOWN for that Wizards deal.

Suns get their 20 point 7 rebound 3 assists 2 steal guy from Caron Butler at the 2/3 positions.

Then have chance to draft Jordan Hill, who looks to be a NBA starter caliber forward. Then get Blatche who can be a running big man with Nash.
Lopez will improve also and Dragic... so the Suns look competitive on paper anyways.

Gimme that trade.

Why for Wizards?

C: Haywood
PF: Stoudemire
SF: Antawn Jamison
SG: Nick Young?
PG: Arenas

That can matchup with Cavs and Celtics and Magic.
You have your quick forward to isolate against the Cavs.
You have your high scoring punch to break down Celtics defense.
And you have a player who can trade points with Howard to neutralize him, and Stoudemire seems to play "above average" defense against him as if to prove something.

Haywood gives Stoudemire a decent rebounder/shot blocker guy. Antawn Jamison at the "3" is a mismatch against most teams. And a young player in Nick Young to be given a role.

I'm thinking Wizards will try to milk Suns to include a "SG" in that trade, maybe ask for Barbosa. They will have to add Nick Young and maybe a future pick if they do.
Arenas will put up 25 points and 8+ assists in that team.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Better yet.... Give them Richardson and ask for Nick Young and 2011 unprotected pick + fillers.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Here is the article : http://ktar.com/?sid=1175731&nid=624

According to this, Washington will let us pick one among McGee, Blache, and Nick Young. Since we are going to draft Jordan Hill, I wonder what's the point to get McGee or Blache, unless we could unload Robin Lopez. Blache is not a good defender at all, his rebounding rate is not impressive either. I don't know much about McGee. Nick Young is a talent young wing, but I'm afaird we don't have place for him, our 2-3 is really crowded.

If Caron Butler comes, we won't keep Barnes, or at least, won't offer him much money. That'll be pity. Can we unload J.Rich in another deal? For an experienced PG, and cap space. Then we can keep Barnes, I would really like to see Butler + Barnes starting together, Hill + Barbosa + Dudley back them up, we are very deep and strong at 2-3.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is the article : http://ktar.com/?sid=1175731&nid=624

According to this, Washington will let us pick one among McGee, Blache, and Nick Young. Since we are going to draft Jordan Hill, I wonder what's the point to get McGee or Blache, unless we could unload Robin Lopez. Blache is not a good defender at all, his rebounding rate is not impressive either. I don't know much about McGee. Nick Young is a talent young wing, but I'm afaird we don't have place for him, our 2-3 is really crowded.

If Caron Butler comes, we won't keep Barnes, or at least, won't offer him much money. That'll be pity. Can we unload J.Rich in another deal? For an experienced PG, and cap space. Then we can keep Barnes, I would really like to see Butler + Barnes starting together, Hill + Barbosa + Dudley back them up, we are very deep and strong at 2-3.

There is no guarantee we will get Hill, he could go among the Top 4 picks behind Griffin, Rubio & Thabeet. So I would pick Butler & McGee and use the #5 on Hill if he's there if not take the BPA.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Hill would be such a waste of a #5 pick. He is going to be a good role player but that is it.

He will only go at #5 because this draft lacks depth at Center and Power Forward.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would do Stoudemire for Butler, McGee/Blatche and the #5 in a heartbeat, especially if we got to keep the #14. Let's face it folks Stoudemire is not in the plans for the future of the Suns. Last night during Game 1, a Phoenix Suns season ticket commercial came on and Stoudemire was not in it. Nash, Shaq, and Hill were the main features.

Besides the Washington deal, I'd also explore a trade with Golden State for Biedrins, Randolph and the #7.

I'm pretty sure that if we get a decent offer for Stoudemire this summer, he'll be gone.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Trading Amare and getting back a player like Caron in addition to Blatche and the 5th pick is a pretty nice package for a player that is going to hit free agency.

Caron gives the Suns a star player to build around. Blatche is still young, locked up and has tons of skills he just hasnt panned out yet. The 5th pick is another nice spot to be in should Harden fall. If not why not steal Curry from D'Antoni?

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we happened to acquire the #5 pick and kept #14 then who would yall want us to draft with each of the picks?

I would be satisfied with DeRozan, Evans, Hill, Harden, Holiday, and Curry (no way I would have said that a few weeks ago) at 5.

I would be satisfied with Flynn (won't be there though), Jennings, Clark, or Johnson (and obviously any of the above if they fell) at 14.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we happened to acquire the #5 pick and kept #14 then who would yall want us to pick draft with each of the picks?

I would be satisfied with DeRozan, Evans, Hill, Harden, Holiday, and Curry (no way I would have said that a few weeks ago) at 5.

I would be satisfied with Flynn (won't be there though), Jennings, Clark, or Johnson (and obviously any of the above if they fell) at 14.

Assuming that we get Butler & McGee,

#4 - PF Jordan Hill / PG Stephen Curry

If we keep Shaq and let him walk next year we will need to replace him, slide McGee to C and start Hill at PF, could learn from Shaq for a year.

If Hill is gone then I say Curry, would allow Gentry to rest Nash 20 minutes a game.

#14 - C BJ Mullens / PG Brandon Jennings

Can never have too many big men with potential, would allow us to keep McGee at PF. This is assuming we don't get Hill.

If we get Hill then Jennings is the guy. Flynn and Curry will be the second and 3rd PG's taken after Rubio and I don't see 4 teams in need of a PG unless someone trades up. Jennings is my candidate to drop and would be a steal at #14.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize that Rondo has some character concerns... per hoopsworld:

"He's stubborn," Ainge told ESPN's Jackie MacMullen. "He doesn't always take direction well. He's very bright and knows what he needs to do to be successful. But sometimes he doesn't understand what the team needs to be successful."

Doc Rivers expressed similar sentiments, which he directed at Rondo himself earlier this season.

"Do you know your teammates hate playing with you? ... The point guard has to be the guy that brings energy to the team. You can't be the guy that sucks it away. Your moodiness is affecting us. Change it."

I would be irate if the Suns made made a deal for Rondo and/or Allen.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If it were me and Caron was acquired for Amare it would be awfuly tempting to go after Harden/Curry and Earl Clark/Jennings.

It would be difficuly to pass on Hill, but adding front court depth shouldnt be an issue with the ability to move Richardon, Shaq, or Barbosa if the right deal comes up.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Hill is too thin to make an impact for at least 2-3 years. Pass

And this Kaman talk is making my head hurt.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hill is too thin to make an impact for at least 2-3 years. Pass

And this Kaman talk is making my head hurt.

Amare and Hill are almost the exact same size coming into the draft. Amare was 233 lbs. and Hill is 232 lbs.

However, I do agree that Hill is still pretty raw and wont be a big contributor for a few years offensively. He is still a very active and athletic big man who would grab some rebounds.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
#5 DeRozan and #14 Jennings would be the best combination we could hope for if we had those picks. But neither DeRozan being there are #5 is a given and especially not Jennings at #14 although draftexpress dropped him to #13 recently.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it were me and Caron was acquired for Amare it would be awfuly tempting to go after Harden/Curry and Earl Clark/Jennings.

It would be difficuly to pass on Hill, but adding front court depth shouldnt be an issue with the ability to move Richardon, Shaq, or Barbosa if the right deal comes up.

The only way I would be okay with passing on Hill at #5 is if we trade Shaq for Tyson Chandler. Chandler at C and McGee at PF would give us a young combo that are tied up for another couple of years. Then I would consider guys like Earl Clark, Demar Derozen or Stephen Curry at #5 and BJ Mullens @ #14 for depth behind Chandler and McGee.

Also for those who feel that we should let everyone expire at make a run in the 2010 FA class consider that there will be a number of teams with ample cap space and the way our Big 3 are bashing management then we might not be able to attract the big names.

Trade both Shaq & Amare, see if Steve will stay after we get our new pieces, if not trade him and get something in return if he doesn't plan on staying.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Caron Butler is already 29. Not exactly the player to be the cornerstone of a rebuidling franchise.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Besides the Washington deal, I'd also explore a trade with Golden State for Biedrins, Randolph and the #7.

If we deal Amare I think Biedrens, Randolph and #7 would be great.

Shaq
Biedrens
Hill
J-Rich
Nash

Barbosa
Randolph
Dudley
Dragic

Go BPA with the picks.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Caron Butler is already 29. Not exactly the player to be the cornerstone of a rebuidling franchise.

I don't think he has to be. We have already seemingly decided that Amare is not the cornerstone to our franchise and if he is going to walk in 2010 then Caron, Blatche, and #5 are a whole lot better start for us then either getting nothing in return or some of the moves talked about at the deadline that revolved around guys like Tyrus Thomas. I think Butler would be a very good piece to the rebuilding puzzle along with Blatche and the #5 pick and #14 pick. I just don't see us being able to get much more value than that out of Amare taking into account his injury history and the fact that he has one year left on his deal. It's a place to start.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We have already seemingly decided that Amare is not the cornerstone to our franchise and if he is going to walk in 2010 then Caron, Blatche, and #5 are a whole lot better start for us then either getting nothing in return or some of the moves talked about at the deadline

Well that's true. If Butler is seen as just part of the package rather than the centerpiece, it makes more sense. You're probably right that no one is going to give up a bigger star than Butler, a more appealing young talent than Blatche, or a higher draft pick than #5. If the Suns could get all three of those, they would be doing well.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score

But we could get a pair of young players (in Blatche/McGee and the #5), and a player in Butler who, while he might not be better than Amare on an individual level, is better for the team. I don't think that we'll miss his scoring that much, because between Butler, J-Rich, Shaq, and Nash, we'll have plenty of scoring options. We will, however, benefit from Butler's perimeter D.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Butler, Blatche, #5 for Amare is a good deal, as Butler could be a very good 2nd/3rd option in a Celtics big-3 version of championship team and #5 has a good chance to turn in another 2nd/3rd option.

But the idea of trading Amare for solid (def.) Cs as centerpiece like Biedrin, Camby, Kaman, Chandler makes not much sense if your goal is not just mediocricy. These kind of players could be had a lot easier and even just via FA like Chandler, Camby etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen