Arizona Cardinals Voluntary OTAs week. 05/20/24-05/26/24

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know there are many offseason workouts, some voluntary some not. And I'm wondering if there is one when we can read/hear that one, or more, of our draft picks are looking good or bad? Or do we have to wait for TC?
Our reporters usually don't write much in the offseason. The Cardinals get less than a fifth of the offseason coverage of some of the college programs I follow.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our reporters usually don't write much in the offseason. The Cardinals get less than a fifth of the offseason coverage of some of the college programs I follow.
Thanks. But I'm wondering, that even if we were getting coverage is there any way that the reporter would know if someone was playing well since there is no hitting? Maybe WR's making a catch or a DB knocking down a pass.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As if any GM should be able to turn around a franchise run as ineptly as Steve Keim did in the blink of an eye. Would you expect a HC to take a 3 win team and make them instant winners?

Bill Polian was 4-12 in his first season at the Bills. Ozzie Newsome was 4-12 in his first year as GM.

It's just obvious nonsense.

Exhibit C: Bill Walsh @ SF: 2-14, 6-10, 13-3 & SB Champions.

That 4-win season last year was actually quite entertaining IMHO, and the change in culture was immediately apparent - just like it was for Walsh's first team in SF. Takes a couple of years to fill out your roster and complete the transformation to a winning program. From what we've seen so far, I think the future looks very bright.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bruh AI must be writing headlines for AZCentral now, because every time I read this dang tweet it makes less sense. The modifier is misplaced, to begin with.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Exhibit C: Bill Walsh @ SF: 2-14, 6-10, 13-3 & SB Champions.

That 4-win season last year was actually quite entertaining IMHO, and the change in culture was immediately apparent - just like it was for Walsh's first team in SF. Takes a couple of years to fill out your roster and complete the transformation to a winning program. From what we've seen so far, I think the future looks very bright.
Yo if your examples are from:

38 Years ago (Polian)
28 Years ago (Newsome)
55 Years ago (Walsh)

You may be taking your template from black swan events.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Bruh AI must be writing headlines for AZCentral now, because every time I read this dang tweet it makes less sense. The modifier is misplaced, to begin with.
I wonder if AI will know not to use an apostrophe when making a word plural.

Almost no other English-speaking person on the planet seems to understand that any longer.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder if AI will know not to use an apostrophe when making a word plural.

Almost no other English-speaking person on the planet seems to understand that any longer.
I think u mean using a plural possessive. I’m not really a proscriptavist when it comes to this, but it has to make sense.