New look and software for ASFN coming soon!

LWM

Tech Support Admin
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the top of the page is a symbol that links to a Quick Navigation Overlay/Menu.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the top of the page is a symbol that links to a Quick Navigation Overlay/Menu.

I dont have the cardinal players on top right of my screen! I even switched to the cardinal skin

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The skin is supposed to change every time you go to a different section. Like if you are in the dbacks section, it should show dbacks, if you are in the suns section, the skin should be the suns skin and so on. Still getting the kinks worked out.

LWM

Tech Support Admin
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, the right-side images only show if the screen/window you are viewing on is wide enough for it to fit.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looks great. Liking all the features so far, but my only complaint is when I'm using a small screen. Normally it's not a problem, but I'm on a 15" screen at the moment and the right side panel takes up a lot of screen real estate.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The skin is supposed to change every time you go to a different section. Like is you are in the dbacks section, it should show dbacks, if you are in the suns section, the skin should be the suns skin and so on. Still getting the kinks worked out.
might be because I chose the cardinal skin instead of the main one

Also, the right-side images only show if the screen/window you are viewing on is wide enough for it to fit.

I do keep my browser rather small so that could be it, its in a corner in the background of my work stuff.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Liking all the features so far, but my only complaint is when I'm using a small screen. Normally it's not a problem, but I'm on a 15" screen at the moment and the right side panel takes up a lot of screen real estate.

Me too. Also it takes like 3 clicks to quote sometimes. I use the small screen so it is a bit cluttered but I am getting used to it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any way to mute forums to decrease clutter? Example, I do not post about baseball, basketball or hockey, wouldnt mind removing those from my view.

or maybe to move my most visited forums to the top in a favorites section or something

LWM

Tech Support Admin
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing we've got is a Category collapse arrow, now located at right-side of each category bar.

There's no way to remove or resort individual forums.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing we've got is a Category collapse arrow, now located at right-side of each category bar.

There's no way to remove or resort individual forums.

might still help a little, thanks.

LWM

Tech Support Admin
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another idea...

You can create your own custom view of the forum by using the "Watch Forum" feature.

When you've assembled a list of forums that you are interested in reading, you use the "Watched Forums" link in the navigation area to give you a view of just those forums:

You add each forum to that list, one at a time. When in a forum section, select the "Watch Forum" option at the top-right of the list of threads. (You can select to not be alerted to new content to prevent getting a flood of alerts/emails when threads are created. The options for that is on the overlay that comes up when you hit this link.)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another idea...

You can create your own custom view of the forum by using the "Watch Forum" feature.

When you've assembled a list of forums that you are interested in reading, you use the "Watched Forums" link in the navigation area to give you a view of just those forums:

You add each forum to that list, one at a time. When in a forum section, select the "Watch Forum" option at the top-right of the list of threads. (You can select to not be alerted to new content to prevent getting a flood of alerts/emails when threads are created. The options for that is on the overlay that comes up when you hit this link.)

Great! thanks.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just found if you squeeze it slightly smaller, all the right side stuff moved to the bottom making everything for more reader friendly.

Reaction score
Where were those media albums at before? The pics are older but I've never seen them on the old set up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not getting how you add multiple quotes to your reply. You can hit + Quote on multiple posts, and it says message added to multi-quotes, but the only way I can see to reply is to hit reply or just reply at the bottom. The former only quotes one post, and the latter doesn't quote any. So, how do I do that?

Ha, never mind! I figured it out just after typing this, but I figured I'd keep the message to show you what the site answered on its own :) I must say, though I hate changes, I don't hate this straight off the bat, which is a massive positive for you.

Then again, I'm not sure how to get rid of or reduce the big stuff on the right side of the screen. Someone mentioned a solution, but I didn't understand it.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just found if you squeeze it slightly smaller, all the right side stuff moved to the bottom making everything for more reader friendly.

Awesome. We'll call it the corset/body shaper solution.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not getting how you add multiple quotes to your reply. You can hit + Quote on multiple posts, and it says message added to multi-quotes, but the only way I can see to reply is to hit reply or just reply at the bottom. The former only quotes one post, and the latter doesn't quote any. So, how do I do that?

Ha, never mind! I figured it out just after typing this, but I figured I'd keep the message to show you what the site answered on its own :) I must say, though I hate changes, I don't hate this straight off the bat, which is a massive positive for you.

Then again, I'm not sure how to get rid of or reduce the big stuff on the right side of the screen. Someone mentioned a solution, but I didn't understand it.

BRR is saying to not maximize your browser, and shrink from the edge until all the stuff shifts to the bottom.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BRR is saying to not maximize your browser, and shrink from the edge until all the stuff shifts to the bottom.

yeah just play with the size of your browser and you will see it make changes

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not bad.... I think the dot that takes you to the first unread post should be bigger. And the quick navigation button could be bigger also.

Can the Watched forums be listed on the right instead on top of the recent threads box? That would make it really easy.

More thoughts to come as I play with it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Another thought.... At the bottom of the page a button that immediately moves you back to the top of the page. I set my posts per page to 100 to cut down on total pages and this would make my path back to the navigation buttons quicker and easier.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not bad.... I think the dot that takes you to the first unread post should be bigger. And the quick navigation button could be bigger also.

Can the Watched forums be listed on the right instead on top of the recent threads box? That would make it really easy.

More thoughts to come as I play with it.

I have to click watched threads to find my watched threads, where are you finding recent threads box? this may just be another my browser is too small issue.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nevermind I found recent threads but that is not my watched threads, its just the most updated threads.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is tapatalk currently not supported? or my phone data just sucks in my building?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Another thought.... At the bottom of the page a button that immediately moves you back to the top of the page. I set my posts per page to 100 to cut down on total pages and this would make my path back to the navigation buttons quicker and easier.

There are 2 arrows at the bottom right that do this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard